The Ongoing "Name That Movie" Contest - Page 91 - AVS Forum
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last
Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion > The Ongoing "Name That Movie" Contest
Shaded Dogfood's Avatar Shaded Dogfood 03:06 PM 04-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post

The movie I'm looking for IS very well known and respected. A classic that has received numerous accolades..
The Lost Weekend?

8mile13's Avatar 8mile13 05:20 PM 04-01-2014
^^Tha Last Samurai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post

Name this movie:


Are you shure that this is a movie? There is a lot of SOE (Soap Opera Effect) going on in that pick, so it looks more like a theatrical recording to me. What is the name of that ''movie''?
Kilgore's Avatar Kilgore 10:38 PM 04-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

The Lost Weekend?

Correct!
Kilgore's Avatar Kilgore 10:39 PM 04-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post

^^Tha Last Samurai?
Are you shure that this is a movie? There is a lot of SOE (Soap Opera Effect) going on in that pick, so it looks more like a theatrical recording to me. What is the name of that ''movie''?

That was a screen capture I took using VLC player from the "Lost Weekend" DVD.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 09:06 AM 04-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

-Bill

Still available:

Lavc55.39.101
Lavc55.39.101
Lavc55.39.101

-Bill
Kilgore's Avatar Kilgore 09:47 AM 04-03-2014
Samurai Trilogy.

Had to look this one up. Thought I recognized Mifune, but couldn't place the film.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 09:50 AM 04-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post

Samurai Trilogy.

Had to look this one up. Thought I recognized Mifune, but couldn't place the film.

Name that movie.

-Bill
laugsbach's Avatar laugsbach 10:31 AM 04-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie.

-Bill

Pure guess...smile.gif

Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple
Kilgore's Avatar Kilgore 10:32 AM 04-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie.

-Bill

Duh. Clarification.

Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple
Kilgore's Avatar Kilgore 10:33 AM 04-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post

Pure guess...smile.gif

Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

Beat me by one minute!
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 11:29 AM 04-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post

Pure guess...smile.gif

Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple

That's the one! Review of the trilogy here: Samurai Trilogy

-Bill
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 07:06 AM 04-04-2014
Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ms. 45 (1981)

-Bill
Phlegm Hankie's Avatar Phlegm Hankie 06:25 PM 04-05-2014
Iron Man
Shaded Dogfood's Avatar Shaded Dogfood 06:53 PM 04-05-2014
Jennifer's Body?
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 07:28 PM 04-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegm Hankie View Post

Iron Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Jennifer's Body?

Negatory.

-Bill
trans_lux's Avatar trans_lux 11:09 PM 04-05-2014
Its Zoë Lund-I recognize her from the original and only Harvey Keitel's Bad Lieutenant
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0526259/
Assuming Ms. 45?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082776/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_10
Never have see it downloading now....
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 06:58 AM 04-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post

Its Zoë Lund-I recognize her from the original and only Harvey Keitel's Bad Lieutenant
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0526259/
Assuming Ms. 45?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082776/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_10
Never have see it downloading now....

Zoe Tamerlis Lund bringing an electric iron down on rapist #2. Whose problems will all be over, presuming he wasn't planning on traditional funeral services.

I reviewed this a while ago: Ms. 45 (1981). The thumbnails are from the PAL DVD.

Unexpectedly, it is now on a rather good Blu-ray, and we have a thread for it: Ms. 45 (1981) - March 25, 2014. I just posted some larger thumbnails there.

-Bill
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 08:30 AM 04-07-2014
Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
About Time

-Bill
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 08:50 AM 04-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

-Bill

That looks like About Time.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 10:55 AM 04-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

That looks like About Time.

Last year's time travel romance.

Why is that man so happy?

Lavc55.39.101



-Bill
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 11:49 AM 04-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Last year's time travel romance.

Why is that man so happy?

hehe...A fine movie too smile.gif with the always enjoyable Bill Nighy.
robnix's Avatar robnix 10:51 AM 04-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

hehe...A fine movie too smile.gif with the always enjoyable Bill Nighy.

#2 on the "it's ok to cry at the end" list.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 11:19 AM 04-08-2014
Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Deep Rising

-Bill
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 11:59 AM 04-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

-Bill

That's Famke Janssen in Deep Rising - she was probably the only reason to watch it... wink.gif
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 12:08 PM 04-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

That's Famke Janssen in Deep Rising - she was probably the only reason to watch it... wink.gif

You know your creature features. There were two other similar films that year: undersea horror/action. This one is on Blu-ray; Leviathan is due later this year, and then all we need is Deep Star Six.

Well, we don't need them but, you know... creature feature...

Lavc55.39.101
Lavc55.39.101

-Bill
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 04:51 AM 04-09-2014
Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Videodrome (1983)

-Bill
Kilgore's Avatar Kilgore 09:38 AM 04-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

-Bill

Videodrome. I love the Criterion Blu-ray.
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 11:43 AM 04-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post

Videodrome. I love the Criterion Blu-ray.

Correct! Review: Videodrome (1983)

Death to Videodrome! Long live the...

Lavc55.39.101

-Bill
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 09:00 PM 04-10-2014
For the night shift. Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

Answer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Outlander

-Bill
wmcclain's Avatar wmcclain 08:09 PM 04-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

For the night shift. Name that movie:

Lavc55.39.101

-Bill

Still available:

Lavc55.39.101

-Bill
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop