X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014) - AVS Forum
1 2  3 
Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion > X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014)
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 09:24 AM 10-29-2013
First trailer is out...

...When are they gonna stop using the Sunshine music in trailers???? rolleyes.gif

I'm a fan of the franchise so I'm in! smile.gif

I'm also a fan of Michael Fassbender, but I'm usually indifferent to McAvoy. I'm curious to see both "generations" at play.

oink's Avatar oink 09:36 AM 10-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

First trailer is out...
I'm curious to see both "generations" at play.
Haven't we seen this before?

I wish to he!! this pseudo-prequel hadn't come off.frown.gif
Closet Geek's Avatar Closet Geek 09:37 AM 10-29-2013
This trailer makes me very interested and I want to say I'm in as well but I'm still uncertain if I'll go see it after my disappointment in the first one. They've gotten very good with the trailers and getting you to go to the theater opening weekend.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 07:38 PM 10-29-2013
Swwweeettt! Looks good! Im there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

First trailer is out...

...When are they gonna stop using the Sunshine music in trailers???? rolleyes.gif

Hey! It's cuz its so good. tongue.gif Still gives me goosebumps when i hear it.
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 08:11 AM 10-30-2013
I apologize, but at the risk of sounding shallow, I just have one question: Will Jennifer Lawrence be nekkid except for body-paint?

I am... um.... just asking for a friend. A really shallow friend. The things I do for that guy...
oink's Avatar oink 10:05 AM 10-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I apologize, but at the risk of sounding shallow, I just have one question: Will Jennifer Lawrence be nekkid except for body-paint?

I am... um.... just asking for a friend. A really shallow friend. The things I do for that guy...
Tell your "friend" his interest is misplaced.
Ms. Lawrence can't shapeshift as well as Ms. Romijn.....wink.gif
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 10:06 AM 10-30-2013
Quote:

She's a lovely girl, but that blue paint wasn't particularly flattering on her in X-Men: First Class.
Closet Geek's Avatar Closet Geek 10:11 AM 10-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Tell your "friend" his interest is misplaced.
Ms. Lawrence can't shapeshift as well as Ms. Romijn.....wink.gif

+1 just doesn't seem to sum it up quite enough.
Kevin12586's Avatar Kevin12586 05:05 PM 10-30-2013
sog35's Avatar sog35 07:52 AM 11-04-2013
Looks good but I'm disappointed they went the time travel route. Seems like series always goes to Time Travel story line when they run out of ideas.
Closet Geek's Avatar Closet Geek 09:08 AM 11-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Looks good but I'm disappointed they went the time travel route. Seems like series always goes to Time Travel story line when they run out of ideas.

That's because there were better stories in the past. biggrin.gif
Matt_Stevens's Avatar Matt_Stevens 11:47 AM 11-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

It's based upon one of the most classic of all X-MEN stories, first published back in 1981 (issues 141 and 142, if memory serves). Personally I feel this is a brilliant move, allowing for a true Event picture.

If they get right.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 12:09 PM 11-04-2013
Why do we have a new young Wolverine when Jackman played a 'younger' version of himself through time when he was in .... Wolverine?
Jdog35's Avatar Jdog35 12:15 PM 11-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

It's based upon one of the most classic of all X-MEN stories, first published back in 1981 (issues 141 and 142, if memory serves). Personally I feel this is a brilliant move, allowing for a true Event picture.

If they get right.

If they get it right...this would be the "Empire Strikes Back" of this series. Presupposing they leave the cliff-hanger/no-way-they-did-that moments in there like the comic had that is. Could be absolutely phenomenal.
sog35's Avatar sog35 01:35 PM 11-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

If they get right.

did not know that. Great, really looking forward to this now.
Morpheo's Avatar Morpheo 02:49 PM 11-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Why do we have a new young Wolverine when Jackman played a 'younger' version of himself through time when he was in .... Wolverine?

confused.gif

The only Wolverine I see in the trailer is Hugh Jackman.
Scott Simonian's Avatar Scott Simonian 04:59 PM 11-04-2013
My bad. Watched it again and I guess I confused that Ice dude for him or something.
alexstone's Avatar alexstone 09:13 AM 11-05-2013

Can`t wait :)

Kevin12586's Avatar Kevin12586 02:44 PM 12-07-2013
The sequel already has a name and villain!!!
oink's Avatar oink 07:02 PM 03-24-2014
2nd Trailer out:

g-man5.1's Avatar g-man5.1 07:46 AM 03-25-2014
This looks really good based on the newest trailer. I really hope this delivers come may 23.
oink's Avatar oink 11:17 AM 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man5.1 View Post

This looks really good based on the newest trailer. I really hope this delivers come may 23.
This is the best sci-fi trailer I have seen in a VERY long time.

I will NOT wait for the BD...wink.gif
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 11:45 AM 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

This is the best sci-fi trailer I have seen in a VERY long time.

I will NOT wait for the BD...wink.gif

I agree that this latest X-Men saga is a likely candidate for viewing in the theater. Wolverine was so underwhelming, I have not yet seen it, either in a theater or on BD. Nevertheless I have seen most of the actual X-Men films in the theater so will probably see this latest one there too. Bryan Singer brings a lot of cred, it seems to me.
oink's Avatar oink 11:50 AM 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Wolverine was so underwhelming, I have not yet seen it, either in a theater or on BD.
It is better than the first movie, but that isn't saying a lot....wink.gif
archiguy's Avatar archiguy 11:52 AM 03-25-2014
Wait, what? A trailer making an upcoming action movie look like the Greatest Film of All Time? I'm shocked! Never heard of anything like that before. eek.gif
oink's Avatar oink 12:57 PM 03-25-2014
Quote:

Wait, what? A trailer making an upcoming action movie look like the Greatest Film of All Time? I'm shocked! Never heard of anything like that before. eek.gif
Ever the sarcastic one....tongue.gif
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 03:15 PM 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Bryan Fuller brings a lot of cred, it seems to me.

Bryan Fuller would bring a lot of cred. Not to X-Men, though. He's currently tied up making Hannibal for NBC.

Bryan Singer, on the other hand...
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 03:59 PM 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Bryan Fuller would bring a lot of cred. Not to X-Men, though. He's currently tied up making Hannibal for NBC.

Bryan Singer, on the other hand...

Ah, as usual, no good deed goes unpunished. Keep a sharp eye out for your next "Gotcha." They are everywhere around here and the recipients uniformly appreciate your corrections.
coolscan's Avatar coolscan 05:46 AM 04-16-2014
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official "Opening Battle" Movie clip#1 (couldn't find a real HD version)

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Official Trailer 3

Franin's Avatar Franin 07:14 AM 04-18-2014
Loved it can't wait !!
1 2  3 

Up
Mobile  Desktop