AVS Forum banner

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

3K views 72 replies 17 participants last post by  Waboman 
#1 ·
#4 ·
This looks like a rental to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer/0_60#post_24040205

The last one was terrible and I'm not a fan of the actor playing Parker, that said this actually looks worth seeing.
I skipped the first one....Spidey's origins was already done years ago with TMcG.

Quote:
When will we move past this obsession with the milk-toast emo kid bad guy thing?
+1

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24041877

This looks like a rental to me.

I skipped the first one....Spidey's origins was already done years ago with TMcG.

I thought The Amazing Spider Man was a few thousand times better than Raimi's film(s). Andrew Garfield is much more convincing as Parker/Spidey than Maguire who didn't seem to know which kind of movie he was in, and Emma Stone was, also, miles better than Kirsten Dunst as Spidey's love interest. I'm very much looking forward to the sequel.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer/0_60#post_24042354

I thought The Amazing Spider Man was a few thousand times better than Raimi's film(s). Andrew Garfield is much more convincing as Parker/Spidey than Maguire who didn't seem to know which kind of movie he was in, and Emma Stone was, also, miles better than Kirsten Dunst as Spidey's love interest. I'm very much looking forward to the sequel.
Tell ya what....I'll put it in my queue, if you tell me how to create BD covers I can print out on my color printer.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24042354

I'll give ya Emma Stone but the rest not so much.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24042354

I agree

#9 ·
I liked both versions almost equally; however, it took a few viewings of TAS for me to come around. They just tell different stories and I'm good with that. After repeated viewings I do feel Garfield gives a bit of a better portrayal of the character but honestly, I'm not sure that opinion is not influenced by McGuire's 2nd and 3rd installments, which I'm trying not to consider for this post since TAS only has one release to date. Kirsten Dunst I thought was a terrible choice, equal to that of Batman Begins. That being said I'm looking forward to #2 hoping for consistency and fluidity with the first And I'm very much interested in Jamie Fox's portrayal of Electro.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24043967

Kirsten Dunst I thought was a terrible choice, equal to that of Batman Begins.

The wet t-shirt scene redeemed her. Very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek 

That being said I'm looking forward to #2 hoping for consistency and fluidity with the first And I'm very much interested in Jamie Fox's portrayal of Electro.

He's got to be better than Ah-nold as Mr. Freeze, right? *burrrrr*

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24051128

More reasons why I wasn't attracted to this remake of the Raimi films:
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-oddly-specific-scenes-new-spider-man-recycling/

ok master oink, this articly is stupid. There. I said it. No shame.

Take any action movie and I'm 200% sure you can find supposedly "odd" similarities between shots... And the guy once again is basing his judgement on a trailer. Which is of course the only way to judge a movie he hasn't seen.

Just rent the damn thing already!

(I know it just gives somewhat of an indication, but RT is 73% fresh for The Amazing Spider Man as well).

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer/0_60#post_24052277

ok master oink, this articly is stupid. There. I said it. No shame.

Take any action movie and I'm 200% sure you can find supposedly "odd" similarities between shots... And the guy once again is basing his judgement on a trailer. Which is of course the only way to judge a movie he hasn't seen.
I'm glad you didn't miss the point.

Quote:
Just rent the damn thing already!
In my queue.

Quote:
(I know it just gives somewhat of an indication, but RT is 73% fresh for The Amazing Spider Man as well).
And quoting RT caused me to remove it from my queue.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24052746

I'm glad you didn't miss the point.

In my queue.

And quoting RT caused me to remove it from my queue.
I wouldn't take a movie out of a queue because of RT, not would I put one in because it....

#18 ·
Rotten Tomatoes has it's usefulness. When trying to determine how to spend your limited entertainment dollars, as when deciding to buy almost any consumer item, metadata is your friend. One man's (or critic's) opinion does not a purchase decision make, but hundreds or thousands of them, that's another story.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24052781

I wouldn't take a movie out of a queue because of RT, not would I put one in because it....

As I said a just an indication that the movie has been generally well received by both critics and audiences.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24052839

Rotten Tomatoes has it's usefulness. When trying to determine how to spend your limited entertainment dollars, as when deciding to buy almost any consumer item, metadata is your friend. One man's (or critic's) opinion does not a purchase decision make, but hundreds or thousands of them, that's another story.
But you can fool most of the people, most of the time.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer#post_24057285

But you can fool most of the people, most of the time.

I would disagree with that. My personal opinion is that you can fool some of the people most of the time, or most of the people some of the time. And then there's that subset of humanity that you can fool pretty much all of the time. I'd define that group further, but then this post would probably disappear rather quickly.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1503823/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer/0_60#post_24057517

And then there's that subset of humanity that you can fool pretty much all of the time.
Sadly, that is a very LARGE subset.

Quote:
I'd define that group further, but then this post would probably disappear rather quickly.
Go on.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.