Willow Creek - A horror comedy (?!) from Bobcat Goldthwait - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 07-30-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Since we've got a few BC fans I figured there might be interest. A found footage Bigfoot movie?!!! confused.gifeek.gif Early reviews say it's funny and the horror elements really work because you get attached to the characters. Wasn't expecting him to tackle this genre but it's on the must-see list. I can't even find a website to link but it's hitting the festival circuits now.

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-30-2013, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Eh, it seems a bit on the Blair Witch side to me, which could be its downfall. I'll probably end up checking it out though just out of curiosity. Thanks for sharing, there's not a whole lot on the Big Foot market.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Don't show this trailer to General Kenobi....he takes guns when he camps.biggrin.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #4 of 15 Old 07-30-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalovaku View Post

Eh, it seems a bit on the Blair Witch side to me, which could be its downfall. I'll probably end up checking it out though just out of curiosity. Thanks for sharing, there's not a whole lot on the Big Foot market.

sure thing. people that have seen the movie said the trailer is misleading and makes it look like a bw copycat. hope they're right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Don't show this trailer to General Kenobi....he takes guns when he camps.biggrin.gif

lol! my money's on General.

31 Days of Horror:

post #5 of 15 Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Bobcat Goldthwait Discusses His Found Footage Bigfoot Thriller 'Willow Creek'

I guess the setup is it's supposed to be a documentary - interesting that he says the locals in the movie were told it was a documentary, so they'd be natural, even though they're actually "acting" in a fiction story.

Bob's one of my heroes, love it that he's making movies now.
wizzack likes this.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If this is on the same level as God Bless America, I'll be happy.wink.gif

post #7 of 15 Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 73
It looks like it should be worth a watch as long as things keep moving.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #8 of 15 Old 07-31-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 317
This looks like Blair Witch meets Deliverance, with the “mountain folk” being the closest thing to Bigfoot they find. I really liked BW, but given the setting is the same, which severely limits what you can do differently, its biggest task is to reproduce the continuous tension as BW, and that will be difficult. I’ll see what the feedback is before I rent it.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-31-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 749
I'm in.

Steam: Guts
post #10 of 15 Old 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

If this is on the same level as God Bless America, I'll be happy.wink.gif

I wanted an Escalade!

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #11 of 15 Old 07-31-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

I wanted an Escalade!
LOL.

post #12 of 15 Old 06-09-2014, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

On VOD now.

I thought it was a solid flick. Not a gamechanger but the scary parts were effective. The "unknown" factor works very well here. Very tense! Really liked the main characters too. Thank you Bobcat.

31 Days of Horror:

post #13 of 15 Old 06-12-2014, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 749
I was pretty let down by it considering God Bless America. I'm also pretty down on Found Footage at the moment.

Steam: Guts
post #14 of 15 Old 06-12-2014, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
I was pretty let down by it considering God Bless America. I'm also pretty down on Found Footage at the moment.
Agreed.

post #15 of 15 Old 06-15-2014, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Sleeping Dogs Lie, Worlds' Greatest Dad, God Bless America...Goldthwait has earned my trust.

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page