post #91 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

A different type of movie? It's in the same genre as Transformers, where Michael Bay spent considerable amount of time filming Megan Fox's bare midriff. Which everyone raved over just as much as the giant robots.
I like how you think you can cut the fluff out of Battleship of all films, when basically the entire film was one big fluff piece. You're not going to make Die Hard out of that junk by editing.

the only people who 'raved' about megan's midriff was 15 year old boys.
Like i said if you want to see midriffs there is other types of movies that will fit that 'need'.

anyway, I could easily cut out 30 minutes of Battleship and make it a better film. easily.

I just can't beleive a bunch of you don't think a ton of movies are bloated and filled with crap/fluff that could easily be edited out. The final result will be a better paced movie that does not get sidetracted by plot points that dont add anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

the only people who 'raved' about megan's midriff was 15 year old boys.

Oh, there were plenty more people than 15 year old boys that raved about her (in terms of making her a sex object. No one raves about her acting.) Their dollars count just as much as yours, and they'd be quick to question your sexuality on the mere mention of cutting out that shot.
Quote:
Like i said if you want to see midriffs there is other types of movies that will fit that 'need'.

Again, it's a movie based on a board game that was never going to aspire to be anything more than a crowd pleaser, handing out Brooklyn Decker's chest and Rihanna's hind end just as much as the explosions. Because that's what the filmmakers believe people want, and plenty of people out there want that. And plenty of people would think you're nuts for suggesting cutting the boobs.

And then there are people who think you're both idiots for believing Battleship would be any good no matter what its running time, and the only cut they'd suggest is cutting the entire two hours. That it was junk from the beginning and no amount of editing would save it.

Come on, it's all opinion based. You like explosions, but prefer your boobs in other films. Others want the boobs and the booms. Others don't really care for boobs and booms based films.

At the end of the day, you still paid to see the film, the studio got the money, and they're just going to keep churning out the same crap they always do, because enough people went to see it, bought it or rented it.
Quote:
anyway, I could easily cut out 30 minutes of Battleship and make it a better film. easily.

As I said before, you can do that. Any editing software can handle cutting. Many are free. Go to town.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #93 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
someone is complaining about "too much brooklyn decker"? in a popcorn flick? confused.gif

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #94 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Thank you kindly...ordered.smile.gif

thanks from me as well... smile.gif cheap enough too...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #95 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

Oh, there were plenty more people than 15 year old boys that raved about her (in terms of making her a sex object. No one raves about her acting.) Their dollars count just as much as yours, and they'd be quick to question your sexuality on the mere mention of cutting out that shot.
Again, it's a movie based on a board game that was never going to aspire to be anything more than a crowd pleaser, handing out Brooklyn Decker's chest and Rihanna's hind end just as much as the explosions. Because that's what the filmmakers believe people want, and plenty of people out there want that. And plenty of people would think you're nuts for suggesting cutting the boobs.
And then there are people who think you're both idiots for believing Battleship would be any good no matter what its running time, and the only cut they'd suggest is cutting the entire two hours. That it was junk from the beginning and no amount of editing would save it.
Come on, it's all opinion based. You like explosions, but prefer your boobs in other films. Others want the boobs and the booms. Others don't really care for boobs and booms based films.
At the end of the day, you still paid to see the film, the studio got the money, and they're just going to keep churning out the same crap they always do, because enough people went to see it, bought it or rented it.
As I said before, you can do that. Any editing software can handle cutting. Many are free. Go to town.

are you calling me gay? seriously. If you want to see midrifft watch the other type of movies.

Editing blurays are illegal.
post #96 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Yes a lot of movies are too long, but that tends to be because the action / climax is boring and predictable. Transformers 2 and 3 were just monotonous, and I felt even avengers was pushing it a bit.

OP agrees that good movies can be any length.

All that means, is that bad movies have sequences that drag on.

It's not that the movie shouldn't have been xyz minutes long, but that action sequence there probably should have been a minutes long not bc minutes of nonstop explosions and corny plot.

I've always felt the best stories are way too long for the movie format. My favorite media tends to be anime in the around 26 to 40 episode range, or Novels like the Count of Monte Cristo and A Song of Ice and Fire. Movies that approach that ability to really amaze me often end up really good trilogies like Lord of the Rings and Batman - and no surprise they're adaptions of other media with a LOT of source content to work from, and ultimately long fimls in their own right. If you ask me how long Shutter Island or Inception or Avatar were, I couldn't tell you. They were all just good movies, but I wouold bet on them being over 2 hours long.
post #97 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:

are you calling me gay? seriously. If you want to see midrifft watch the other type of movies.

no offense but I think you should read Tulpa's post again... smile.gif
post #98 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOA View Post

Just watch the free trailers. Bad movies put the good stuff in them.

Prometheus are you seeing this?

post #99 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Thank you kindly...ordered.smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

thanks from me as well... smile.gif cheap enough too...

You're both welcome!

Bobby 

post #100 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:

Editing blurays are illegal.

That depends on the Blu-ray. I've seen at least a couple which let you put together your own favorite series of scenes and share your cut-list over the BD-Live connection.

Selden
post #101 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 385
There are some cases where extremely long "movies" are enjoyed by many people. When I skimmed through the article (mentioned way upstream) which lists "The Longest Movies Ever Made", one of its examples was Fannie and Alexander where it considered the TV-series to be the long version of the movie.

Although it hasn't made it to the Big Screen (yet?), I think Game of Thrones falls into this category. How many people have purchased the ODs and (re)watched the entire first season over a minimal number of days? Of course, like LOTR, it has a lot of source material to work from.

Selden
post #102 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

If you want to see midrifft watch the other type of movies.

Shouldn't this apply to you, too? If you don't want to see midriff, etc, watch other types of movies. Why do *you* get to decide what defines a particular genre?

When it comes to the Transforemer franchise, directors like Bay are doing what they've always done. Had you seen Armegeddon (184 minutes)? Pearl Harbor (151 minutes)? Were you expecting Transformers to be any different? After seeing Transformers, did you expect parts 2 and 3 to be any different? Why whine about their lengths? It's a Bay movie. It's expected.

Let me just toss this out there... The new TMNT movie will be out in a few years. It will be bloated. There will be fluff. There will be tons of stuff that *you* think should have been edited out. (And I'll go out on a limb and say that Bay will find away to make the fanboys cringe by tinkering with "official TMNT canon").
If you go to see "Ninja Turtles" and expect anything remotely different, you will be sorely disappointed.

post #103 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespaguy View Post

Shouldn't this apply to you, too? If you don't want to see midriff, etc, watch other types of movies. Why do *you* get to decide what defines a particular genre?
When it comes to the Transforemer franchise, directors like Bay are doing what they've always done. Had you seen Armegeddon (184 minutes)? Pearl Harbor (151 minutes)? Were you expecting Transformers to be any different? After seeing Transformers, did you expect parts 2 and 3 to be any different? Why whine about their lengths? It's a Bay movie. It's expected.
Let me just toss this out there... The new TMNT movie will be out in a few years. It will be bloated. There will be fluff. There will be tons of stuff that *you* think should have been edited out. (And I'll go out on a limb and say that Bay will find away to make the fanboys cringe by tinkering with "official TMNT canon").
If you go to see "Ninja Turtles" and expect anything remotely different, you will be sorely disappointed.

I get to decide because I'm the master of my kingdom.
post #104 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

What sentiment? I am not a mind reader. I know one thing, I've never watched a good movie and thought, "Damn, I wish that movie was longer"

Well, that's probably because most good movies resolve the plot. Nobody wants a 30 minute epilogue. When it's over, it's over.

That being said, I can name a bunch of experiences where I'd gladly watch "more" content if it was available. At the end of the first two LotR movies, I wanted more (and I imagine many others would have agreed). The fact that there is a demand for extended versions of movies is another sign that people will sit through a longer version of a good movie (I admit that it's not identical to saying "i wish that movie was longer", but the sentiment is similar.) And although it's not a movie, there was a fairly popular serial drama (which will remain nameless) on television several years ago that left viewers wanting more on a weekly basis.

post #105 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I just giggle at some of your comments.

"Dont criticize directors. Everything in a movie is there for a reason. There is no fluff. Only fluff to you"
"If you dont like Mr Bays movies watch something else"
"Other people enjoy Midriff and pointless scenes, dont complain"

Guess what? I'd watch another Transformer movie not made by Bay, but there is NONE.
Guess what? Directors make mistakes too. They should be held to a high standard and taken to the mat for included superflous scenes.
You act like every single movie is PERFECT the way it is.

Guess what?
If movies are just PERFECT the way they are WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DIRECTORS CUTS??????
YES, JUST DRINK THE COOL-AID HOLLYWOOD IS SLURPING DOWN YOUR THROAT.
post #106 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

to get people to re-buy the movie...

