Celeste and Jesse Forever - A Loved Story - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 118
This was pretty good! If you like rom-coms with less peaches & cream give it a shot (The Last Kiss, 500 Days of Summer, etc). Rashida Jones was excellent, cool soundtrack & some nice photography too.

Celeste (Rashida Jones) and Jesse (Andy Samberg) met in high school, married young and are growing apart. Now thirty, Celeste is the driven owner of her own media consulting firm, Jesse is once again unemployed and in no particular rush to do anything with his life. Celeste is convinced that divorcing Jesse is the right thing to do -- she is on her way up, he is on his way nowhere, and if they do it now instead of later, they can remain supportive friends. Jesse passively accepts this transition into friendship, even though he is still in love with her. As the reality of their separation sets in, Celeste slowly and painfully realizes she has been cavalier about their relationship, and her decision, which once seemed mature and progressive, now seems impulsive and selfish. But her timing with Jesse is less than fortuitous. While navigating the turbulent changes in their lives and in their hearts, these two learn that in order to truly love someone, you may have to let them go.

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-09-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I'll definitely check it out. I'm a big romcom fan, and I like Rashida as well. The Last Kiss is a favorite of mine as well, BTW.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

post #3 of 9 Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
In my queue....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #4 of 9 Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 273
The BD arrived today. Will watch it tonight.

A squirrel has been eating my tomatoes, so I took my AK-47 and shot him with an armor-piercing bullet. Unfortunately, it also went through my neighbor's car and his neighbors SUV before being stopped by a propane truck filling a tank. Most of the neighborhood is now gone, but that squirrel will no longer be eating my tomatoes.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 273
It was okay, but more than anything I was disappointed. After watching the trailer earlier in the week, I thought it looked great so I moved it to the top of my queue.

They never gave a hint as to why they were getting a divorce. But why should they divorce, they got along great. Still, I never felt a strong connection between the two, just good buddies. Even with his new love I didn’t sense a strong connection there, either. Maybe that is why I felt nothing for the characters, and if it’s a love story I have to feel something for the characters. Rashida is cute (Peggy and Quincy done good), but even she wasn’t enough to win me over. I want a love story to tug at my heart, at least a little bit, but this didn’t do anything. YMMV.

A squirrel has been eating my tomatoes, so I took my AK-47 and shot him with an armor-piercing bullet. Unfortunately, it also went through my neighbor's car and his neighbors SUV before being stopped by a propane truck filling a tank. Most of the neighborhood is now gone, but that squirrel will no longer be eating my tomatoes.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

They never gave a hint as to why they were getting a divorce. But why should they divorce, they got along great. Still, I never felt a strong connection between the two, just good buddies. Even with his new love I didn’t sense a strong connection there, either. Maybe that is why I felt nothing for the characters, and if it’s a love story I have to feel something for the characters. Rashida is cute (Peggy and Quincy done good), but even she wasn’t enough to win me over. I want a love story to tug at my heart, at least a little bit, but this didn’t do anything. YMMV.
Dumping from my queue....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #7 of 9 Old 04-30-2013, 11:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I just watched it and really enjoyed it a lot. I can't get Alien's complaints at all really. It has lots of emotion, and some very nice comedy though it's quite constrained. It's nice to see a romantic comedy that isn't another paint by numbers story. It's an interesting variation on it, where it ultimately doesn't work out, at least not between the two main characters.

Dean Roddey

www.charmedquark.com

post #8 of 9 Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did anyone else give this one a try? I think it's well worth it.

Dean Roddey

www.charmedquark.com

post #9 of 9 Old 05-13-2013, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post

Did anyone else give this one a try? I think it's well worth it.

I saw it and found it to be a more realistic view of relationships than, say, "(500) Days of Summer." Definitely worth the watch.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page