The DVD Is Dying - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1081 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter0911 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

Since when is this a right or wrong issue?
Being retired and having a hobby in technology is interesting, but it is neither a right or wrong way to do things issue.
Some people like to spend their spare cash on drugs!

Wrong is when I'm telling you how to put movies on a hard drive and I explained how and the sizes of the movies you can get....you said Im wrong.

Again how many have you done?

And its not illegal to use/have the software it is illegal to sell it here in the US.



I own a perpetual license for AnyDVD. That is all that I am going to admit in public.

I do record out of print movies off of cable for personal use, so I am very familiar with file sizes and bit rates used in encoding.

Below is a summary of copyright law in the US. It is not legal to bypass DVD encryption with any software in the US. You can parse whether this that or the other software is legal or not as it does not matter.

The bottom line is copying material is not illegal but that using a program that bypasses the CSS anti-piracy encryption is illegal.



http://www.ehow.com/about_5443958_dvd-copying-laws.html
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1082 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

I own a perpetual license for AnyDVD. That is all that I am going to admit in public.
I do record out of print movies off of cable for personal use, so I am very familiar with file sizes and bit rates used in encoding.
Below is a summary of copyright law in the US. It is not legal to bypass DVD encryption with any software in the US. You can parse whether this that or the other software is legal or not as it does not matter.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5443958_dvd-copying-laws.html

If you have AnyDVD than how come you dont know anything about Ripping and Hard Drives?

Movies off a DVR/Cable is not the same thing as a Blu-ray or DVD. All movies are different sizes...
Otter0911 is online now  
post #1083 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

Don't be dull. If they can look into your PC to authenticate its identity, they can pretty much look at anything. Can you prove otherwise?

That's just some conspiracy BS. I asked you for a link - got one?

Please tell me how they can "look at anything."
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1084 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Problem with streaming is you don't own the movie. PERIOD.

I don't care what anyone says, the legal language makes it clear that if things go to the crapper you lose.

With OD I am the 100% owner.
I can play my disc anywhere i want.
I can sell it to someone.
I can give it away.

If you are building a digital library just keep that in mind.
The whole thing can go crashing down like a house of cards.

ONe more thing. NO one thought Lehman brothers and Enron would collapse but they did.
With an OD I dont need to worry if a company will go down the toilet.

I own my movie 100%.


An OD will not last forever either!

That being said, I see nothing wrong with streaming rentals if that is what you want to do. Buying as OD with streaming rights is also just fine.
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
post #1085 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

That's just some conspiracy BS. I asked you for a link - got one?
Please tell me how they can "look at anything."

Just like the one with BD-Live... If you play a DVD-R or BD-R in your player the studios will shut down your player! Remember that one?
Otter0911 is online now  
post #1086 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 03:58 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I can play my disc anywhere i want.

Only on a device that has a disc drive. Many new devices are sold that do not have a disc drive. Try playing your disc on a tablet that has no disc drive or a Smart Phone.
Quote:
IONe more thing. NO one thought Lehman brothers and Enron would collapse but they did.
With an OD I dont need to worry if a company will go down the toilet.
I own my movie 100%.

UV is a consortium of 50+ companies. You really believe they will all go out of business at the same time? rolleyes.gif
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1087 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

Don't be dull. If they can look into your PC to authenticate its identity, they can pretty much look at anything. Can you prove otherwise?

That's just some conspiracy BS. I asked you for a link - got one?

Please tell me how they can "look at anything."



I don''t have to prove anything. Tell me how UV knows that your PC is authorized to playback digital movies?


Once you sign up for UV, you have agreed to this:


"DECE respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the individuals who use the Website do the same."
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
post #1088 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:03 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

An OD will not last forever either!
That being said, I see nothing wrong with streaming rentals if that is what you want to do. Buying as OD with streaming rights is also just fine.

As is buying a download that also gives you streaming rights. Lose your internet connection - No problem, you have it downloaded on your PC.

