What was the last high definition picture/high resolution audio movie you watched? - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 466Likes

post #1051 of 1146 Old 05-30-2016, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
Good to know thanks! I'm watching it tonight

You'll enjoy it, watched it last night. Based on a true event in 1951. There are a few fabrications to the story but it's generally faithful to the source book. It's a dark looking film which I am guessing is because there are about 1000 processed shots which are easier to camouflage with a dark palette. It tanked at the box office losing Disney about $75 million, an old fashioned no nonsense movie, entertaining just not something the general populace will rush out to see.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1146 Old 05-30-2016, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki Steve View Post
PDT what did you think of that movie?

I thought the Point Break remake sucked. It had good action scenes but the acting sucked as did the story. Nothing like the original.

Marantz PM5005 Integrated Amplifier | Marantz CD5005 Compact Disc Player | Music Hall USB-1 Turntable | Onkyo TA-R240 Cassette Tape Player
Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 Bookshelf Speakers | Audio Technica AT95e MM Cartridge | AudioQuest Evergreen Interconnects
Quote:
"My CD's don't earn interest...they play sweet music."
post #1053 of 1146 Old 06-01-2016, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 88

Good movie, I liked it anyway.
Biggest complaint is they have tried to cram to much story into to short a time.
Some of the story and characters could have been fleshed out more.
It would have made a good mini-series, in fact it would have made a great season two of True Detective!

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII

post #1054 of 1146 Old 06-03-2016, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Liked: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

You'll enjoy it, watched it last night. Based on a true event in 1951. There are a few fabrications to the story but it's generally faithful to the source book. It's a dark looking film which I am guessing is because there are about 1000 processed shots which are easier to camouflage with a dark palette. It tanked at the box office losing Disney about $75 million, an old fashioned no nonsense movie, entertaining just not something the general populace will rush out to see.
Well, I did enjoy it! There are times when Casey Affleck's "laid back" acting is annoying (to me), but it worked great here. Great perfomances and visuals. In our oversaturated superhero world, I can see why it tanked. That's too bad. I guess people just didn't care. I regret not having seen it on a big screen.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
post #1055 of 1146 Old 06-09-2016, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3557
I watched 13 Hours two nights ago ::

I'm sure some of you have read about this true story, plus some big lies surrounding it.
The film was directed by Michael Bay, in a different style than his 'Transformers' flicks, and more in line with ... documentary TV shaky camera video game style with loaded guns and debris flying and bad guys getting killed. ...Lots of bullets were exchanged during the "stand down" and words too.

I did read extensively about this true incident, and more. So having watched the film now, wow, tough situation and dramatic outcome.
I don't like shaky camera work and I don't like video games and I don't like TV. But it was still a good action film.
Technically the picture looks great, quality cameras, and the audio...enveloping with all the bullets coming from everywhere.
This film should please a large segment of our youth in North America, boys...and male adults too.

If I would rate it overall (technically and story wise in consideration of based on true events and Michael Bay's own approach): 77
It was effective. And the more you learn about it, the more this world seems crazy and all for the good reasons.
Bob, the chief, was an interesting character...and today is retired somewhere we don't know.
Many elements played in what happened over there @ the time, and they still play out today...and tomorrow.

I sure recommend a watch. But even more, in searching deeper and in learning more about it.
The film is dealing with the action aspect much more than what truly lead to it and how it was badly mishandled.
________

"On Sept. 11, 2012, Islamic militants attack the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, killing Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and Sean Smith, an officer for the Foreign Service. Stationed less than one mile away are members (James Badge Dale, John Krasinski, Max Martini) of the Annex Security Team, former soldiers assigned to protect operatives and diplomats in the city. As the assault rages on, the six men engage the combatants in a fierce firefight to save the lives of the remaining Americans."
________

________

* I like Johnny Depp, and I like Amber Heard. They are making the gossips of Hollywood and Australia recently.
I don't read gossips, but I have read one line accidentally.
So, I decided to investigate in my own and checked if I can decipher anything peculiar from Johnny's voice.
I revisited a favorite last night... Rango :

It's the story of....oh well, just watch the flick if you haven't yet. It's top-notch animation: 92
And it has everything in it to make you smile and be happy.
________

ellisr63 and Roudan like this.

