post #1 of 35 Old 09-26-2013, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Miami Connection.
Quote:
A martial arts rock band goes up against a band of motorcycle ninjas who have tightened their grip on Florida's narcotics trade.
Quote:
The year is 1987.

Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida’s narcotics trade, viciously annihilating anyone who dares move in on their turf. Multi-national martial arts rock band Dragon Sound have had enough, and embark on a roundhouse wreck-wave of crime-crushing justice. When not chasing beach bunnies or performing their hit song “Against the Ninja,” Mark (Tae Kwon Do master/inspirational speaker Y.K. Kim) and the boys are kicking and chopping at the drug world’s smelliest underbelly. It’ll take every ounce of their blood and courage, but Dragon Sound can’t stop until they’ve completely destroyed the dealers, the drunk bikers, the kill-crazy ninjas, the middle-aged thugs, the “stupid cocaine”...and the entire MIAMI CONNECTION!!!

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

This movie was rescued by Alamo Drafthouse and is truly a gem. I'd be wasting time to try to describe it beyond what's posted above. If that isn't enough then it isn't for you and there are plenty of other movies out there. That said, I loved it and need more of this in my life. Not a single moment ever felt like work and seeing that it was written and directed by a guy who'd only seen six movies and mortgaged all his stuff to make it happen really puts it in a class by itself. It has heart for days.
wizzack and pittsoccer33 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 09-26-2013, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Manborg

Quote:
A soldier, brought back to life as a cyborg, fights alongside a band of adventurers against demon hordes in a dystopian future.
Quote:
This movie f*****g blew me out of my seat and made me s**t my pants. From start to finish we are treated to every 70s and 80′s action and sci-fi cliche that made those movies so enjoyable. Astron-6 does not make movies to entertain the masses, however, they make films to entertain themselves and that is evident throughout their entire catalog of films.

The poster art and IMDB synopsis for this are dead on. If you like scifi and action films you owe it to yourselves. If you liked browsing the sun baked VHS boxes on Friday night you owe it to yourselves.
post #3 of 35 Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 276
LOL! this manborg flick looks insane! I'm not 100% sure I want to spend money on it though wink.gif
post #4 of 35 Old 09-27-2013, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Star Slammer
Quote:
Two women who have been unjustly confined to a prison planet plot their escape, all the while having to put up with lesbian guards, crazed wardens and mutant rodents.
Quote:
All the elements of the film come with a tongue-in-cheek silliness – the warden wears V-neck leather bondage costumes and an eyepatch while wielding a whip; the heroine is outfitted in one-piece bodysuits; and the villain comes in black body armour and cape.

Women in prison in space. A slow mover with great chunks of cheese and borrowed effects from other movies. I saw a little person luchador hammer lock a big guy in a Star Wars style hologram show.
post #5 of 35 Old 09-27-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

LOL! this manborg flick looks insane! I'm not 100% sure I want to spend money on it though wink.gif

Totally worth it.
post #6 of 35 Old 10-03-2013, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The Deadly Spawn

Quote:
Alien creatures invade a small town and a group of four teenagers, plus one little boy, try to escape from them.
Quote:
The spawn - who resemble a cross between slugs, piranhas, a newborn alien straight out of John Hurt’s chest and Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors - come in various shapes and sizes which ensures a nice variety to the death scenes.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

This is a great B creature feature from the early 80's and my first time seeing it. Absolutely terrific effects and realistic characters. It's a "Hard R" as well. Plenty of gore. If you're a fan of Critters you'll be right at home here. One particular scene involves a food processor, a deadly spawn, and a vegetarian dinner party. I couldn't help but love the lead hero. He would have fit right into Explorers with a young Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix.
post #7 of 35 Old 10-19-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Chillerama
Quote:
It's the closing night at the last drive-in theater in America and Cecil B. Kaufman has planned the ultimate marathon of lost film prints to unleash upon his faithful cinephile patrons. Four films so rare that they have never been exhibited publicly on American soil until this very night! With titles like Wadzilla, I Was A Teenage Werebear, The Diary of Anne Frankenstein, and Zom-B-Movie, Chillerama not only celebrates the golden age of drive-in B horror shlock but also spans over four decades of cinema with something for every bad taste.
Quote:
Obviously, if you picked up this film, you’re not looking for another life changing or thought provoking.

