AVS Forum banner

Interstellar (2014)

33K views 940 replies 135 participants last post by  Herve 
#1 ·
First teaser of Christopher Nolan's upcoming film, with Matthew McConaughey narrating.

Interesting and intriguing...

I hope they continue this trend of trailers that don't give away the entire plot!

#331 ·
Wow no kidding, In my humble opinion he does great in his roles. My Dad is in your boat, he thinks he plays it to kool and calm. I think the Lincoln commercials got him Ha Ha! I got this movie and started to watch it on 24HZ and my UN55F7100 Smart HDTV started jitter and dropping frames so I turned it off for now. Looks like I will have to go back to regular 60 fps, how ever they do it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts but still watch it, you just might enjoy it, go for John Lithgo :)

#4 ·
Most depressing part of the trailer is when it reminds you that the movie is a year away.

Since Nolan isn't working with his usual cinematographer (Wally Pfister was busy on his directorial debut), I'll be curious to see if it has the look of his previous films.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014/0_60#post_24730295

Could be good, hard to say.
The trailer doesn't really impress.

From what I can gather from it, some guy leaves his family for the purposes of saving the species from extinction?

Really?

Pfffft.....yeah, sure.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24731943

The trailer doesn't really impress.

From what I can gather from it, some guy leaves his family for the purposes of saving the species from extinction?

Really?

Pfffft.....yeah, sure.
I expect we'll see a number of trailers for this, this one is a bit dull....

#14 ·
It's got the interesting premise that in the not so distant future the most pressing need is for humans to be able to produce any food at all, rather than more materialistic technology stuff - and engineers have been relegated to insignificance. And only the engineers can save the species from extinction by getting us off this-then barren rock. It's a great sci-fi premise. We'll see how it translates to the screen.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24735311

Trailers too many times are the best part of the movie but this trailer doesn't do a whole lot for me so I guess the movie should be quite good.
This is related to the fact that most people don't want to have to think during a movie, though.

1) Awesome trailer usually means they can show you everything you need to know: 'Splosions and people yelling while they fire a gun or run from something.

2) Kind of "meh" trailer may mean they can't show you much because there's an actual story that you kind of need to know in order to get the most of it.

#18 ·
Looks like a cross between "Contact" and Star Trek's "First Contact" (without the aliens.)

Being a Christopher Nolan film, I'm hoping for something better than the usual Hollywood releases. I'm just praying this isn't one of those subtle "man is killing the planet/climate change" diatribes. I am somewhat pleased with the musical score. It seems to be a good match with the trailer presentation.

Guess we'll have to wait until November to see if Mr. Nolan has put "stellar" into "Interstellar."

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24736221

Yeah, doesn't appear to be the music from Sunshine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24736230

The music is from V FOR VENDETTA

And I'm sure the actual music from Interstellar will deliver as well... I have this feeling this is the kind of movie where Zimmer will shine once again.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24735851

I'm just praying this isn't one of those subtle "man is killing the planet/climate change" diatribes.

Oh don't worry, it doesn't appear to be subtle at all.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014/0_50#post_24736244

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24736221

Yeah, doesn't appear to be the music from Sunshine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24736230

The music is from V FOR VENDETTA

And I'm sure the actual music from Interstellar will deliver as well... I have this feeling this is the kind of movie where Zimmer will shine once again.
How about a little Interstellar Overdrive?

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24736244

Mankind can die in this movie, but for the love of God, I certainly hope that Zimmer can keep his hands off this film

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981  /t/1505720/interstellar-2014#post_24735851

Looks like a cross between "Contact" and Star Trek's "First Contact" (without the aliens.)

Being a Christopher Nolan film, I'm hoping for something better than the usual Hollywood releases. I'm just praying this isn't one of those subtle "man is killing the planet/climate change" diatribes. I am somewhat pleased with the musical score. It seems to be a good match with the trailer presentation.

Guess we'll have to wait until November to see if Mr. Nolan has put "stellar" into "Interstellar."

Looks more like Contact crossed with The Astronaut Farmer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.