The METAL-HEADS thread - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 471Likes

post #2341 of 2347 Old 03-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 261
(Very professional female-fronted symphonic power metal)

(Aggressive death/thrash)

(One-man band, heavy death/groove; better SQ on Bandcamp; $1 (or more))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2347 Old 03-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

post #2343 of 2347 Old 03-21-2017, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 459 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2605 Post(s)
Liked: 1866
Doom/gothic.... sort of. Also reminds me of southern metal (not sure that's a thing but that's how I think of it) like they were influenced by COC or Down on some of the songs. Listening to the whole album. Some songs are stinkers but some do it for me.

post #2344 of 2347 Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 115
SmittyJS likes this.

Klipsch RF-82II, RC-62II
2x Dayton Ultimax 12, Behringer iNUKE3000DSP
Denon 2113ci
New Theater Under Construction
post #2345 of 2347 Old 03-24-2017, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Help me! I can't stop buying Bandcamp albums. Bandcamp is a bottomless pit of cheap music.

(Death metal)

SQ is just OK, and vocals might be a little monotonous, but catchy, groovy rhythms.

(Progressive thrash/metalcore/death)

Complex and unique stuff. Lots of variety. These guys are very tight. This song sounds like a metal Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

carp likes this.
post #2346 of 2347 Old 03-24-2017, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance466 View Post
Just now finding this thread which is a bit serendipitous since I don't listen to much metal anymore (mainly alternative stuff now) but I'm knee deep in the latest Gojira release "Magma" which I can't recommend enough.

My all-time favorite band is, by far, TooL. I've been fortunate enough to see them 23 times in 11 different states with the Lateralus CD-release show at the Tabernacle in Atlanta being the crown jewel. My favorite track by them would by Stinkfist but their best track is Lateralus - the final couple of minutes of which is the pinnacle of music as far as I'm concerned. For others that like TooL and need a fix until the new album drops (2017 doesn't look likely now, but it is definitely coming as I know for a fact they are actively writing in the loft) you might find Australia's "Karnivool" of interest as well as a band I stumbled across called "Soen." Clear Tool influence in both with Karnivool being a legit progressive metal act and Soen more of a Tool-ripoff (I mean that in the nicest way possible!).

Spiral out...

Keep going...

11 shows in 3 states since '95 for me. I lived in Aurora, CO for a couple years, right when Lateralus came out so I missed the cd release show dammit. The other 35+ years I've lived in atlanta, go figure.
I'm sure they're working on the new album, but I quit holding my breath years ago. It'll happen when it happens.
I was happy to hear APC is touring again (got my tix for 5/2) and may be putting out new stuff. I thought Thirteenth Step was fantastic as well as some of their covers, especially When the Levee Breaks.
Wanted to say thanks for the heads up on Karnivool, been making my way through their albums and like the older stuff better so far. I think Cote is my favorite followed by Synops, great groove to those. Will keep at it and will check out Soen too. Thanks again!

Sent using Tapatalk cuz the mobile version is still
post #2347 of 2347 Old Today, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 459 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2605 Post(s)
Liked: 1866
[QUOTE=SmittyJS;51757569]Help me! I can't stop buying Bandcamp albums. Bandcamp is a bottomless pit of cheap music.

(Death metal)

SQ is just OK, and vocals might be a little monotonous, but catchy, groovy rhythms.

This album is sounding great (both SQ and songs themselves) on google play. The vocals are the weak point but it doesn't bother me much. The guitars are great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion