Originally Posted by 73shark
Please point to which of Gary's points that aren't happening now.
1)Unrest in the Middle East, causing the cost of oil to be ruinously high.
2) Serious double-digit unemployment.
3) Rapid inflation of the dollar currency.
4) The flight of manufacturing jobs offshore.
5) A sickly auto industry, not viable without government sponsorship.
6) Banks that refuse to make loans.
7) A corrupt major political party determined to redistribute wealth from those that earned it to those that refuse to work.
8) A positive cabal composed of corrupt politicians, labor leaders, scientists, educators, and industrialists.
9) The exploitation of oil shale to replace conventional oil wells.
With the exception of #4 (un-American), all happened in the 1970’s. And Capitalism survived. Which is what this whole hoopla is about - the fear of Communism, Socialism, or Marxism taking over America. I call paranoid BS. Which explains my previous analogy.
All listed above are obvious, but to refresh the memory on a few...
5) Chrysler Corporation Loan Guarantee Act of 1979. In 1983, Chrysler paid off the loans that had been guaranteed by US taxpayers. The Treasury was also $350 million richer.
7) This is the mantra every time a Dem becomes President. Simply put: A certain segment loses their ability to think for themselves. IOW – lemmings.
9) Aggressive worldwide shale oil production began in the 1930’s and peaked in the 1970’s. It is on the rise once again.
Capitalism will survive; get over it. If you don’t believe it will then you don’t believe in the Constitution and the will of the American people.
Gary had his say and so have I. Lets stick to the movie.