The Call - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Halle Berry is great with her new Whitney Houston hairdo smile.gif. The actor that played the psycho did an awesome job. The guys that did the trailers RUINED the movie....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Theres two moments in the film where they tease a citizen rescue of the girl. But since they spoiled it in the previews and trailers, not only do you already know the rescue failed, but you know how the psycho thwarted them! They should've only shown the man at the gas station pulling his razor out. Know wayto hide the demisr of the man that followed them in the car, so dont spoil that at all. But these two moments got the biggest reaction from the audience, but anyone who saw the trailer knew the result.

The fight at the end was a great ending. Earned almost 7 million on opening day, so its looking to do a little better than the 10M weekend forecasts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-16-2013, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 303
I'm going to see it next week. Trailers looked pretty good, and ever since I saw Nim's Island a few years ago, I thought Abigail Breslin was a talented young actress. Looking forward to it.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Well...Next week turned out to be this afternoon wink.gif I agree about the acting, a first-rate cast for sure, particularly Halle Berry, Abigail Breslin and Michael Eklund. The story, while a bit predictable (except for the great ending as you said), was also very well executed with a very effective pacing that never went down. There were great moments of tension partly due to the excellent performances. I'm glad to see Halle Berry back in good movies! The film is en route for a 17+ million opening, much more than the studio expected cool.gif ...And except for the weird hairdo (sort of), what a gorgeous woman she is! wink.gif
post #4 of 10 Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know if you're familiar with WWE pro wrestling, but they have a movie studio arm that is partly behind this film. The muscular cop is wrestler David Otunga, and it gave me chuckle when he flirted with Halle at the beginning of the movie biggrin.gif
post #5 of 10 Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreHD View Post

I don't know if you're familiar with WWE pro wrestling, but they have a movie studio arm that is partly behind this film. The muscular cop is wrestler David Otunga, and it gave me chuckle when he flirted with Halle at the beginning of the movie biggrin.gif

hehe...well I'm not familiar with the wrestlers but I noticed the logo at the beginning and I did have a little WTF moment tongue.gif
post #6 of 10 Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

If he only knew who he was he was being so cocky in front of biggrin.gif!
post #7 of 10 Old 06-29-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I watched this streaming on VUDU last night and thought it was generally well done. Suspenseful story and and it seemed to depict the job of the 911 crisis center in a fairly straight forward manner. The acting was first-rate especially Abigail Breslin. However the ending diverged from what seemed like a realistically told story into fantasy land. Almost ruined the story that had come before. It's worth a rental.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #8 of 10 Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Well, Halle can be "wooden" at times. She's barely animated here, IMO. Entertaining at best; nothing really new to see. Rent first..

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #9 of 10 Old 07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
My wife blind picked this from a Red Box yesterday (she did correctly pick the BR version smile.gif). I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but despite it's predictability and general cheesiness, I found it to be surprisingly entertaining. The whole thing was well done and acted, good pacing and tension and whatnot. Many cheap scares/thrills and a lot of dumb stuff. The ending was outstanding, loved the twist at the end - the only non-predictable part. This is not a "good" movie per se but I enjoyed it.

jeff
post #10 of 10 Old 09-24-2013, 08:41 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Finally got around watching this tonight, wasn't too bad though the ending could of been better. Once is enough for me.

Frank

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page