Fast & The Furious 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 54 Old 05-18-2013, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi i just watched this 2nite at my local cinema they have a sony 4k system in alot of the scenes i noticed there was a black line down the centre of the screen in a lot of the scenes
I wonder if anyone else noticed it or if there was a problem with the version my cinema had i liked the movie if you like the other ones you will love this one too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyburns View Post

i liked the movie if you like the other ones you will love this one too

I cant wait to watch this movie.

Frank
post #3 of 54 Old 05-19-2013, 03:40 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyburns View Post

Hi i just watched this 2nite at my local cinema
It's actually harder for me to type "2nite" than it is to do it the correct way. Kudos for having mastered it. Great review, by the way.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #4 of 54 Old 05-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
The black line across the screen was the highlight of the movie. Great review btw
post #5 of 54 Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 48
I'm hopefully seeing this on Saturday. Then Before Midnight on Monday. Maybe Hangover III in between.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
post #6 of 54 Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Screening this tonight... Expectations aren't particularly high. I see the appeal of Fast Five because it felt more like the first film. However, there's some horrendous acting in it that makes me shudder. Still fun though.

David Budo
post #7 of 54 Old 05-23-2013, 03:41 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

Screening this tonight... Expectations aren't particularly high. I see the appeal of Fast Five because it felt more like the first film. However, there's some horrendous acting in it that makes me shudder. Still fun though.

Looking forward in reading your review I actually enjoy the Fast and The Furious movies. They're just enjoyable to watch.

Frank
post #8 of 54 Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 549
I had no intention whatever of seeing Fast and Furious 6 until I saw that a local critic had rather liked it. This caused me to do a little research, including reading this thread and looking at the Rotten Tomatoes site to see what the top critics and viewers had to say. A healthy majority of the critics and 91 percent of the viewers liked it, so I may give Fast and Furious 6 a shot. Apparently it gives new meaning to the words "Loud" and "Dumb," so it should be in my wheelhouse.smile.gif
post #9 of 54 Old 05-24-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Finally saw Tokyo Drift. It doesn't actually fit into the narrative of the films. I guess they are kind of ignoring it. I don't mean what happens to him. I mean that he basically works for a low level thug.

Amazing how so many Japanese in Japan speak English without an accent. tongue.gif

post #10 of 54 Old 05-24-2013, 05:38 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Finally saw Tokyo Drift.
Meaning you actually wanted to watch it, or you were tied down and forced? Either way, I swift kick to the balls from a professional soccer player would most likely be much more enjoyable.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #11 of 54 Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Had no intention on seeing this but some relatives from France wanted to see this so I wasn't going to turn down a free ticket.

Ok 1st thing is my god the PQ on today's cineplex has improved exponentially and the powerful audio went hand in hand..if anything it was so loud and not in the "best" way because it wasn't as spatially well mixed as a Mann Chinese main theater. It felt too coin-centric...so much action it gave one of the teen's a bad head ache he was lights out for hours after. ovie

Now to the movie. This movie is action-action-action and more big ACTION. Justin Lin went out with bang and IMO really raised the bar for the action genre. Seriously, the action team put together some of the most elaborate stunts and dazzle you've ever seen in your life. When you watch this you'll realized films like True Lies and T2 are starting to feel their age and seem "tame" in comparison.

You're just like WOW, intense car races, hand to hand mix martial arts combat, shoot outs, you got tanks and cars smashed on the freeway like a Transformer's film, giant gov airplanes, and I repeat very creative elaborate stunts that will leave you breathless. Super intense, I really don't know how they plan on upping this one.

The trailers shown were all just amazing, Wolverine looks really, really good! Again, raising the bar and kicking it up several notches. This summer just kicked off like the freaking 4th of July and I think its going to be one the best we have in a long time along with Man of Steel.

