Why are movies so LOOOOONG? - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 275 Old 11-24-2012, 08:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Heh, I just stumbled across an Asylum mockbuster called "American Warships." It's basically a ripoff of Battleship, but clocks in at 90 minutes. So there's your 90 minute Battleship movie. tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjn1rCaoT3c

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 275 Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

Heh, I just stumbled across an Asylum mockbuster called "American Warships." It's basically a ripoff of Battleship, but clocks in at 90 minutes. So there's your 90 minute Battleship movie. tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjn1rCaoT3c

That's just a quick copy of the genre from the VanPeebles crew. Pretty horrible but if the clock's your main criteria WTFK?

post #273 of 275 Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Yeah, I'm well aware of the Asylum's MO, and pretty much any high concept action/horror movie that can be quickly copied for a fast buck is within their wheelhouse. Seeing as their entire filmography has earned a profit, can't blame them for trying.

But given that Battleship is a pretty awful movie in its own right, and the trailer for American Warships actually looks pretty darn good for an Asylum movie, and it hits the 90 minute mark, why not? cool.gif

Speaking of Asylum films, the lead guy in Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies is actually supposed to be a pretty good performance, and maybe even better than the Lincoln in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (dunno how he stacks up to Daniel Day Lewis's Lincoln, though. tongue.gif )

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #274 of 275 Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I'm not sure if this a recent trend but there seems to be more 2+ hours I understand movies like LOTR and Dark Knight need the extra time to develop characters. Also these movies are great so I have no problem if these movies run over 2 or even 3 hours.

But there are movies out their that have no business being 2 hours long. The most recent example I can think of is Battleship......Here are a list of other movies that are way too long. So long that it actually hurts the good parts of the movies:

Transformers 1-3 (although I can understand #1 to introduce the characters but still way too long)
KingKong
Pearl Harbor
Waterworld
Matrix Reloaded
Even Dark Knight Rises could have benefited from being trimmed by 10 or 15 minutes.

Yes I agree it seems every one is extending the time! The Hobbit, Django Unchained...and so on
post #275 of 275 Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 460
If movies were short, they would be a sitcom.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
The Lord Of The Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy The Fellowship Of The Ring The Two Towers The Retur , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Blu Ray Movies , Transformers Blu Ray , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Matrix
Gear in this thread - Transformers by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page