What infinitely replayable classics have you watched at least ten times? - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 249 Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Eight pages of posts, but no love for Watership Down. frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 249 Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
bringing up baby

neflixis our nemesis
post #243 of 249 Old 09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Yes! adding to my list....

Bringing Up Baby

and
Monkey Business...BOTH of them..the Marx Bros (1931) and the Cary Grant (1952) movies. Different movies (as in NOT remakes) but same title.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #244 of 249 Old 09-18-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselfest View Post

Terry Gilliam's Brazil
Dazed and Confused
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Ed Wood
Up in Smoke
Goldfinger
You Only Live Twice
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Die Hard
The Longest Yard (orig. ver)
Slapshot
Hollywood Knights

Watched Hollywood Nights on BD a few months ago - it holds up, which surprised me. Vooolare ... biggrin.gif

Nice to see Ed Lauter get some love - one of the great character actors (see his bio at IMDB for one of the better batch of quotes.)

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #245 of 249 Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Terminator-2
The Matrix
Aliens
The Naked Gun
Airplane
Spaceballs
Young Frankenstein
Ghostbusters
Jurassic Park
Silence of the Lambs
The Shining
National Lampoons Vacation
Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

never take life seriously
post #246 of 249 Old 09-23-2012, 03:56 PM

Liked: 10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1/2

Don't hate.
post #247 of 249 Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 PM
KOA
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Another one I've seen a lot... Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
post #248 of 249 Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here are some from my list in no particular order and mostly things I haven’t seen mentioned.

“Captain Blood,” “The Sea Hawk,” and “The Adventures of Robin Hood.” I can’t believe no one has mentioned Errol Flynn. These movies can be watched over and over and enjoyed for his performance and just good movie making.

“The Battle of Britain” A great movie about the most important battle in Europe in WWII. Americans like to think it was D-Day, but if the Brits hadn’t won the Battle of Britain, there wouldn’t have been a D-Day. This is a great movie with no CGI. Those are real WWII era planes flying all those formations and battle recreations in the sky.

“Charade.” A great suspense movie in the style of Alfred Hitchcock with two great stars the top of their game, Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn, and a great supporting cast.

“The Day of the Jackal” Others have asked how you can rewatch a suspense movie when you know what’s going to happen. Sometimes it doesn’t matter where it goes (I mean, you know DeGaulle wasn’t assassinated), but how you get there.

“Midnight Run” Not only is Robert DeNiro a great serious actor, but he shows here he can do comedy as well. Charles Grodin and Joe Pantoliano are great supporters.

“The Maltese Falcon” Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade. Enough said.

“North by Northwest” My favorite Hitchcock, which I probably watch every year and have for longer than I care to admit. Second favorite is “The 39 Steps,” which I’ve also watched more than 10 times.

“A League of Their Own” I don’t know why but Tom Hanks performance just knocks me out every time. It doesn’t hurt that it’s about our National Pastime, though with a new take, and that it has one of the best lines related to it: “There’s no crying in baseball!”

“Mister Smith Goes to Washington” “It’s a Wonderful Life” is a great Christmas movie, and “It Happened One Night” won all 5 top Oscars in 1935, but MSGTW is Frank Capra’s best film and one worth seeing over and over again.

Almost any Marx Brothers film, but favorites are “The Coconuts,” and “Horsefeathers.”

No Woody Allen? “Play It Again Sam” is one I’ve watched numerous times because of its inventiveness, the obvious attraction between him and Diane Keaton, and because it has some of the funniest lines in any movie I’ve seen, and I routinely quote them on any possible occasion.

“Best in Show” Anyone who’s seen it knows how funny it is even after repeated watchings. If you haven’t seen it, you should. In my opinion the funniest of Christopher Guest’s movies, but “This is Spinal Tap” is a close second.
post #249 of 249 Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 AM

Liked: 10
E.T.
A.I.
The Legend of 1900
Titanic
Forest Gump
God Father
Fight Club
The Painted Veil

and many more.cool.gif
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Aliens Blu Ray , Coen Brothers Collection Blood Simple Fargo Millers Crossing Raising Arizona Blu Ray , Scarface Limited Edition Blu Ray Digital Copy , Blade Runner Five Disc Complete Collectors Edition Blu Ray , Terminator 2 Judgment Day Skynet Edition Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Blade by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page