EDiT: the other good trailers were 2 Guns with Denzel/Walberg and Pacific Rim. These are totally my type of films
post #12 of 54 Old 05-24-2013, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like before the weekend BO #'s are in the studios are fast tracking the 7th one already with get this are you ready....James Wan will be the Dir. That's right the dude who gave us Saw & Insidious. How the heck is he going to equal or top the 6th one which is already phenomenal let alone put together any action sequences. Are they serious with this? is he going to make it a HORROR film and rip their limbs off or something? I hope he has some tricks up his sleeves because this is going to be either a big fantastic or fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

Don't worry you'll like it alright but unfortunately the horrendous acting gets even more horrendous. Let's talk Paul Walker shall we?

This guy is one big lame duck there's no other way to put it. And the sad part is that he's one of the dynamic duo and co-captain going back to the 1st one so even though the franchise gets better and better, we're stuck with this worthless Abercrombie poster boy. God, it's like every scene with him in it is so hard to swallow you can't buy anything he says. His delivery is ridiculously rehearsed and stiff. And for some bad decision reason they decide to prove he's some superman and waste about 10 min of film with Mr Walker beating up 3 hardcore prison mates...yeah ok right that'll happen.

They need to replace him now. I mean look at someone similar like Matt Damon who both share that boy next door wholesomeness but Damon's believability in action and esp fight scenes is like night and day literally.
post #13 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 56
According to Variety, it is speeding towards a $120 million opening weekend. Not too shabby. It is certainly worth seeing at least once. It is a big, over the top, in your face movie with lots of loud audio. Looks and sounds pretty terrific in an AMC ETX theater. Already up for pre-order via Amazon, but there is no release date.
post #14 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010 View Post

According to Variety, it is speeding towards a $120 million opening weekend.

Now I'm depressed.

post #15 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010 View Post

According to Variety, it is speeding towards a $120 million opening weekend. Not too shabby. It is certainly worth seeing at least once. It is a big, over the top, in your face movie with lots of loud audio. Looks and sounds pretty terrific in an AMC ETX theater. Already up for pre-order via Amazon, but there is no release date.

I will certainly give this a rent on blu when it hits since I enjoyed the others for some pure brainless escapism. Fun movies when the mood strikes even if the cheese/macho factor is at 15 on a 10 point scale. These movies work better if you eat a steak while you watch them. tongue.gif

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #16 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well, it was fun, I guess. I loved FAST 5. It was breezy, fun, energetic and during the finale, a massive blast.

This one is bogged down by seriousness. But the seriousness is betrayed by things like the violation of the laws of motion and physics... You know... logic. rolleyes.gif

Oh yes... It has the longest runway on the planet.

And yeah, it is a BIG film so it's best scene in a theater. But I cannot help but feel disappointed.

post #17 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Well, it was fun, I guess. I loved FAST 5. It was breezy, fun, energetic and during the finale, a massive blast.

This one is bogged down by seriousness. But the seriousness is betrayed by things like the violation of the laws of motion and physics... You know... logic. rolleyes.gif

And yeah, it is a BIG film so it's best scene in a theater. But I cannot help but feel disappointed.

I saw Fast and Furious 6 this afternoon but am a bit more sanguine about the experience than you were. The film is biblically stupid and populated by a beefcake cast that couldn't act its way out of a paper bag. Still, it provided nonstop excitement and PQ and AQ that were both world class. By the way, I agree with you about the runway. When I saw the scene you alluded to, I thought it had to be 50 miles long.smile.gif All in all, I thought the film provided a pleasant way to spend an afternoon, if not much more than that. 7 Stars out of 10
post #18 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I should add to my last post that the theater I saw Fast and Furious 6 in was about 95 percent full.
post #19 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Now I'm depressed.
As am I...

Robert Clark
post #20 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I will certainly give this a rent on blu when it hits since I enjoyed the others for some pure brainless escapism. Fun movies when the mood strikes even if the cheese/macho factor is at 15 on a 10 point scale. These movies work better if you eat a steak while you watch them. tongue.gif
A steak & Stein oh yeah...
post #21 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

A steak & Stein oh yeah...

Yes!!! Nice. cool.gif

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #22 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 08:54 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Ill be watching it on Blu ray also, I think they're great films fun action, fantastic audio, awesome cars and we cant forget girls with shorts right up there butt dancing. Im not complaining. smile.gif

Frank
post #23 of 54 Old 05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I kept thinking (as a writer) how did the screenwriter not come up with the idea that "We are out of runway! We gotta turn around!" ?????? Wouldn't that ad more drama to the proceeding and at least give a slight amount of realism to the runway length? A giant transport turning around would have been visually exciting.

