Bob Dylan coming to Duluth, MN - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-05-2013, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Ok Bob is coming back to his 'hometown' to play an outdoor show this summer.

I'm not a huge Bob Dylan fan, in fact I don't own any of his material and am struggling on whether or not to go.

I was a teenager in the 80's and heavy metal and rock 'n roll was always my first choice of music. But I also listen to a lot of blues and singer / song writer music. It's just that Bob Dylan was about 10 years before my time and I've never taken the time to go back and really dive into his catalog.

I'm really on the fence on this one because tickets are $68 a pop. But I also feel like hey, it Bob Dylan and everyone should see him at least once.

It's at Duluth Bayfront park. I suppose I could just go sit in the boat and kind of listen to it for free.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I guess you've heard all about him, but Bob Dylan is one of the most important musicians of all time. You can start with his first album and possibly discover hours of music to enjoy. He is still a tremendous live act as well. But you might as well listen to his albums first and wait for the next visit, since you are this late to check him out. Personally I'm not crazy about catching a live performance without knowing any song by the act. However, he changes his songs so much when he performs live, so it may not matter.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-14-2013, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'd go see Dylan if the tickets are only $68. The guy is getting on in years and he really is a living legend. It'd be a great experience, but if you don't like his stuff then leave the ticket open for someone else who actually wants to see the concert.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-14-2013, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I have seen Bob Dylan twice. One show was great, the other show was a complete waste of time. It all depends on what Bob shows up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-15-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Saw him once in the early 90s. Complete waste of time. Spent the whole time looking at my girlfriend and her friends with everyone trying to figure out what song they were playing. Due to the poor acoustics of the venue, bad mixing, and Bob & Co. phoning it in, every song sounded exactly like all the others. Hope he has straightened that out.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page