Review: Diggers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-24-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Couldn't find a thread, so hopefully I'm not replicating...

This is a mid-2000's indie sort of movie, which I never heard about at the time. It's a fairly standard coming of age in a small town type of movie, and there have been lots of them, but so many of them are good watches because the real life variations on that theme are pretty endless to explore.

It's set in the realm of small scale clam diggers in the 80s, who are facing pollution and encroachment by commercial farming operations who are buying off local governments to get exclusive rights to prime clamming areas. So it has the story elements of a failing industry town and the individual 'farmer' against the conglomerate as well.

There's nothing startling about it and nothing blows up real good. It's just a nice, gentle coming of age story. Anyone looking for action will find it slow, since it's a small town and things really are slow for the most part. But I quite enjoy movies of that sort, that take their time and don't try to over-dramatize what is actually a fairly small scale existence. So, anyhoo, it's not for the ADD crowd.

I enjoyed it quite a bit and if you like this sort of things, then you'd probably enjoy it as well.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page