One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #903 of 3958 Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dledmo View Post

Name That Movie

Maximum Overdrive

?

Chronic masticator.
Gear: Speakers (Paradigm Reference Studio Series): 40 v4 (front L/R), CC-690 v4 (centre), 20 v4 (surround L/R). PSA XS30 (subwoofer).
Denon AVR-X4000, Emotiva XPA-5, Samsung PN64F8500 (64" plasma), DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000, PS3, Sony BDP-S6200, Apple TV (3rd gen.), Harmony One, Sennheiser RS180
post #904 of 3958 Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboe77 View Post

No but an interesting guess
post #905 of 3958 Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'm having a hard time coming up with screen caps that aren't either trivially easy because you'd recognize the stars so identifying the film would just involve a trivial IMDB search.

And on the other end of the scale, I have a bunch of obscure foreign films that probably know one will recognize so what's the point?

Anyway, here's an obscure film which I know Bill McClain has seen. If Bill will hold his tongue for 24 hours, I'd like to see if anyone else recognizes it.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Baba Yaga: The Devil Witch

If anyone is interested in trying to identify some obscure foreign films let me know and I'll post some caps, but otherwise I think they'll be too obscure too be an interesting challenge.
post #906 of 3958 Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

If anyone is interested in trying to identify some obscure foreign films let me know and I'll post some caps, but otherwise I think they'll be too obscure too be an interesting challenge.

Try a couple. You're correct that the goal is to post challenges that are challenging without being impossibly obscure. It's hard to gauge the readership here; we have an eclectic bunch.

I've got some standing by, too. They are such "little" films chances are no one has seen them, but we'll see.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #907 of 3958 Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM

It's been almost two days, here are a couple of hints:

Here's a shot in the same scene.

And another.
post #908 of 3958 Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:

I'm having a hard time coming up with screen caps that aren't either trivially easy because you'd recognize the stars so identifying the film would just involve a trivial IMDB search.

And on the other end of the scale, I have a bunch of obscure foreign films that probably know one will recognize so what's the point?

Anyway, here's an obscure film which I know Bill McClain has seen. If Bill will hold his tongue for 24 hours, I'd like to see if anyone else recognizes it.

The obscure films are great! I may not get the answer, but I get great ideas on films to watch.

Looky here!
post #909 of 3958 Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Anyway, here's an obscure film which I know Bill McClain has seen. If Bill will hold his tongue for 24 hours, I'd like to see if anyone else recognizes

My post is of a relatively new film, within the last 10 years, with several big time stars. Actually I am rather surprised no one has guessed my post yet. It took me a bit to get my posts the way I want them, I use PowerDVD which came with my computer to do a screen capture from the DVD. Then I can upload the pic from my computer without an url which defeats the Google reverse image search. This way you can choose any frame from the movie to post, not just the ones on IMDB. PM me if you want more details, otherwise start posting pics and see how they do, the more pics posted the better!
post #910 of 3958 Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM

Liked: 54
Quote:

Name That Movie

Old School. I wouldn't have gotten it based on this pic alone. The hints gave it away.
post #911 of 3958 Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Name that movie:

post #912 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

-Bill

Still available:

Lavc54.86.100

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #913 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

Answer:
The Lord's of Flatbush (1974)

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #914 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 AM

Name that movie:

Answer: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Real Men
post #915 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeb View Post

Old School. I wouldn't have gotten it based on this pic alone. The hints gave it away.

Correct. That part cracks me up, "It's go time!"
post #916 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

-Bill

The Color of Money
post #917 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

The Color of Money

I hadn't thought of that one! But no, not this time.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #918 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 130
@Steeb:

Jim Belushi + 1980's Movies + Clowns = Real Men
post #919 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The Color of Money

Quote:

I hadn't thought of that one! But no, not this time.