Last edited by NorthSky; 06-09-2016 at 02:04 PM.
post #1056 of 1146 Old 06-13-2016, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

13 Hours (Really good movie based on the true story of what happened in Benghazi)

Marantz PM5005 Integrated Amplifier | Marantz CD5005 Compact Disc Player | Music Hall USB-1 Turntable | Onkyo TA-R240 Cassette Tape Player
Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 Bookshelf Speakers | Audio Technica AT95e MM Cartridge | AudioQuest Evergreen Interconnects
Quote:
post #1057 of 1146 Old 06-17-2016, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Last night I revisited Paths of Glory (1957) in glorious black and white ::

This is a powerful film, an anti-war film. The novel from what it is based on, by the same name, was loosely based on a true story.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paths_of_Glory

I'm a big Stanley Kubrick's fan, so I'm very glad to have this film in my BR collection.
It's only in 2D and in 1080p but it don't matter; it is still rated high @ 90 in my cinema book.
The black bars are normal, on each side of your screen, so don't panic.

* Twenty years from now I wonder what kind of new aspect ratios films will be shot @.
post #1058 of 1146 Old 06-21-2016, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

I took a chance:

Different, like a theater play. ...Strange, strange, ...it's a one-girl show. ...The two guys are mainly her supporters.
And us? Lol, us we want to know. So we have no choice but to go along for the ride; and that is exactly where the attraction is with that flick...our desire to know.
It's a very simple film, like a play. ...And unfortunately full of holes; with no attention to small details that are important for the suspense of "I believe".
I saw more of what it could have been than what was onscreen. It still keeps you wanting to know, more so with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, ...some' about her that is "arresting" ... her eyes expressing the same as us...wanting to know too.

Yes, there are some small details where no effort were made to make them more believable, and that's my main criticism.
But overall it's worth a watch. My own rating score (film & technical aspects): 71

Lol, the critics...did they overrate that one or what! I was going to insert a trailer, but I decided not to.
It's best to have zero idea. That's the best value this flick has going on for it, IMO.

Yeah, give it a shot. I took a chance and I survived well because I was interested to know...about what was coming up.

Last edited by NorthSky; 06-21-2016 at 05:02 PM.
post #1059 of 1146 Old 06-21-2016, 11:43 PM

Had the week off so racked up some movie watching

Bob, your review says it all.
Was worth the watch, but could have been better.

Interesting story, good acting, lots O action!

I watched Eddie in the 88 Olympics so was nice to get more of the story
Was a very enjoyable movie to watch!
Taron Egerton did a good job I thought

Despite the bad reviews on this one, I thought it was okay.
Interesting story premise , action/CG was okay.

This movie wasn't quite what I expected.
Will need to rewatch again.

It is what it is.
Tho the price of admission was worth seeing Justin Bieber getting shot!
GF liked it.

Ted 2
Now this was funny, I liked the first one but thought this was maybe even better.

I thought this was quite well done.
Good story, well acted, minimal effects.
It is a religious story but doesn't get "preachy".

Just skip this one, wish I did!

Had not watched in a long time.
A bit dated, but still was well done, some nice scenery, good story.

There was suppose to be some added parts I thought but I didn't notice any?

It turned into Tarantino week...

and

Not quite as good as the first time I watched it.

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII
post #1060 of 1146 Old 06-22-2016, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Steve.

In one scene (10 Cloverfield Lane), they're eating spaghetti @ the diner table. Well, they're not eating they are playing with their noddles and with their lines.
It's a psychological thriller with a humorous/horror/sci-fi/drama/comedy/suspense twist. And it works, mostly.
Sure there are many implausibilities but it's not based on a true story.
Tiki Steve likes this.
post #1061 of 1146 Old 06-22-2016, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

I watched something "light" last night, 'The Diary of a Teenage Girl', with honest down-to-earth non-judging fun lovely adventure into the world of Minnie (Bel Powley).

That was a pleasant surprise. It brought me back to the times when life was simpler and more natural, in the 70s in San Francisco...Peace & Love times.
There was no internet, no Apple and no Microsoft. ...And everything else that comes with it.
Humans were real humans and no numbers @ the factory line with punching cards. The phone and the tape cassette recorder were the communication system @ distance and personal.
A book of "avant-gardiste" stylish drawings was also part of the diary along with the recordings.

I could write a lengthy impression about this welcome flick, but I won't.
I will say only this: View it with your lover, with your children, with your family, with your friends, your wife, your girlfriend, ...everyone.
It's a good change from the year 2016 with all the personal criticism and judgement and just too 'strange' world we all now live in.

Overall score: 83 → It was delightful, marvelous. ...A great dose of fresh/natural reality. ...Which is so missing in this crazy race of superficiality.
ellisr63 and Tiki Steve like this.

Last edited by NorthSky; 06-22-2016 at 11:57 AM.
post #1062 of 1146 Old 06-24-2016, 07:37 PM

Bob, I read about that movie somewhere, it did sound interesting, after reading your impressions I'll have to see about watching it!!

I liked this, an action film, and it had lots of that.

