AVS Forum banner

Seventh Son -- Jeff Bridges, Dragonslayer

975 views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  oink 
#1 ·

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24466721

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Warner Bros. No Longer Releasing this movie. Read why.

No... I simple had to just look.
I have no idea what that means.....

IMDB shows a Feb. 2015 release date and am inclined to believe it.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24466968

Oh ... umm..
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) When you watch the trailer a caption pops up with an old article saying its not coming out anymore. I didnt read it before posting.
I saw that too, but I have no idea what it is referring to...

#6 ·
"Seventh Son has switched release dates multiple times. It was originally scheduled for release February 22, 2013, but moved back to October 18, 2013, to complete post production. It again moved from October 18, 2013, to January 17, 2014, due to the film's backer Legendary Pictures parting ways with Warner Bros., who were initially intended to distribute the film. On August 15, 2013, it was announced that Legendary has sold the distribution rights to their new partner Universal Studios which pulled the film off its January 17, 2014 release date. The release of the film has been moved to February 6, 2015."

wiki

#8 ·
Is that Prince Caspian? Oh hell I don't care...

Anyone remember when visual effects looked even remotely real and not just plain goofy, with movement that's too fast? "Realistic" is just too boring to attract the average movie goer, I suppose. Glad they still make books...or at least allow access to them on digital devices.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24468335

Anyone remember when visual effects looked even remotely real and not just plain goofy, with movement that's too fast? "Realistic" is just too boring to attract the average movie goer, I suppose. Glad they still make books...or at least allow access to them on digital devices.
Anyone ever tell you you're not much fun in the morning?

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer#post_24468335

Anyone remember when visual effects looked even remotely real and not just plain goofy, with movement that's too fast? "Realistic" is just too boring to attract the average movie goer, I suppose.

The good old days, when good effects were so expensive, they were only used when the story needed them.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24471733

The good old days, when good effects were so expensive, they were only used when the story needed them.
No argument here.

FWIW, although JB is way too old for swashbuckling (as he proved in that abomination R.I.P.D.), the eye-candy in this trailer calls for a rental, popcorn, and adult beverages.

YMMV.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24472035

What's up with that voice Jeff has settled on for his characters? Since True Grit he has been stuck with that annoying, hard to understand voice. True Grit, R.I.P.D., and now Seventh Son.
I know...it's ridiculous, the guy is from Southern California.

FWIW, I have seen interviews of him on The Daily Show and he is more than a little odd IMO.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24472192

Really? Never would have seen that coming. Not from a prominent actor. You sure?
The only thing I am sure about right now is it's too damn early in the morning for swine....

#22 ·
7th Son made it past the 7 minute mark, but not the 37 minute mark.

This is a very weird movie.
How did the 7 year old producers and screenwriters manage to get ahold of a 7 gillion dollar CGI?
I don't get it....:confused:

Ms. Oink commented this was the most expensive looking Syfy channel movie she has ever seen (she watches anything from the channel if it has dragons in it).
I have to admit she has a point.

And WTF is going on with Jeff Bridges?
Since True Grit it seems like every character he has played has been a variation of the old marble-mouthed Rooster.
It actually seems like he is trying to be even more unintelligible with each new role.:eek:
Recently, I saw him on The Daily Show and he was almost incoherent...
Seriously, is he going thru early-onset Alzheimer's?

#23 ·
Julianne Moore wasted her time and talents on this movie. My problem wasn't Bridges' accent, but the film's poor pacing from either poor direction or editing. Or a maybe a little of both.

Anyway, I gave it the "oink-eject" about 45 minutes in...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.