post #61 of 77 Old 05-26-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

Nonetheless it works and wonder if this film is the last.

No. They've already announced the next film will be 'X-Men: Apocalypse'.
Wytchone likes this.

David Budo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 Old 05-26-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:

Nonetheless it works and wonder if this film is the last.

guessing you didn't stay thru the credits biggrin.gif

I love that they are free to go in any direction. they've already said the next movie in 2016 with be more in the disaster film genre. but as far as characters go they are open to using whoever the want or can get.

they are filming it and wolverine 3 back to back. jackman is doing those two and has send mixed things about future installments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #63 of 77 Old 05-26-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post

I love that they are free to go in any direction. they've already said the next movie in 2016 with be more in the disaster film genre. but as far as characters go they are open to using whoever the want or can get.

they are filming it and wolverine 3 back to back. jackman is doing those two and has send mixed things about future installments.

And I just read that the original cast will be in Apocalypse. It will still be a new cast focused movie though.
post #64 of 77 Old 05-26-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:

Yes, I did stay through the credits but didn't make the connection to what the film makers were planning to do.

I just received a link to an article that tries to lay out all of the possible ways to interpret Days of Future Past and the post credits ending.

A lengthy discussion with lots of spoilers.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/23/x-men-ending-future-past/

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #65 of 77 Old 05-26-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:

wolverine 3
God, no....not another one.rolleyes.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #66 of 77 Old 05-26-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:

Yes, I did stay through the credits but didn't make the connection to what the film makers were planning to do.

I just received a link to an article that tries to lay out all of the possible ways to interpret Days of Future Past and the post credits ending.

A lengthy discussion with lots of spoilers.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/23/x-men-ending-future-past/

That article mentions only a few of the many problems/issues with the movie.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #67 of 77 Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Okay, enough of the seriousness in this thread.

X-Men cast do impressions of each other.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/video/x-men-cast-impressions-other-161205571.html

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #68 of 77 Old 05-28-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
It was quiet good actually, sure it had some issues but nothing I would lose some sleep over . Quicksilver was a blast. I agree that Rebecca Romjin is a hotter Mystique, she just a better looking woman, and her paint costume is rather legendary now. The suit make up on Lawrence and her wide hip, is just not that exciting to me. YMMV.
Having said that Lawrence was given a much bigger role, and done well with it as usual.

sent via Morse code...........

The Hun
post #69 of 77 Old 05-29-2014, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I liked it a lot and for the most part it was well done. One nitpick for me is if your going to do a period movie you better look at the details carefully. For me it's the cars. The wheel/tire size on the MBZ wasn't available until 1978 and even then it was very limited.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for the end clip it suggests another alternate reality storyline. At least that was what Apocalypse was about .
post #70 of 77 Old 06-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I feel they will truly mess up apocalypse.

Up until this point the xmen movies have done no justice to the cartoon. That cartoon back in the 90's was ahead of its time.

For crying out loud where on earth is Gambit? Why is rogue in the movies completely irrelevant? Why is there SOOO much concentration on Wolverine, Jean and more Wolverine with a little sprinkling of Wolverine? This gets tiring after while. These movies are going south completely.
post #71 of 77 Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 804
Lol seriously! Thankfully this one has plenty of McAvoy/Fassbender screen time.

Speaking of screen time.... I think Gandalf spent like, one whole weekend shooting his part for this movie. tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #72 of 77 Old 06-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
On to the movie:
i feel it was RUSHED, completely RUSHED especially at the beginning. You were placed in the future I guess with no explanation of anything. Then you saw Bishop disappear then everyone still alive which was barely explained. Or they explained but it was a hack job just to get through that scene.

Then you saw xavier and his xmen crew saying "we found them" with no explanation of how they even got to that point. Why they were even looking for them or anything. Its like they rushed as quickly as possible to get to Wolverine yet again. Gheesh. He is honestly killing this franchise they are using his character as a crutch.

Then the ending everyone that died is now alive again? Jean, Cyclops? WHAT? Inexcusable.

There is nothing wrong with having a movie go out 2 hours 50 minutes if thats what it will take to explain the freaking plot. I hate rush jobs. This is why I love Peter Jackson films. They may be long but at least he explains things and fleshes out the plot thoroughly
post #73 of 77 Old 06-02-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post

On to the movie:
i feel it was RUSHED, completely RUSHED especially at the beginning. You were placed in the future I guess with no explanation of anything. Then you saw Bishop disappear then everyone still alive which was barely explained. Or they explained but it was a hack job just to get through that scene.

Then you saw xavier and his xmen crew saying "we found them" with no explanation of how they even got to that point. Why they were even looking for them or anything. Its like they rushed as quickly as possible to get to Wolverine yet again. Gheesh. He is honestly killing this franchise they are using his character as a crutch.

Then the ending everyone that died is now alive again? Jean, Cyclops? WHAT? Inexcusable.

There is nothing wrong with having a movie go out 2 hours 50 minutes if thats what it will take to explain the freaking plot. I hate rush jobs. This is why I love Peter Jackson films. They may be long but at least he explains things and fleshes out the plot thoroughly
If you read the comic (X Men 141-142) it's basically the same plot plus the fact they stopped something from happening in the past should alter quite a few things in the future. i.e. Cyclops and Jean being alive. Also, they totally explained why everyone was still alive after the fight. I won't go into it but it was explained. Yeah, they obviously focused on Wolverine and not Kate but at least tried to keep to the same story. In the comic they also just dropped you into the future without explaining anything until a few pages later.
post #74 of 77 Old 06-03-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post

I feel they will truly mess up apocalypse.

Up until this point the xmen movies have done no justice to the cartoon. That cartoon back in the 90's was ahead of its time.

For crying out loud where on earth is Gambit? Why is rogue in the movies completely irrelevant? Why is there SOOO much concentration on Wolverine, Jean and more Wolverine with a little sprinkling of Wolverine? This gets tiring after while. These movies are going south completely.

Gambit will be in Aocolypse.
post #75 of 77 Old 06-06-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Saw this last night, was expecting better frown.gif

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #76 of 77 Old 06-06-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 321
I wasn't a particular fan of the X-men movies but given the reviews I gave it a whirl. It was terrific. Lots of fun, well done all around.

Rich H

post #77 of 77 Old 06-08-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Watched it. Really enjoyed it. Will own it. That is all. biggrin.gif

David Budo
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page