HO LEE FOOK. An anthology that riffs on classic film styles and is worth a watch by this crowd. In this case the wrap around story is pretty decent and there are two stories worth a look. It's laden with toilet humor, which isn't my thing, but I can see the humor here. It's a tough to give it three "I Like It" stars but I feel some of you will find value. Mutant sperm. Zombie Lorena Bobbitt. A quote from every movie ever. Homosexual Beach Blanket Bingo Werewolf. Hitler. Actual 50's effects but in color. Zombies that sex instead of eat. Please guys, watch at least 30 minutes.
post #8 of 35 Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Robocop 3
Quote:
Robocop saves the day once more. This time the half man/half robot takes on ruthless developers who want to evict some people on "their" land.
Quote:

Possessed with the theory, perhaps, that all sequels can be made better by putting ninjas in them, RoboCop 3’s writers have added in no fewer than three sword-wielding shinobi warriors. OCP’s currently undergoing a merger with a Japanese company called the Kanemitsu Corporation, and it’s logical enough that, just as OCP were creating robot cowboys, the Japanese company makes its own robot ninjas, which look exactly like actor Bruce Locke.

When I saw this back in 93-94 I saw it as the end of the series. I saw it again recently and was kind of in awe at how awesome it is. Back in 93-94 I had no idea who Frank Miller was and didn't care. I was a fan of several of Fred Dekker's films but really couldn't point his name out. Watching it again with a few years of experience on me and I can see it has their fingerprints all over it and you can't ask for a better comic book movie. It's really a western dressed in the now iconic garb of the Detroit cop. Over the top action, humor, and that graphic novel style ooze out of this.
post #9 of 35 Old 12-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 615
I don't know why but it's that jetpack that gets me. Every time. biggrin.gif

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #10 of 35 Old 12-07-2013, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Chillerama doesn't look bad at all. I'll have to check it out.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #11 of 35 Old 12-07-2013, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

Chillerama doesn't look bad at all. I'll have to check it out.

larry

It's bad.
post #12 of 35 Old 12-27-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Kung Fury

MIND=BLOWN. Hopefully he gets enough backers to make this masterpiece.

darthrsg and ProAudioSlave like this.

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #13 of 35 Old 12-27-2013, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #14 of 35 Old 12-27-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 604
The old police car skateboard kick flip shoot it in mid air trick. How many more times do we have to see this?

^ Kidding smile.gif I had the biggest goofy grin for the whole trailer. I hope it comes out.
post #15 of 35 Old 12-27-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Easily, the most important $3.88 I have EVER spent, and at BestBuy too. smile.gif

My Dedicated Home Theater Room
post #16 of 35 Old 12-27-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

The old police car skateboard kick flip shoot it in mid air trick. How many more times do we have to see this?

^ Kidding smile.gif I had the biggest goofy grin for the whole trailer. I hope it comes out.
There for a moment I thought this was a sequel to a great little film called Kung Pow.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #17 of 35 Old 12-27-2013, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Kung Fury

I'm scooping up my own brains right now!

This must be made into a full feature film!

That is all kinds of awesome.
post #18 of 35 Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Kung Fury

This looks awesome. I hope they reach the target for the full length movie to be made.
post #19 of 35 Old 02-11-2014, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Raze
Quote:
Raze, a horror/action film, focuses on two abducted women & 50 other women who are forced to fight each other using their bare hands.
Quote:
This subversion of the WIP (women in prison) flick is one of this year’s most vicious and ass kicking releases. Sure this has what one would expect in a WIP film: beautiful women being held captive by evil wardens and guards, but it eliminates some of the more out right exploitative elements of the sub-genre, like nudity, lesbians, and sex. But, it does feature the violence, and it does so at full force. Make no bones about it; this action-horror movie is a force to be reckoned with.