And if other companies follow FOX, it could be substantially cheaper. Right now Prometheus DNL is almost 50% cheaper than the BD Combo and it's in HD quality.
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1089 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:06 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

I don''t have to prove anything. Once you sign up for UV, you have ageed to this:
"DECE respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the individuals who use the Website do the same."

That doesn't say anything. It probably has more to do with buying UV codes off of eBay (where you didn't buy the BD) than anything else.

Once again - show me a link where they can SPECIFICALLY look into your PC's software list.
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1090 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Didnt you all say the having a OD means you own it 100% ?

Fair-Use Doctrine

The fair-use doctrine is a commonly accepted doctrine in the U.S. It states that a consumer can make personal copies of his material if he doesn't attempt to profit from it or is using it for criticism, news reporting, teaching, scholarship or research. The fair-use doctrine also may apply to copyright material depending on whether it's used for commercial or nonprofit purposes, the nature of the copyrighted work, how much of the copyrighted work will be used and the effect the displayed copyrighted work will have for the copyrighted work's market.
Otter0911 is online now  
post #1091 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
"UltraViolet can suspend your account for violations of the Terms of Use. It can't, for example, shut off your account if you download movies through a torrent site or have DVD ripping software installed on your computer or tear those tags off your cushions, because none of that is covered in the Terms of Use."

http://www.uvdemystified.com/uvfaq.html#5.2

OK - so much for Cass's BS on that subject rolleyes.gif
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1092 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:18 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter0911 View Post

Didnt you all say the having a OD means you own it 100% ?
Fair-Use Doctrine
The fair-use doctrine is a commonly accepted doctrine in the U.S. It states that a consumer can make personal copies of his material if he doesn't attempt to profit from it or is using it for criticism, news reporting, teaching, scholarship or research. The fair-use doctrine also may apply to copyright material depending on whether it's used for commercial or nonprofit purposes, the nature of the copyrighted work, how much of the copyrighted work will be used and the effect the displayed copyrighted work will have for the copyrighted work's market.

I am sure he meant 100% as it pertains to personal use.
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1093 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter0911 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

I own a perpetual license for AnyDVD. That is all that I am going to admit in public.
I do record out of print movies off of cable for personal use, so I am very familiar with file sizes and bit rates used in encoding.
Below is a summary of copyright law in the US. It is not legal to bypass DVD encryption with any software in the US. You can parse whether this that or the other software is legal or not as it does not matter.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5443958_dvd-copying-laws.html

If you have AnyDVD than how come you dont know anything about Ripping and Hard Drives?


Who says I don't know details about ripping content to a hard drive? DVDshrink is a different animal, and I assume that you are not talking about that.

Ripping is easy. Bit rates used in a commercial dvd / bluray is easy to monitor via your player. A PC will show you file sizes of the rip. Heck, even Warner MOD DVD movies which have no extras, no CC, no 2nd audio average around 4 Gb or so for about 100 minutes of program with 2 channels of audio.

Copying an out of print VHS available only movie off of cable in a decent quality is a challenge!
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
post #1094 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

"UltraViolet can suspend your account for violations of the Terms of Use. It can't, for example, shut off your account if you download movies through a torrent site or have DVD ripping software installed on your computer or tear those tags off your cushions, because none of that is covered in the Terms of Use."
http://www.uvdemystified.com/uvfaq.html#5.2
OK - so much for Cass's BS on that subject rolleyes.gif

Thanks Lee, I ripped off those dam tags I thought I was gonna lose my UV streaming rights! I can sleep tonight biggrin.gif
Otter0911 is online now  
post #1095 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

"UltraViolet can suspend your account for violations of the Terms of Use. It can't, for example, shut off your account if you download movies through a torrent site or have DVD ripping software installed on your computer or tear those tags off your cushions, because none of that is covered in the Terms of Use."

