Movie databases? What about when you have both dvd's and Blu Ray and you're switching over? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

That doesn't work, at least in the IOS version.
That's strange, it works fine on Windows. Is it the only field that doesn't accept a new value ?

I think you should report this bug:

http://www.coollector.com/viewforum.php?f=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by prades View Post

That's strange, it works fine on Windows. Is it the only field that doesn't accept a new value ?

I think you should report this bug:

http://www.coollector.com/viewforum.php?f=2

It is the only field that you can't change . I'll report it, thanks....

Bobby 

post #33 of 40 Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
cpc
AVS Club Gold

I think what would ultimately useful would be the ability to distinguish between various releases for movies, mostly blu-ray. For instance, so you know which specific blu-ray release you have and are able to compare it to other releases, including your wish list.
post #34 of 40 Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post

compare it to other releases, including your wish list.
Personally I have no use for that feature, but did you find a program that can do it ?
post #35 of 40 Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Personally I have no use for that feature, but did you find a program that can do it ?

Not so far. I think you just have to take list and do that work yourself with websites like bluray.com, dvd compare and dvd beaver. Quite frankly, I still find that in order to get the last word, you have to ask questions. I don't know how many times I see a movie or film released several times and you still can't tell all the differences and/or which is the best release. Amazon and eBay etc are useless because they never describe the contents of the release. Ultimately you have to research yourself because the above websites aren't always correct or simply aren't up to date. The best method is to research on those websites and also ask on the forums. Unfortunately, bluray.com reviews a release, but when you search a movie, you see there are different versions for the same region, for different regions etc and bluray.com doesn't give you the heads up as to what the differences are for the north american releases they are reviewing and/or how they differ compared to other region releases. Again, you still have to research and ask questions. Asking on bluray.com has worked for me so far. If you ask a question, odds are, somebody, if not a few people will know the answer.
post #36 of 40 Old 01-24-2013, 12:51 PM

From what I understand, it looks like the data that you want simply doesn't exist. It'd be a dream if it existed, but unfortunately it doesn't.
post #37 of 40 Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

From what I understand, it looks like the data that you want simply doesn't exist. It'd be a dream if it existed, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Yep. Still, with the use of a database, you can make your own subdatabase where you get the info from the database and the other websites.
post #38 of 40 Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:

Yep. Still, with the use of a database, you can make your own subdatabase where you get the info from the database and the other websites.
I agree, but what I wanted to say is that the level of details that you wish for isn't available in any database out there. I think DVD Profiler has the more accurate DVD information, but that's still not enough for what you described.
post #39 of 40 Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:

Not so far. I think you just have to take list and do that work yourself with websites like bluray.com, dvd compare and dvd beaver. Quite frankly, I still find that in order to get the last word, you have to ask questions. I don't know how many times I see a movie or film released several times and you still can't tell all the differences and/or which is the best release. Amazon and eBay etc are useless because they never describe the contents of the release. Ultimately you have to research yourself because the above websites aren't always correct or simply aren't up to date. The best method is to research on those websites and also ask on the forums. Unfortunately, bluray.com reviews a release, but when you search a movie, you see there are different versions for the same region, for different regions etc and bluray.com doesn't give you the heads up as to what the differences are for the north american releases they are reviewing and/or how they differ compared to other region releases. Again, you still have to research and ask questions. Asking on bluray.com has worked for me so far. If you ask a question, odds are, somebody, if not a few people will know the answer.

You didn't mention the Cinema Squid database which is another valuable resource.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #40 of 40 Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 AM

I've tried several collection management applications, and DVD Profiler is the only one with an adequate database. I want to catalog the EXACT version of the DVD/Blu-rays that I own, and DVD Profiler's database is the only one that comes close. Especially with the 600+ OOP and rare imports that I have and love. When you start collecting imports, you quickly realize there can be an astounding number of releases all with wildly varying degrees of quality (audio, video, subtitles, cut/uncut, packaging, special features, etc), and certain versions become highly sought-after or rare. As a collector, this is very important to me.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page