Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-21-2014, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Review: In a World...

Maybe I missed it, but I looked and didn't see a thread on this one. It finally got to the top of my NF queue so I watched it tonight. Written and directed by the very funny and pretty and talented Lake Bell, this is a comedy set in the movie trailer voice over world. Maybe I got it more than some would since I have a friend who does voice work, but I think everyone would appreciate it. It's very funny and well done.

Lake Bell is also stars in it and she does an excellent job wearing that hat as well. She has good comedic chops and I've liked her in all the things I can remember right off hand seeing her in. She obviously has a lot of friends (or colleagues who respect her at least) since a lot of well known folks were in it and I doubt she could have afforded to pay them much to do such a film.

Anyway, definitely check it out if you've not seen it already. It's a couple hours very well spent.

In a world of trite tastes, one woman dared to create a film exploring the power of a voice. A voice so sonorous it could not be contained within the audio spectrum. A voice so rich that all were humbled by its epic gravitas.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

www.charmedquark.com

Last edited by Dean Roddey; 06-22-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-25-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

In a world... where spiraling maple syrup prices threaten the stability of the global economy, one man's love of origami may be all that stands between mankind and a Footwear Model Zombie Apocalypse. You will be on the edge of your seat as this terrifying adventure unfolds. Opening in incredibly select theaters this fall.

Dean Roddey

www.charmedquark.com

Last edited by Dean Roddey; 06-25-2014 at 09:30 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-26-2014, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

In a world.. where miniature Poodles have become infected by an asteroid borne virus, and mutate into vicious, blood thirsty demons, one woman in stretch pants is Earth's final hope. Armed only with a hair curler, a year's supply of false eyelashes, and a closet full of animal skin patterned pumps, she must accept her destiny and defeat the alien infestation, or we will all die... This Summer.

Dean Roddey

www.charmedquark.com

post #4 of 4 Old 07-13-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Watched this when if first came out, and thought it was somewhat entertaining, but ultimately not involving. The characters weren't all that interesting, or fleshed-out. There also wasn't enough of the behind-the-scenes flavor to really elevate the story above what one would expect. Ultimately, it lacked charm and the story just seemed to meander.

After watching it, it just left be with a hankering to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw#t=16

Not necessarily worth a rental on disc, but maybe streaming for free or on one of the movie channels.

Scott

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page