And no plane on earth can take off twenty feet into the air and maintain that height. Yet this aircraft did just that for about 4 miles or more. Ludicrous.

CGI has helped ruined the action film. You can basically violate all laws of physics and gravity with CGI and that has removed any sense of danger. I felt a sense of danger with FAST 5. So despite it's goofiness and playful attitude, there was a sense that yeah, you can get killed. Not here. How ironic considering the ending.

post #24 of 54 Old 05-26-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Finally saw Tokyo Drift. It doesn't actually fit into the narrative of the films. I guess they are kind of ignoring it.

From what I read they will make a movie that will tie everything together. It will still feel out of place since the events in TD supposedly happens after 4-6; especially with all the
older model cars that it contains. If they had left Sung Kang out of the movies after TD they wouldn't of had this problem or at least given him a different character. He's been
playing the same character since Justin's first movie, Better Luck Tomorrow.
post #25 of 54 Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

CGI has helped ruined the action film. You can basically violate all laws of physics and gravity with CGI and that has removed any sense of danger. I felt a sense of danger with FAST 5. So despite it's goofiness and playful attitude, there was a sense that yeah, you can get killed. Not here. How ironic considering the ending.

I agree. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
With the many miraculous rescues, including Toretto's catching Letty in mid air and breaking their fall on the windshield of a convenient passing car, I thought the later death of Gisele was a jarring change of tone.
post #26 of 54 Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 178
Quote:

Yes, the runway is exactly 1/4 mile like all the races in the previous movies.
post #27 of 54 Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 PM

Liked: 13
Unofficial Theme song for the Fast & The Furious Franchise

Judas Priest's "Freewheel Burning":

Cable Choice is the only choice I want to make !!
post #28 of 54 Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 126
A little late, but here's my review of the film:

Fast and Furious 6: Action packed escapism

The Fast and the Furious franchise has taken a cinematic roller coaster ride ever since the first film ignited a young generation’s desire into becoming reckless speed demons. Unfortunately, the three sequels to follow fell deep into the recesses of inexcusably cheesy blockbusters, earning just enough money to warrant a fifth try. Luckily for fans, Fast Five delivered the kind of adrenaline rush from which the first installment flourished pumping new life into the franchise. With Fast and Furious 6, they’ve taken the mayhem to a whole new and somewhat successful level.

In the sixth film, Hobb (Dwayne Johnson) uses Toretto and his misfit gang to track down a powerful crime lord as well as Toretto’s long lost love, Letty.

Let’s get the bad stuff out of the way. The acting in this movie is awful! Paul Walker should be eternally grateful that he has been attached to this franchise because the man has the acting skills and screen presence of driftwood. The rest of the cast under the influence of returning director, Justin Lin, are not much better.

Now that we’ve dealt with that…

The ballistic action in this film is titillating! There is street racing, gun fights, brawls, a tank chase, plane chases, and more. Sure, most of it makes little logical sense, but nevertheless it is constantly entertaining. Justin Lin makes up for his inability to draw a decent performance out of his cast by making our hearts pound with every action sequence.

Be sure you stay during the credits for a shocking sneak peek into the seventh and perhaps final film of this nitrous injected franchise.

Bottom Line: If you liked Fast Five, you’ll love Fast and Furious 6!

Grade B-

Runtime: 130 minutes

IMAX: Yes (digital only)

3D: No

David Budo
post #29 of 54 Old 05-27-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

As noted in an earlier post, I rather enjoyed Fast & Furious 6. Consequently, when some of you posted that you liked Fast & Furious 5 (Fast Five) even more, I looked for it on cable. Lo and behold, Cinemax is carrying it this week so I have set it up to record on Wednesday evening. Looking forward to seeing it.
post #30 of 54 Old 05-27-2013, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I take it was just my version that had the black line i was expecting this to be in 4k for a big buget movie like this
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page