-Bill

I was going to guess that movie...smile.gif
post #920 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Name that movie:

Lavc54.86.100

-Bill

Quote:

Still available:

Lavc54.86.100

-Bill

Bill, this is killing me! The actress looks so familiar and for some reason it looks like a recent movie but the second picture looks to be a movie from your 1979 and earlier film review thread....humm, looks to be a horror film as well and not my favorite genre. Well 48 hours are up...off to IMDB!
post #921 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post

Bill, this is killing me! The actress looks so familiar

The girl with the ball? This is her only film credit.
Quote:
and for some reason it looks like a recent movie but the second picture looks to be a movie from your 1979 and earlier film review thread....humm, looks to be a horror film as well and not my favorite genre. Well 48 hours are up...off to IMDB!

This is the craftiest challenge yet. (And possibly too obscure, alas).

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #922 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:

@Steeb:

Jim Belushi + 1980's Movies + Clowns = Real Men

That's it!

Guess I made that one too easy... biggrin.gif
post #923 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey Bill, feel free to tell everyone what film this is now. I know you've seen it since it was in one of your "older films" threads. And once you've seen it it's hard to forget so I think you'll recognize the cap.
post #924 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

OK, let's try some foreign films since the responses to the suggestion were positive.

Let's start off easy, with an iconic shot from a Spanish film that a lot of people should recognize since it was used on posters and in ads for the film:

Tie Me Up; Tie Me Down
post #925 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

Hey Bill, feel free to tell everyone what film this is now. I know you've seen it since it was in one of your "older films" threads. And once you've seen it it's hard to forget so I think you'll recognize the cap.

A rare point for me! Tell me my review led you to the film and you'll have made my day. Sorry it wasn't a better one.

This is Baba Yaga, Devil Witch (1973).

Reprint comic collections by Guido Crepax have started appearing as Amazon e-books. Probably not suitable for the small-screen Kindles so I haven't tried one yet. Although maybe for the computer...

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #926 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

OK, let's try some foreign films since the responses to the suggestion were positive.

I only post spoilers AFTER the correct answer is given. You can stress the honor system too much.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #927 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The girl with the ball? This is her only film credit.

No wonder I couldn't place her...

Quote:
This is the craftiest challenge yet. (And possibly too obscure, alas).

-Bill

Indeed!

I got really lucky here...I thought the first picture might be a young Brigitte Bardot but the lips were different on her IMDB picture...

Then I saw this under Known For:

Marina Yaru in the upper right corner and her one film credit...smile.gif

Great challenge Bill.
post #928 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

Indeed!

I got really lucky here...I thought the first picture might be a young Brigitte Bardot but the lips were different on her IMDB picture...

Then I saw this under Known For:

Marina Yaru in the upper right corner and her one film credit...smile.gif

Great challenge Bill.

There you go! My review: Spirits of the Dead (1968)

It was tricky because the film is an anthology of three, so the clips have nothing to do with each other. This was to be the last clue:

Lavc54.86.100

The girl with the ball in the first clip is Toby Dammit's idea of the Devil.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #929 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A rare point for me! Tell me my review led you to the film and you'll have made my day. Sorry it wasn't a better one.

This is Baba Yaga, Devil Witch (1973).

Reprint comic collections by Guido Crepax have started appearing as Amazon e-books. Probably not suitable for the small-screen Kindles so I haven't tried one yet. Although maybe for the computer...

-Bill

Yep, Baba Yaga. Unfortunately it wasn't your review that led me to it. But I was pleasantly shocked to see you review it

Many years ago when I was trolling through one of those huge remaindered book sales that they used to have, I ran across a book about foreign horror/schlock/soft-core films and bought it. That book mentioned the Carroll Baker nude scene in Baba Yaga which is what piqued my curiosity about it. Due to that book and being bored with everything coming out of Hollywood at the time, I went on a bit of a Euro schlock fad for a couple of years. So that's where a bunch of my foreign film posts are going to come from.

AFA the spoiler issue you mentioned in your other post, yeah I've been holding off in general. But, in that specific case, I felt the pic was so iconic and widely known that I thought it would be instantly identified so that having the spoiler tag up front wouldn't matter. But perhaps I was wrong, since no one has posted a title yet.
post #930 of 3958 Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Name that movie:

I don't have a men wearing pantyhose masks fetish, I promise!
The Way of the Gun
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page