- chris

post #107 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just giggle at some of your comments.
"Dont criticize directors. Everything in a movie is there for a reason. There is no fluff. Only fluff to you"
"Other people enjoy Midriff and pointless scenes, dont complain"
Guess what? I'd watch another Transformer movie not made by Bay, but there is NONE.
Guess what? Directors make mistakes too. They should be held to a high standard and taken to the mat for included superflous scenes.
You act like every single movie is PERFECT the way it is.
Guess what?
If movies are just PERFECT the way they are WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DIRECTORS CUTS??????
YES, JUST DRINK THE COOL-AID HOLLYWOOD IS SLURPING DOWN YOUR THROAT.

No, no, no.... I'm saying the exact opposite. I'm saying that you are watching crappy movies made my notoriously crappy directors and then whining when they give you the exact same type of movie over and over again. "Transformers would have been better if they just cut blah, blah, blah". And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt hopping. Bay didn't make the film the way YOU wanted... and he never will. The movie IS what it is, and you'd be foolish to expect anything different the next time you go to a Michael Bay film.

But go ahead and plunk down $15 for "Ninja Turtles" in 2014 - I'm sure that THIS time Michael Bay and company will make a really, really awesome film with great dialogue and no fluff scenes that isn't bloated and doesn't trample all over the history of a franchise. Yup. THIS time it will happen!!! I KNOW it!!
Quote:

Nah. Keep paying money for something you don't enjoy. That makes much more sense. rolleyes.gif

post #108 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

someone is complaining about "too much brooklyn decker"? in a popcorn flick? confused.gif

I know. I've seen it all now.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #109 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Liked: 41
I LIKE PIE!!!

Oops. Sorry. This thread has been off topic for so long I forgot what we were talking about.

Just keep talkin'. I'll let you know when you're right.
post #110 of 275 Old 09-12-2012, 09:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
^^^

LOL.....yeah, that happens around here (and is one of the best things about AVS wink.gif).

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #111 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald View Post

Oops. Sorry. This thread has been off topic for so long I forgot what we were talking about.

If you re-read the thread you'll find out that it's been about pie all along!

Judging by the font color you used for your exclamation of enjoying pie, you must prefer blueberry. That's a wise preference, my good man.
post #112 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I just watched SnowWhite and the Huntsman.
Pretty decent movie but too short.

I mean directors just need to use common sense.
Movies like Battleship only need 3 or 4 scenes. Thus there is no reason for it to be so long.
Fight on water. Fight on land. end of movie.
post #113 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Quote:
Judging by the font color you used for your exclamation of enjoying pie, you must prefer blueberry. That's a wise preference, my good man.

You're kidding, right? I mean, you CAN'T be serious.

CHERRY PIE!!!!

Every time I eat a cherry pie, I wish took LONGER to eat it.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #114 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan6797 View Post

Every time I eat a cherry pie, I wish took LONGER to eat it.

That's what she said.

Sorry, couldn't resist, this might get moderated.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #115 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
As soon as I posted that I figured SOMEBODY would go there. Only took 4 hours.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #116 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
not near a popular as the "The Slow Death of the DVD" thread, that one went from DVD's to music, and to you can't tell the difference between lossy and lossless audio tracks, and on and on, I much rather talk about desserts. the other day I got a membership to one of those warehouse clubs and purchased a cheesecake factory brand frozen cheese cake, ah, it was fantastic, the whole pie was like 3500 calories, but it was worth it.

any way, so I think wyatt earp would have been just as good as tombstone, if it would have been an hour shorter, there you go, back on topic.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #117 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

not near a popular as the "The Slow Death of the DVD" thread, that one went from DVD's to music, and to you can't tell the difference between lossy and lossless audio tracks, and on and on, I much rather talk about desserts. the other day I got a membership to one of those warehouse clubs and purchased a cheesecake factory brand frozen cheese cake, ah, it was fantastic, the whole pie was like 3500 calories, but it was worth it.
any way, so I think wyatt earp would have been just as good as tombstone, if it would have been an hour shorter, there you go, back on topic.
Nice.biggrin.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #118 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Reminds me of this thread!

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

post #119 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 PM

Liked: 44
Quote:

LOL - well you are entitled to your opinion of course but runtime had nothing to do with Tombstone beating the snot out of Wyatt Earp.
post #120 of 275 Old 09-13-2012, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

you bore me.
i think you posts were better if they were shorter and had less crap/fluff in them.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Tags
The Lord Of The Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy The Fellowship Of The Ring The Two Towers The Retur , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Blu Ray Movies , Transformers Blu Ray , Transformers Dark Of The Moon Three Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Matrix
Gear in this thread - Transformers by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page