Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
His last review:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130406/REVIEWS/130409984

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I kinda have a RE story.

The local affiliates here are all small town hucksters that I could go on about forever. The ABC affiliate had whatever version of Siskel & Ebert was showing at the time - I watched for Ebert, never really like Siskel.

It came on at a reasonable time for awhile, something like late Sunday evening. Then they put it on early Sunday morning, and I had to record it. Then they started moving it by half an hour or so, without notice, and I would miss it. So I started recording a zone of time. Then I would miss it again and realized it wasn't even airing (even though it was listed.) This bs went on for months.

At some point I got fed up. I tried multiple times to call the station and got no human. Finally got a human who seemed to either take pity on me, or had a grudge against the station and told me that their view was that as long as they paid the money, they didn't actually have to air the show. She sort of let me know this without actually spelling out the details.

Buena Vista (Disney) was the syndicator. Disney owns ABC so I figured I had some leverage. I've been a small investor in the stock market for decades and have a "stock book" that lists details of various companies (the time frame here is pre-internet.) Looked up Disney's number, called them, and amazingly a human answered on the second ring. Told them I had a complaint about an ABC affiliate. They transferred me and again it was quickly answered. Told them my story. The lady seemed very interested and wanted my contact info in case their "legal department" needed further info. She was upset somewhat and said NO, they have to air it.

From the next Sunday until it went away, the show aired at the proper time.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #33 of 35 Old 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Some uncensored Siskel and Ebert outtakes:
post #34 of 35 Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

I kinda have a RE story.

The local affiliates here are all small town hucksters that I could go on about forever. The ABC affiliate had whatever version of Siskel & Ebert was showing at the time.

It came on at a reasonable time for awhile, something like late Sunday evening. Then they put it on early Sunday morning, and I had to record it. Then they started moving it by half an hour or so, without notice, and I would miss it. So I started recording a zone of time. Then I would miss it again and realized it wasn't even airing (even though it was listed.) This bs went on for months.
You must be talking about western Oregon...same damn thing happened here.rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

Some uncensored Siskel and Ebert outtakes:
Especially like this line "the only religion that uses the Reader's Digest as a prayer book."biggrin.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #35 of 35 Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
That Siskel and Ebert video is PURE GOLD!!

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page