AVS Forum banner

Noah (2014)

4K views 97 replies 38 participants last post by  sb1 
#1 ·
#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z  /t/1499625/noah-2014#post_23952389

Weird that Darren Aronofsky would direct a sequel to a crappy Roland Emmerich movie. This is "2012... B.C.", right?

OR going for Cecil B. DeMille. Bad trailers don't make bad movies and that's about all there is to go on. Despite the religious aspect, and the coolness to hate it, the story/myth is still cool and could be fun to watch and no more loony than The Avengers or any Disney song and dance.

The trailer touched on something Sunday School glosses over and that's the "fact" that other people had to line up and be told by Noah "No, you can't get on my boat."

#13 ·
I actually think it's a decent trailer, but having studied the good book and specifically Noah and what happened after the floor I am disappointed (but not surprised) to see they have completely ignored the accepted belief that Noah's sons all were married to women of different races. Not to mention his son, Ham, was of a different mother vs his other two sons and naturally a different race. Nor was Noah's wife of the same race.

So I guess all of that is just too complicated and uncomfortable deal with, so let's make 'em all white. Oh well.

Early buzz is bad, but you never know if that is due to crap being shoveled out by rival studios.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun  /t/1499625/noah-2014#post_23959112

This trailer was ok, wanna see a real crap one check out the one for Frankenstein.
That is one of the worst looking movies I have ever seen. Sanitized, stupidfied (yes, I made up a word) PG-13 blandness on an EPIC SCALE!!!!!!!

#16 ·

Guys, keep your personal religious beliefs off of AVS. If you're not specifically discussing the film, move along. Remember to be respectful of others.

This will be the only warning...

#17 ·
Weird how my post about biblical films was yanked and neither professed or denied any belief for myself or anyone. It was merely a chronological list of movies highlighting when the big epic bible stuff was being done. Surely didn't intend any offense.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek  /t/1499625/noah-2014#post_23953772

I won't judge by the trailer but I am hopeful that it will be a good and accurate portrayal.

Alternatively, Bill Cosby's spot has always been a classic! One of his best ever!
Agreed. I actually think it has potential given the cast. Crowe almost stole the show in MOS and I think he could really deliver in this role. Most important thing to me is to keep it relatively close to the true story, if that can be done wile delivering solid performances I can accept the subpar CG.

#22 ·
Religious or not, the trailer looks kinda horrible. I love the people involved, but it doesn't look too good. I'm hoping it's epic and awesome, but I'm doubting it.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi  /t/1499625/noah-2014#post_23961765

Agreed. I actually think it has potential given the cast. Crowe almost stole the show in MOS and I think he could really deliver in this role. Most important thing to me is to keep it relatively close to the true story, if that can be done wile delivering solid performances I can accept the subpar CG.

This is a true story? Or do you mean a story true to its source?

What impressed me about the trailer was how nothing changed from before the flood to our world after the flood. A missed opportunity to be sure.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G  /t/1499625/noah-2014#post_24030657

This is a true story? Or do you mean a story true to its source?

What impressed me about the trailer was how nothing changed from before the flood to our world after the flood. A missed opportunity to be sure.

I had a similar thought, but didn't want to go there, and I took it to mean preserving the story as it is true to its source.

I really do hope this movie is a good one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.