This is a very good movie!!
If you like "disaster films", then you will really enjoy this (I think?!?) I did.
It's Norwegian language with English sub-titles.
Some beautiful scenery and some of the best CGI I have ever seen.
Good story (based on fact), believable characters, good acting.
Roudan likes this.

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII
post #1063 of 1146 Old 06-26-2016, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

This was good, very; I even had couple emotional tears @ the end with Eddie, his Mom & Dad, and coach meeting @ the British airport. It's best to just let go, not restrict yourself.
This is a true and lovely story, well worth your time, and it invites you to search and learn more, and what you discover is as big as life itself.
It's a funny world we live in, full of prejudices and superiority complexes...
Watch this flick and wake up to real life where it counts...in the heart and spirit of all men, women and children.
Embark in Eddie's life adventure, from the very start when he was just a little kid going to the Olympics (bus stop).

Overall film rating score only (my own of course, so use caution from a Canadian Frenchman ): 85

Pierre de Coubertin's beautiful quotes:

• "The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well."

• "The important thing in life is not to triumph but to compete."

• "Success comprises in itself the seeds of its own decline and sport is not spared by this law."

• "All sports must be treated on the basis of equality."

• "Olympism seeks to create a way of life based on the joy found in effort, the educational value of a good example and respect for universal fundamental ethical principles."

• "The day when a sportsman stops thinking above all else of the happiness in his own effort and the intoxication of the power and physical balance he derives from it, the day when he lets considerations of vanity or interest take over, on this day his ideal will die."
Tiki Steve and Roudan like this.
post #1064 of 1146 Old 06-26-2016, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Bob, I read about that movie somewhere, it did sound interesting, after reading your impressions I'll have to see about watching it!!
I just checked if Ralph reviewed it, and yes he did, @ the beginning of this year: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/187-of...l#post40752794
Tiki Steve likes this.
post #1065 of 1146 Old 06-27-2016, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

I watched this guy last night: Hail, Caesar!

From the Coen brothers. So don't be too surprised by the genre. I liked it, except for some scenes too long and actor's less than stellar performances.
It's funny, because I would have gone way further than where they went. ...To make it more enjoyable, by pushing the envelope into delirium. ...Not enough laughs.

Still, for the film alone I would rate it @ 76 (between 71 and 81). Your mood is important, and so is your sense of reading their mindset. ...The Coens.

This is the kind of film than can sway you into various directions, and depending on many things.
It's like a funny drama without dramas and without laughs. ...It's internal/meditative.
There were some funny scenes that made me smile...for sure...but no big laughs. For someone else it can bring those elements that were missing in my own entertaining experience, and for others some scenes can translate to excruciating long lasting pain (you never know). Like I said, it all depends because we're all different, and from 1 to 99 (way of speech to relate to age, and our own vision into the cinema world...Hollywood style).
And again, our mood and knowledge about the Hollywood movie industry.

Yeah, it sure is more a comedy than a drama. ...A dramatic comedy.

Last edited by NorthSky; 06-27-2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: )
post #1066 of 1146 Old 06-27-2016, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacodutaco View Post
13 Hours (Really good movie based on the true story of what happened in Benghazi)
Thanks for your suggestion. Have been reading about it on wikipedia recently. Guess this it time to watch this movie
post #1067 of 1146 Old 06-29-2016, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Arrow 13 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai Nguyen View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. Have been reading about it on wikipedia recently. Guess this it time to watch this movie
What's most interesting about this film is the truth behind it, what some people tried to make us believe, and the ultimate irresponsibility leading to the human sacrifice. Still today nobody is telling the truth and it's an ongoing tumultuous investigation with efforts made to hide and not helping the cause.
I've read a lot about it, because the film made me look for it. There was an hidden agenda, and the search for it leads to many things that are happening still today...and this coming up fall.

What we know, and what they know, are not in the same line of soundstage.

The film is dynamic, very. ...The search for the truth even more so.
post #1068 of 1146 Old 06-29-2016, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

'Eye in the Sky' ▒▒▒▒

Eye in the Sky is a powerful film, on many aspects of human life. ...And on decision making; the people who decide who lives and who dies.
There is a complexity about it and on the other way a simplicity. ...A complicity.

This is not based on a true story (real facts) like 13 Hours, but it is a very close approach to reality. ...Except for the timing; I doubt that it would have take that long in real life to push the red button.

The technology today is simply amazing; from the miniature insects with cameras and operated by remote control to the accuracy of the drones with their missiles and operated from far far away in small trailers.

Last night I watched it with great interest and glued to the onscreen deployment. It's a great film.
And this morning I woke up early with the news in Turkey, @ the Istanbul airport.
This is eerie, this is more than tragic.