http://www.uvdemystified.com/uvfaq.html#5.2

OK - so much for Cass's BS on that subject rolleyes.gif


Who said anything about UV shutting you off?
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
post #1096 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

Who says I don't know details about ripping content to a hard drive? DVDshrink is a different animal, and I assume that you are not talking about that.
Ripping is easy. Bit rates used in a commercial dvd / bluray is easy to monitor via your player. A PC will show you file sizes of the rip. Heck, even Warner MOD DVD movies which have no extras, no CC, no 2nd audio average around 4 Gb or so for about 100 minutes of program with 2 channels of audio.
Copying an out of print VHS available only movie off of cable in a decent quality is a challenge!

Bit rates and the sizes listed via your player is different when you remove the fluff.

Warner PT-109 MOD/DVD-r came to about 3gb

Again I have done tons of rips from BDs, DVDs and HD DVDs how many have you done? You can say I learned all about it right here on AVS....dont just rip a rental...
Otter0911 is online now  
post #1097 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

An OD will not last forever either!
That being said, I see nothing wrong with streaming rentals if that is what you want to do. Buying as OD with streaming rights is also just fine.

As is buying a download that also gives you streaming rights. Lose your internet connection - No problem, you have it downloaded on your PC.

And if other companies follow FOX, it could be substantially cheaper. Right now Prometheus DNL is almost 50% cheaper than the BD Combo and it's in HD quality.


My PC is no where near my entertainment system!
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
post #1098 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter0911 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

Who says I don't know details about ripping content to a hard drive? DVDshrink is a different animal, and I assume that you are not talking about that.
Ripping is easy. Bit rates used in a commercial dvd / bluray is easy to monitor via your player. A PC will show you file sizes of the rip. Heck, even Warner MOD DVD movies which have no extras, no CC, no 2nd audio average around 4 Gb or so for about 100 minutes of program with 2 channels of audio.
Copying an out of print VHS available only movie off of cable in a decent quality is a challenge!

Bit rates and the sizes listed via your player is different when you remove the fluff.


If you change bit rates, then picture quality goes down. That is what DVD shrink does.

Removal of fluff does save in file size.
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
post #1099 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:25 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter0911 View Post

Thanks Lee, I ripped off those dam tags I thought I was gonna lose my UV streaming rights! I can sleep tonight biggrin.gif
So a few minutes ago I opened up a UV account and damn - up popped this questionaire that demanded I answer their questions or else they would not open my UV account . . .

1. Have you ever ripped off a tag from from a seat cushion?

2. Do you own any OD ripping software?

3. Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1100 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter0911 View Post

Didnt you all say the having a OD means you own it 100% ?

Fair-Use Doctrine

The fair-use doctrine is a commonly accepted doctrine in the U.S. It states that a consumer can make personal copies of his material if he doesn't attempt to profit from it or is using it for criticism, news reporting, teaching, scholarship or research. The fair-use doctrine also may apply to copyright material depending on whether it's used for commercial or nonprofit purposes, the nature of the copyrighted work, how much of the copyrighted work will be used and the effect the displayed copyrighted work will have for the copyrighted work's market.



You can not copy a dvd that will play anywhere if you do not bypass encryption. That is what all these programs do, and that is why all of the movies that you have copied to your hard drive(s) are not legal copies.


Bottom Line

The fair-use doctrine makes it legal to make copies of DVDs that consumers buy, as long as the consumer does not intend to make profits from the copy or hold mass viewings without the original creator's permission. But the DMCA states that any program that hacks or bypasses the CSS anti-piracy encryption that most DVD ripping software contains is illegal.
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
post #1101 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Guys do you think is better to build a htpc than using multiple boxes for streaming , that way I dont have to jump from xbox to roku and lg bd? I have a quad core gateway with mini atx with hdmi ,was thinking of buying a htpc case to fit the pc in that case.The only problem is that I hate windows media center ,which media center should I use?
losservatore is online now  
post #1102 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
sog35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Only on a device that has a disc drive. Many new devices are sold that do not have a disc drive. Try playing your disc on a tablet that has no disc drive or a Smart Phone.
UV is a consortium of 50+ companies. You really believe they will all go out of business at the same time? rolleyes.gif

oh Jesus. Thats like saying you cant play your stream movies on a table that does not have an internet connection.