This is a B+ movie all the way. Zoe Bell is awesome and you have a couple of great cameos. Gritty and raw at times this movie walks a line between horror and action and when it goes where it wants it doesn't disappoint. Plenty of gore and brutality without showing everything. The setup is simple and effective. It's a great mashup of Bloodsport and exploitation women in prison flicks. This isn't a martial arts movie it's a brawler and a damn good one. If you enjoyed Death Proof you'll dig this.
post #20 of 35 Old 02-17-2014, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Knights of Badassdom
Quote:
Live-action role players conjure up a demon from Hell by mistake and they must deal with the consequences.
Quote:
It’s hard to imagine a movie getting closer to the platonic ideal of nerdity than Knights of Badassdom. It’s about live action role-playing (LARPing). It’s got Game of Thrones’ Peter Dinklage, Community’s Dany Pudi, Firefly’s Summer Glau, and a succubus.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

This was decent and worth a watch if you like Tucker and Dale, Pick of Destiny, and Your Highness. Lots of little jokes only wizard van fans and RPG guys will get. The gore was present but weak and amping that up would have made a different movie. It was cool to see this idea realized considering all the satanism that surrounded D&D type stuff in the 70's and 80's. I like the cast and you can't go wrong with a shroom tripping Dinklage and a 12 foot tall demon that isn't CGI.
post #21 of 35 Old 02-22-2014, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Bounty Killer
Quote:
Bounty killers compete for body count, fame and a fat stack of cash. They're ending the plague of corporate greed and providing the survivors of the apocalypse with retribution. This is the age of the BOUNTY KILLER.
Quote:
The film wants to work both as a post-apocalyptic saga in the grand tradition of the "Mad Max" films and as a tongue-in-cheek goof on such things, and never quite succeeds as either.

Bounty Killer is a blend of Tank Girl, Mad Max, and Occupy Wall Street. Not as funny as I hoped for but it has loads of action and quirk. Plenty of eye candy as well with Christian Pitre, Beverly D'Angelo, Eve, and Kristanna Loken. It has shotgun decapitations, trick shot murder, beer AS currency, a handful of great gore kills, a stagecoach pulled by motorcycles, and romance. Pretty fun 90 minutes for action fans who like a rich world and lots of guns. I forgot to mention it has literal "gun caddys" too just like golf except passing the pitching wedge is passing a rocket propelled grenade.
post #22 of 35 Old 02-23-2014, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
It's funny, I was looking up Raze on Amazon (instant video what still in theaters - not straight to video?) and I saw Penny Dreadful with Capt Spaulding and Jeffery Combs from Re-Animator. Anybody see it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8H6A9W/ref=pd_cbs_mov_8

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #23 of 35 Old 02-23-2014, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

It's funny, I was looking up Raze on Amazon (instant video what still in theaters - not straight to video?) and I saw Penny Dreadful with Capt Spaulding and Jeffery Combs from Re-Animator. Anybody see it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8H6A9W/ref=pd_cbs_mov_8

larry

I keep seeing it show up but have yet to see it.
post #24 of 35 Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Of Unknown Origin

Quote:
A man who recently completed rebuilding a townhouse becomes obsessed with a rat infestation until it becomes an interspecies duel.
Quote:
Despite the rather Syfy Channel Original Movie-ish title (and the horrid trailer, more on that later), there’s nothing otherworldly or supernatural about the film; in fact it’s more grounded in reality than any other “monster” movie I’ve ever seen.

A terrific movie by any measure. Great creature feature that's pretty much realistic all the way through. Pre Buckaroo Banzai Peter Weller is a calm cool collected wheeler dealer drawn into a battle of wits with a rat. The two test each other in a tit for tat duel that escalates at every turn. Fans of movies like Cujo will enjoy this.
post #25 of 35 Old 03-15-2014, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Found this little pitstop along the information super highway. Lots of cool magazine ads, box arts, and other promo stuff for cool classic sci fi movies and shows.
http://space1970.blogspot.com/
wizzack likes this.
post #26 of 35 Old 04-12-2014, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The Machine
Quote:
Two artificial intelligence engineers come together as they work to create the first ever self-aware artificial intelligence.
Quote:
Some films just look cool. Caradog James’ future-set cold war tale THE MACHINE is massively so. From an aesthetic standpoint it is slickly designed and beautiful on what’s surely a modest budget. Temperature-wise, it exists in a seeming eternally harsh space of overcast skies, nighttime and enormous, often barely-holding up warehouses and labs.

