Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

-Bill

Raquel Welch in The Magic Christian.
I just realized she must be Carmen Electra's' mother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Resident Evil Retribution

That's the one!

Has everyone read 4 Memos from the Most Bafflingly Evil Movie Corporation?

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #543 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan View Post

Raquel Welch in The Magic Christian.
I just realized she must be Carmen Electra's' mother.

Winner!

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #544 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dledmo View Post

"Kiss Them for Me"
I was pretty sure that was Cary Grant but took a bit on the redhead, Suzy Parker.

Very good! Yes, a 1957 film starring Cary Grant, Jayne Mansfield and Suzy Parker.

Suzy Parker was a (super) model turned actress and her life story is quite interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Parker

I thought the movie (based on a Broadway play) was sub-par for a Cary Grant film but Suzy Parker made it worthwhile. It's streaming on Netflix.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #545 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Name that movie:

Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Confessions of an Opium Eater

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #546 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Although I own his cookbook, I can't name the movie.cool.gif

Laura's out on BD in a week or two, Bill. You should review it.smile.gif
post #547 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post

Although I own his cookbook, I can't name the movie.cool.gif

It's pretty obscure; I had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago.
Quote:
Laura's out on BD in a week or two, Bill. You should review it.smile.gif

I had brief comments almost three years ago: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1197724/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier/60#post_18130063

But this is a favorite (and my wife likes it! bonus!) and I'll definitely be reviewing it again when it comes around on BR.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #548 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:

It's pretty obscure; I had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago.
Worth it for the quick 'n easy Hollandaise/Bernaise recipes alone, though these days the interweb is probably full of such. My mom had a copy and gifted one to me way back when.

Yup, Laura is a terrific film and I'm glad for the Blu-ray release. More noir is always a good thing.
post #549 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Wow, I think I got one.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #550 of 4031 Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Wow, I think I got one.

Yes you did! Welcome to the game.

My review: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1197724/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier/900#post_22865244

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #551 of 4031 Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

Answer:
Death Race 2000 (1975)

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #552 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Well, then, name this movie:

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #553 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

-Bill

DEATH RACE 2000?

post #554 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPete View Post

DEATH RACE 2000?

A fellow connoisseur of fine cinema! Welcome to the game.

My review: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1197724/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier/900#post_22873899

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #555 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes you did! Welcome to the game.

My review: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1197724/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier/900#post_22865244

-Bill

I guess now that I got one I have to post one? Harder than I thought - hope it's not too obvious or obscure.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #556 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

I guess now that I got one I have to post one? Harder than I thought - hope it's not too obvious or obscure.

Lovely Jenny Seagrove in LOCAL HERO. She's still working.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #557 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:

-Bill

Rooster Cogburn

post #558 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post

Rooster Cogburn

Not this time, cowboy. I recall Katherine Hepburn operating a Gatling Gun was a high point of that one, though.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #559 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

-Bill

Lovely lady, lovely film, one of my personal favorites. Okay. I'll try one more.

post #560 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

Lovely lady, lovely film, one of my personal favorites. Okay. I'll try one more.

TROUBLE IN MIND. I reviewed that here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1259578/review-films-of-the-1980s-here#post_18908380

I'm finally getting some points!

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #561 of 4031 Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

TROUBLE IN MIND. I reviewed that here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1259578/review-films-of-the-1980s-here#post_18908380

I'm finally getting some points!

-Bill

Nice review - Faithful's rendition of "El Gavilon" with Isham's arrangement is remarkable. The phrase that always sticks in my mind is:

The dreams that possess you
Can blossom and bless you
Or run you insane

I'm a sucker for a good rhyme smile.gif

Since you need points, here's another softball you can smack out of the park.

post #562 of 4031 Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

Since you need points, here's another softball you can smack out of the park.

Tall woman, that lighting, must be Lesley Ann Warren in CHOOSE ME, reviewed here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1259578/review-films-of-the-1980s-here#post_19106489

Whatever happened to Alan Rudolph? If you post THE MODERNS we'll have the trilogy.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #563 of 4031 Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

-Bill

So is Peter Capaldi next to her. He was just in The Hour from the BBC.

SMK
post #564 of 4031 Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

Answer:
Circle of Iron

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #565 of 4031 Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Tall woman, that lighting, must be Lesley Ann Warren in CHOOSE ME, reviewed here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1259578/review-films-of-the-1980s-here#post_19106489

Whatever happened to Alan Rudolph? If you post THE MODERNS we'll have the trilogy.

-Bill

I don't know, I lost track of him after Afterglow. I dearly love CM/TiM, but never connected with The Moderns for some reason.

post #566 of 4031 Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

-Bill

Still available. The next one is a different movie, but has an obvious hint for the above.

Name that film:

Answer:
In the Good Old Summertime

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #567 of 4031 Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Name that film:

-Bill

Good Old Summertime.

post #568 of 4031 Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

Good Old Summertime.

That's pretty good, even if two words short. Was it the harp?

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #569 of 4031 Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's pretty good, even if two words short. Was it the harp?

-Bill

Yep, because whenever I see Garland in a period costume my first thought is of Meet Me in St. Louis. smile.gif

post #570 of 4031 Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

Nice review - Faithful's rendition of "El Gavilon" with Isham's arrangement is remarkable. The phrase that always sticks in my mind is:

The dreams that possess you
Can blossom and bless you
Or run you insane

I'm a sucker for a good rhyme smile.gif

By the way, the last 4 minutes of the film with Faithful singing are available online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVjnDh8hCg

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page