Atom Heart Oz - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 45 Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did you know that Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd syncs to Oz The Great And Powerful? I have seen a video of it, and it's suspiciously perfect. I mean it lip syncs, and what are the chances of that being random?

Genius is an insult to my intelligence!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 10-10-2013, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Link?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #3 of 45 Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I can't post a link, because of copyright. I'm sure that Sam Raimi wants you to see it, but I can't post a link to it. You can find it if you try. It's called Atom Heart Oz Director's Cut [Uncle Pythagaros]... spelled wrong.

post #4 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 04:29 AM

Oh, I see. Illegal download stuff. I found a few links to non-existent torrents.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #5 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yeah I have been noticing them being deleted. I think that Uncle Pythagoras is trying to get the movie sync in the right order. It's a movie soundtrack now, and not a sync, so it goes in a certain order. Yes this is an alternative movie soundtrack. It's a joke, and it syncs right from the opening credits till the end credits. The end credits play the music like holes in paper play music on a piano.

Although illegal, if Sam Raimi wanted it to be talked about then people have to see it. If you have to alter the order of the CD tracks then it can only be seen illegally. So he must want it to be seen this way. You aren't steeling the movie because you have no speaking language in it.

I think the idea is that it sells the movie like a very long trailer.

post #6 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho View Post

You aren't steeling the movie because you have no speaking language in it.

What are you talking about?
post #7 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Although I'd be curious to see it, sort of, I can assure you such "coincidences" occur VERY often between film and music.
post #8 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It's real, I'm putting a Youtube clip up. It will be live soon. I don't know how long it will stay up. Maybe forever being as I am advertising 2 products at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ozKo8PfSWY&feature=youtu.be

post #9 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 AM

YouTube police didn't like the video. Blocked.

larry

post #10 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It works for me. It wasn't completely uploaded when I posted the link.

post #11 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It's strange I have 2 emails saying that my video has been blocked by Disney, but then a new email saying it is up. So like I said maybe it is meant to be seen. Can you tell me if it's blocked still, because I can still watch it, maybe it's in my cache somewhere.

post #12 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I just found out that my video is still blocked. I acknowledged 3rd party content, and that might now make it work. It's just that I don't make any money from the video I think. So all of the revenue goes to EMI and Disney. So now it should be live hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ozKo8PfSWY&feature=youtu.be

post #13 of 45 Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 208

Give it up. Disney and Floyd are bigger than you are.

EDIT: Try Vimeo?
post #14 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Uploading to Vimeo. Will be available in 50 minutes.

post #15 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok it seems to be working...

https://vimeo.com/76750345

post #16 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 02:43 AM
AVS Special Member

is this a joke?
It's called apophenia.

While I appreciate the effort you put into this to finally get it working, I would also tell you that I am myself a film music composer. I have seen it countless times on guide tracks or preliminary cuts, often the editors or even ourselves when we need some clarification on the direction the music should go, we use of course existing music, just to try things or have a feel of what could work and what could not. Most of the time the music itself fits quite well on the picture, but obviously it doens't make much sense regarding the film's narrative and the scene's intented purpose. Scenes have often sort of a "standard average runtime" and you could put any music, somes places would obviously work "rythmically". I'm sure if I tried the solo of Master Of Puppets on Citizen Kane we'd also get uncanny results. wink.gif ....But like I said, apophenia. Nothing more.
post #17 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It's not. The witch says Minions later when the minions come on, and that's not even a real word. And the end credits play the piano notes, and the timing is perfect, and the notes correspond to the length of the names, and that's impossible. But it is a joke in a way, it's a studio joke. You have to see all of it, it's fun. I am not giving too much away here. It's a surprise. The sounds are 3D too. The further away a person is, the quieter the sound becomes.

post #18 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I warned you about Master Of Puppets and Citizen Kane, I'm going to do it be careful! tongue.gif

...that guy did it with Dark Side Of The Moon and guess what...it worked too! rolleyes.gif

While it may sound somewhat poetic and psychedelically cool that Sam Raimi edited his movie on top of Atom Heart Mother and/or Dark Side Of The Moon, it *IS* highly, highly unlikely. Notice that it concerns a few portions of the film, as mentioned on his atom heart oz page, almost like someone who *wanted* to find those similarities... Anyway, I'm not debating that the music fits, somehow, because it's possible, but that it was made on purpose? I don't buy it for one second.

For the Oz sequel I would suggest Wish You Were Here then... smile.gif
post #19 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It syncs every single movement for 2 hours. It lip syncs... didn't you notice the monkey lip syncing? Plus it is only playing Pink Floyd from a CD without much editing. The tracks are something like 20 minutes long on the cd and the film syncs for all of those 20 minutes. All you have to do is start the CD on the opening title. Yes the rest of the movie has the tracks switched around. If you see the puppet girl song you will be convinced. I'm not posting that, it's too good. In fact most of it is too good to post. There are even conversations in the sync with real words. The tracks sync in variations too. You can have a funny joke, or a serious point it's up to you. You can have a man point at you, and say fooled you, or you can have a midget put on a smiley face and say fooled you. The sync is automatic.. I don't know how. It seems to sync to timing points in the video somehow. There are people playing trumpets, there are explosions, and witch cackling.

post #20 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:

It's not. The witch says Minions later when the minions come on, and that's not even a real word. And the end credits play the piano notes, and the timing is perfect, and the notes correspond to the length of the names, and that's impossible. But it is a joke in a way, it's a studio joke. You have to see all of it, it's fun. I am not giving too much away here. It's a surprise. The sounds are 3D too. The further away a person is, the quieter the sound becomes.