This is a Blade Runner level B movie and only a B movie due to budget. Beautifully built and shot and never felt like an hour and a half. For me this is up there with Terminator, A.I., and Blade Runner in feel and ideas.
post #27 of 35 Old 04-17-2014, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

No Holds Barred

Quote:
Rip is the World Wrestling Federation champion who is faithful to his fans and the network he wrestles for. Brell, the new head of the World Television Network, wants Rip to wrestle for his network. Rip refuses and goes back to his normal life. Still looking for a way to raise ratings, Brell initiates a show called "The Battle of the Tough Guys", a violent brawling competition. A mysterious man, Zeus, wins the competition. This gets Brell to use him as an angle to get at Rip.
Quote:
“No Holds Barred” is a fuzzy memory for me, yet I can recall an unreasonable feeling of excitement and curiosity about it, not only for its cherished pro-wrestling ties, but also for an implicit promise of PG-13 mayhem instigated by a deeply animated Hulk Hogan.

Terrible movie BUT the fights are good and Zeus looks like the Lou Ferrigno Hulk mid transformation with that unibrow. I'm no Hogan fan but this makes Over The Top look like Rocky.
post #28 of 35 Old 05-16-2014, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Robocop
Quote:
In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy - a loving husband, father and good cop - is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer.
Quote:
"RoboCop" is no canned remake of the 1987 action film. It's a reimagining that responds to everything that has changed in American life over the past 27 years, addressing new threats and exploiting new anxieties. It's not a somber movie, but it's dead serious in its intent, using fantasy to present audiences with a cautionary glimpse of where modern life may be heading.

This is a tough one. Not for deciding if it's a B movie, it is, but for like/hating it. It goes deep into some ideas that are very intriguing regarding man and machine and some socio-political ideas that are pretty real as well as the age old corporate/govt types trying to decide what's best for you. That stuff I liked quite a bit. On the other hand there is nearly zero action that matters and it comes off as an alternate universe Robocop. An alternate universe where there are no more scrotums. It's easily worth a watch but is pretty weak when paired with the original. It could have used more violence plain and simple. The rest was decent. It's as if they were scared to show how street crime had evolved or that it even existed but wanted to show the shiny tech that you just gotta have to save your butt. So you never really understood the need for it to begin with other than more safety and security from a nebulous boogey man.
post #29 of 35 Old 05-19-2014, 07:46 PM

Liked: 10
One to add to the pile: Hard Ticket to Hawaii. I don't have a review of it yet. When I was a kid a friend told me about this movie where a guy throws a frisbee with blades sticking out of it to an unsuspecting enemy he wants to kill (the enemy believing they were involved in a friendly game of frisbee). Just randomly ran across this movie again. Turns out the guy who made it has his entire collection available for a VERY reasonable price (Andy Sidaris, he made 12 movies total). Just ordered it and can't wait to check it out. I'll let this clip speak for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSQAcyrF9M

Here's the collection:

http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Guns-G-Strings-Sidaris-Collection/dp/B004HHX9OQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400553835&sr=8-2&keywords=hard+ticket+to+hawaii
post #30 of 35 Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydq View Post

One to add to the pile: Hard Ticket to Hawaii. I don't have a review of it yet. When I was a kid a friend told me about this movie where a guy throws a frisbee with blades sticking out of it to an unsuspecting enemy he wants to kill (the enemy believing they were involved in a friendly game of frisbee). Just randomly ran across this movie again. Turns out the guy who made it has his entire collection available for a VERY reasonable price (Andy Sidaris, he made 12 movies total). Just ordered it and can't wait to check it out. I'll let this clip speak for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSQAcyrF9M

Here's the collection:

http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Guns-G-Strings-Sidaris-Collection/dp/B004HHX9OQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400553835&sr=8-2&keywords=hard+ticket+to+hawaii

Three things.

1. Can't believe anyone read this thread.
2. That movie looks amazing.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page