No duh you need a BD/DVD player to play OD. Seriously.

All that needs to happen is ONE of the movie studios go down the toilet. Its the movie studios that owns the rights to the movies not UV. If you own movies from that studio you are screwed.
sog35 is offline  
post #1103 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Tulpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

My PC is no where near my entertainment system!

Content streamers (or any DLNA device, really) solve that problem.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Tulpa is offline  
post #1104 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

Who said anything about UV shutting you off?

Oh right - THIS is the BS you were pushing:
Quote:
Maybe UV is going to be on the lookout for content that is not legal. They say that UV will not shut you off if they find decrytion sotware on your PC, will they report you too others for action at a later date?

Again, it is not illegal for you to own decryption software. It is illegal for it to be sold in the USA. That clear that up for you?

As far as them reporting what they "accidently" found (if they even could) there are so many legal issues with that that are covered under Rights Of Privacy it would be a lawyers wet dream.
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1105 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
sog35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Building a HTPC, ripping movies, bypassing encryption, networking to your TV, ect, ect, ect is NOT EASY for the average consumer.

It is a MILLION times easier for the average consumer to just put the disc in the drive and press play.
And this thread is mostly about the average consumer and what will drive the market.
sog35 is offline  
post #1106 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Palmer_Cass View Post

If you change bit rates, then picture quality goes down. That is what DVD shrink does.
Removal of fluff does save in file size.

No Sh*t !!

Lets see I have...

AnyDVD HD
DVDShrink
DVDFab
MakeMKV
DVDFab Media Player
ClownBD
TSmuxer
MKVmerge
BDSup2Sub
Handbrake (great for tablets and smartphones)
Streaming....PlayOn, Plex, TVersity

Oh and DVDFab versions from 4.0 and to current

Doing this awhile.... I know I forgot some
Otter0911 is online now  
post #1107 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
sog35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

Content streamers (or any DLNA device, really) solve that problem.

again, not easy for the AVERAGE consumer.
This thread is about the AVERAGE consumer who drives the market.
sog35 is offline  
post #1108 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:37 PM
 
Lee Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 19,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

oh Jesus. Thats like saying you cant play your stream movies on a table that does not have an internet connection.

Don't they all have one?
Quote:
No duh you need a BD/DVD player to play OD. Seriously.
All that needs to happen is ONE of the movie studios go down the toilet. Its the movie studios that owns the rights to the movies not UV. If you own movies from that studio you are screwed.

BS - lots of studios have "gone down the toilet" - another studio just buys their movies and content.
Lee Stewart is offline  
post #1109 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

So a few minutes ago I opened up a UV account and damn - up popped this questionaire that demanded I answer their questions or else they would not open my UV account . . .
1. Have you ever ripped off a tag from from a seat cushion?
2. Do you own any OD ripping software?
3. Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

1. Dam they know
2. Scan my computer and tell me
3. Nope (She tried to scare me the other day I turned and hit her by accident, she wont let me live it down mad.gif)

Im Screwed! biggrin.gif
Otter0911 is online now  
post #1110 of 1422 Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Tulpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Average consumers don't have HTPCs, who are the ones most likely to use content streamers. Cass said if he downloaded a movie to his PC, he couldn't get it to his TV. A content streamer solves that.

Average consumers use the built in app on their Blu-ray player or Roku box. You'd have to be a real mouthbreather not to figure one of those out. Not that DLNA is all that hard, either.

I was directly addressing one of his issues. I wasn't making a blanket statement. But hey, didn't stop you from making a baseless bash against streaming media, did it?

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Tulpa is offline  
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off