The METAL-HEADS thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1801 of 1802 Unread Yesterday, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1691 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Originally Posted by SmittyJS View Post
I'm assuming this is the Live at Budokhan blu-ray? Amazon has it for $12. I've watched DT on Palladia, and I've always liked them, but their songs don't tend to hold my interest for a whole DVD. But if it's cheap enough it may be worth picking up. I'm not much on sitting down for two hours and watching concerts - or movies for that matter. I always seem to have a long To Do list calling me. My only concert blu-rays are Rush's R30, which I can watch over and over, Styx's Grand Illusion/Pieces of Eight and The Big 4, of which I usually only watch Slayer and Megadeth. And I have Rush's R40 in my Amazon basket right now. Been hoping it would fall from $20. Yeah, I'm cheap. I haven't seen any other metal blu-rays I'm interested in except maybe Testament and Kreator. Certainly none from the more obscure bands I listen to.
Yes Live at Budokan. Worth a buy at 12 bucks for sure. I don't often watch concert disks from beginning to end either.

Rush fan huh? I missed that. I've seen a few of their concerts including R30 on the Palladia channel and all are outstanding. Love their 70's and early 80's albums.

Have you seen Through The Never? By far the best sounding/looking concert blu ray I've seen. The story isn't great but it's interesting and certainly not cheesy and doesn't seem to take away from watching the concert. It's the only 2:35:1 concert that I know of so it looks amazing on a big screen. Disk is worth it for the live performance alone (no fans, just bad playing on stage) of Orion during the closing credits. 7.1 sound of my all time favorite song - nice.

Sponsored Links
post #1802 of 1802 Unread Today, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 8487
Hello @carp , did you watch the documentary called "Metal Evolution"?
Sponsored Links
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion