Tron:Legacy 3D Blu-Ray grain issues! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-12-2012, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently ordered from amazon the 4 disc Tron:Legacy blu-ray set (comes with Blu-ray 3D, blu-ray 2D, DVD, and digital copy) and was pretty excited to enjoy the picture and sound quality of both the 3D and 2D blu-rays. However I was pretty disappointed to see a lot of grain on the 3D and 2D discs, the 3D version has a lot of grain which is more evident on the starting 2D scenes. First I thought this may have been an issue of the 3D disc, however when I popped in the 2D disc I got the same grainy image, it almost looks as the intended grain that you see on the Sucker Punch blu-ray. Then I thought it was my HT setup (47 inch Samsung ES7500 and Samsung Blu-Ray BD-E5500), so I popped in both discs on my PC and I saw the same problems, then I started doing some research on the net and found some interesting results (see the reference links I've posted below).

There seems to be some people who have experienced this issue, however when they ask about the grain problem on forums most of the replies mention they are not experiencing the problem and mention the cause could be due to faulty equipment (TV, blu ray) or incorrect video settings (filters and other video processing turned on, etc). What makes this thing more confusing is that there's just like one or two blu-ray reviews that mention there is intended grain whereas others don't (AVS review doesn't mention it).

I just want to know if grain is intended to be there or if I got a disc set with a bad transfer? Anyone kind to help/share their experience with this blu-ray?

Reference Threads:

1) Some with grain and others without it

2) Another one with grain

Blu-Ray Reviews:

1) Grain mentioned as barely noticeable

2) Grain mentioned as intrusive but also present on the theatrical presentation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
You will probably have a better chance of getting this answered if you ask it in the Blu-ray software section of this forum.

Good luck
post #3 of 3 Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks Kevin, I've re-posted on the Blu-ray software section of this forum. See re-post here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438959/tron-legacy-3d-blu-ray-grain-issues
Closed Thread Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page