Dude, put down the bong.

1) Minions is a real word. It means "followers" or "underlings."

2) Morpheo already explained that your finding some seemingly uncanny and improbable "coincidences" is due to a hard-wired tendency in humans to find patterns everywhere, even in random occurrences, and that it's called "apophenia." It's common in movie editing and explains away such seemingly uncanny "coincidences."

Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

3) Many of us have seen or tried some version of Dark Side of the Rainbow before. Yeah, sort of cool the first time, but...it's the drugs, man.

Anyway, put down the bong um, water pipe, or at least stop trying to convince the rest of us that we are missing something really trippy unless we watch your video.
post #21 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

While I appreciate the effort you put into this to finally get it working, I would also tell you that I am myself a film music composer. I have seen it countless times on guide tracks or preliminary cuts, often the editors or even ourselves when we need some clarification on the direction the music should go, we use of course existing music, just to try things or have a feel of what could work and what could not. Most of the time the music itself fits quite well on the picture, but obviously it doens't make much sense regarding the film's narrative and the scene's intented purpose.

Very cool, Morpheo. I didn't know you were a film composer.

I knew about the temporary score thing, and my understanding is that Stanley Kubrick's editors had the classical pieces in 2001 as temporary music, and he decided they worked so well, he kept them in the final cut. Is that right?
post #22 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok, but don't forget that I gave you the opportunity to be the first few people in on the studio joke. Atom Heart mother was the first Quadrophonic Album, this is a 3D film that's my last snippet of information.

And I'm proud of myself for being the first person to figure this out.

post #23 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 656
So, I might have screwed up here. I have all this material, so I synched everything up and let her rip on the good system. Cant really go wrong with the music anyway. So I thought to myself, as righteous as this is, I gotta spin it all backwards.

Well, long story short, that's where my memory gets a little fuzzy. I'm not sure how many hours have passed, but when I came to, I found my car on the front lawn with all four doors open and the engine still running. I spotted a lone Llama loitering next door, and it seems like he's just looking at me. Freaking me out, man. The music is still playing, but every time I get near the HT, it's like my mind draws a blank and I end up outside again. With that damn Llama.

I'm going to do some google-ing to see what the hell is going on and I'll report back.
post #24 of 45 Old 10-12-2013, 10:29 AM
KOA
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Did you know Pincho's posts in this thread sync with Badger's Star Trek pitch? That Badger and Pincho each contain six letters? That the anagram of Pincho is Chopin?

Tread lightly...
post #25 of 45 Old 11-09-2013, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You can watch this complete sync here now if you are a friend... of Uncle Pythagoras
https://www.streamnation.com/library/13617503

Join, and make him a friend. Or maybe you have to make him a friend on facebook. He is called Barry Pythagoras. I don't know exactly how it works.

It's a new file borrowing idea that is supposed to be legal.

post #26 of 45 Old 11-11-2013, 03:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's a new file borrowing idea that is supposed to be legal.

Of course it's legal. Megaupload was legal too. It's what people are sharing that is not always legal...
post #27 of 45 Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Of course it's legal. Megaupload was legal too. It's what people are sharing that is not always legal...

Yeah. We want movie companies to make money so that we get more movies. Hopefully syncs that can't be bought don't count. And if Disney did this on purpose then they can only expect people to want to watch it.

post #28 of 45 Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And if Disney did this on purpose then they can only expect people to want to watch it.

But they (or more spefically Sam Raimi...) didn't do anything on purpose!

As much as you'd want it to be more than a coincidence, it's NOT.

Do you really think a director would take a 52mn album and think well, new challenge today guys, let's see if we can cut a 2+ hour movie on top of this cool Pink Floyd album in our Avid timeline!... Of course let's just take some specific portions of the album for specific scenes of the film. Does that sound realistic to you?

Stop believing any of this was made "on purpose" please.
post #29 of 45 Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

But they (or more spefically Sam Raimi...) didn't do anything on purpose!

As much as you'd want it to be more than a coincidence, it's NOT.

Do you really think a director would take a 52mn album and think well, new challenge today guys, let's see if we can cut a 2+ hour movie on top of this cool Pink Floyd album in our Avid timeline!... Of course let's just take some specific portions of the album for specific scenes of the film. Does that sound realistic to you?

Stop believing any of this was made "on purpose" please.

I'm sure it was. It's 2 hours of perfect sync, that's like throwing heads on a coin for 2 hours. It's impossible. There are specific parts for each character. It has real musical interludes like Wizard Of Oz, and a real ending. It tells the story 100% accurately, it's just impossible not to be deliberate. I have seen 20 syncs, and none come close to this. The sound is even directional, if the sound is coming from the left speaker the actions are on the left, and right, and moving forwards gets louder. When someone plays a drum in the movie, a drum plays on the soundtrack, the same with trumpets, and other objects. There are 2 tornadoes in the movie both timed to the same tornado sound on the album. There are witches cackling on the album, there is the word minions, and the words fooled you timed to joke sequences. The China Doll has her own musical pieces. The correct words to her actions, and the correct music. Whistling to whistling, explosions to explosions sounds, and chanting to witch mouth movements. When the scarecrows are on train tracks you hear train sounds. Motorbike sounds to running away. It's none stop. Dark Side Of The Rainbow is only about 10% as good, and that's famously good.

post #30 of 45 Old 11-11-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Atom Heart Mother is 52 minutes long.
Oz The Great And Powerful is 130 minutes long.

Can you explain to me how it is "2 hours of perfect sync"?
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page