Why no Mickey Mouse movie? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I mean seriously? This is a huge franchise and has a ton of pull for anyone over 30. I just dont understand why they are letting this amazing franchise (along with Donald, Goofy, ect) just get a slow death. Pretty soon kids won't even know who Mickey is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
There is a Mickey Mouse film in development, with Goofy and Donald costarring. It hasn't gotten the green light yet (animation green lights are tougher than live action), but it is being kicked around.

As for kids not knowing who Mickey Mouse is, considering he's been in several TV shows since 1999, with his current show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse being on the air since 2006, I seriously doubt that. He's also had several direct-to-video features in the last decade. Mickey isn't going anywhere.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #3 of 6 Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

As for kids not knowing who Mickey Mouse is, considering he's been in several TV shows since 1999, with his current show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse being on the air since 2006, I seriously doubt that. He's also had several direct-to-video features in the last decade.

+1

With a 3 y.o. in the house, the Disney channel is the goto station when we want to be assured of kid safe programming. My son loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and it's well known with all the other parents as well. I don't think we have to worry about Mickey's fate anytime soon.

As far as a feature length movie goes, while I liked MM as a child, I can't see myself going to a feature length MM movie (I might take my son if he wanted to go). It certainly wouldn't have the appeal to me that something like Transformers or Marvel's properties do.

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

The Plains Theater Has Begun
post #4 of 6 Old 10-31-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

With a 3 y.o. in the house, the Disney channel is the goto station when we want to be assured of kid safe programming.

Yeah, I don't know what it is with kids programming lately, but Disney seems to be the only one with programming appropriate for the preschool/early gradeschool set. The others air stuff that seems to skew towards middle school.

I know kids are more sophisticated these days, but there's a difference between that and stuff that you wouldn't be showing a 2-8 year old.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #5 of 6 Old 10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 207
You're absolutely right!

I take issue with the commercials some stations play as well. Even if you find something "safe" on some of the other channels, you still have to be on the lookout for a commercial for "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" or something. It's just easier to set it on Disney and not worry. Kids grow up soon enough. I don't see any point in making it happen any sooner than necessary.

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

The Plains Theater Has Begun
post #6 of 6 Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Personally, I don't think they can find a voice. All of the recent MM features, straight to videos, whatever, I've never liked the voice. I think the same goes for Bugs Bunny. Why don't they make new Bugs Bunny catoons? They TRIED, but again, I don't think any of the voices worked. And I know they even tried to use Mel Blanc, Jr. They can write a story and animate it, but I don't think they can capture the CHARACTER.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page