To me films that we can learn from, are much more important than all those super heroes from comic books. There is an addiction with us about super heroes fighting for good causes, and punishing the bad evil. It's all fiction with tons of CGI effects and those effects are what make them even more popular today, because yesterday it wasn't so advanced with what is now possible and used so eloquently.
But! Real life events are much more impacting in their true real effects. It's not about our surround sound systems, our subwoofers, and our 4K front projectors.
It's about the real consequences on human life...dignity, respect and honor.

I rated 13 Hours @ 77, because I don't like camera shaking work...it gives me bad headaches. If it wasn't for that I would have given it 87

Eye in the Sky, I would rate it @ 92
_______

* For me, anything above 65 is worth watching, and anything above 75 needs to be watched. ...The rest is very relative; technicalities on acting, visuals, sounds, music score, synergy.
Example; a film like Sicario, everything gels in place, the atmosphere is palpable...so it hits that threshold of above 90.
And anything above 90 is personal, very much so. There are no rules of measurement for film's ratings on an emotional level.
_______

Back to 'Eye in the Sky'; technically (picture and audio quality), it is well executed overall, among the higher echelons of the cinema ladder today in the year 2016.
Roudan likes this.

Last edited by NorthSky; 06-29-2016 at 03:18 PM.
post #1069 of 1146 Old 07-04-2016, 07:02 PM

For Canada day I watched

and

The first time I watched Passchendaele I really didn't think much of it.
I was expecting more of a WWI war story and it's really a love story set during WWI.
This time through I really enjoyed this.
And after watching Hyena Road, I now count these in my personal classic collection.
Both are well written, some great cinematography and good acting.
Look forward to more from Paul Gross

This movie really surprised me, turned out to be a witty, smart, well done movie.
I was expecting dumb comedy type movie and it's anything but.
Tina Fey did a great job.

Another good surprise!!
Though there are spots where this drags a little, over all was a well done story, kept me watching!!

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII

Last edited by Tiki Steve; 07-04-2016 at 09:32 PM.
post #1070 of 1146 Old 07-04-2016, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

I revisited the remake:

I find the films from the Coen brothers have generally good replay value, True Grit included.
gwsat likes this.
post #1071 of 1146 Old 07-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:

I liked this, an action film, and it had lots of that.

This is a very good movie!!
If you like "disaster films", then you will really enjoy this (I think?!?) I did.
It's Norwegian language with English sub-titles.
Some beautiful scenery and some of the best CGI I have ever seen.
Good story (based on fact), believable characters, good acting.

Steve, the wave has not releases in blu Ray yet? Is it right? Amazon says it will be released in August 16. Did you watch it at theatre?
post #1072 of 1146 Old 07-08-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post
Steve, the wave has not releases in blu Ray yet? Is it right? Amazon says it will be released in August 16. Did you watch it at theatre?
I watched it on BD, from Amazon.ca.
Strange as I see the one I posted says Aug??
Try this one
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(There looks to be a $9 difference between the one out now and the Aug release)

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII
post #1073 of 1146 Old 07-08-2016, 10:02 PM

This was just so so, good cast, but it just never really could connect.
There were some funny parts, but it just seem to canned, forced.

Samsung 60" F8500
Samsung BD-F7500
Pioneer 1024K
PSB Image 8C,5T,2B,Alpha
Polk PSW10 (x 2)
Monster HTS5100mkII
post #1074 of 1146 Old 07-08-2016, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Last night I revisited The Conjuring (2013), a film based on "ghosts".

_______

Ghosts they all come in various forms and @ their own paste and time. The one in that film is not a happy ghost, and cannot rest in his/her bed for eternity; no, he/she has to play games with the kids and their Mom (all girls). ...Dad is not a happy camper; he would rather play with his own toys. ...It's a way of speech; if you saw the film you'll know why.

The film starts without any fanfare; just couple young girls describing a puppet's experience. And then it seems that the game is on to get very boring with that stuff. But the director inflicts some moments of out-of-this world visual activity and sound effects. The music score is phenomenal. But everything took its time to develop and materialize with great impact. The very best review for this film is to experience it, and if your sound system is up to it...so will you. It has that visceral effect, like cutting through your brain with a razor blade.

As for how much the story of that film is true and how much is prefabricated, it's very easy to see. You're free to explore the true story if you want to, but be prepared to read a lot of crap and deceptions. Some folks they just didn't have the full working education in adapting with the reality we live in. ...But the superficial side of it...profits.

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/re.../conjuring.php

Overall (film and technical attributes): 81
Last word(s): That's movie entertainment.

xxxxxx

••• Bonus (that's for the sequel; The Conjuring 2):

http://www.thewrap.com/heres-why-the...ica-civil-war/
http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/07/the-co...n-why-5991797/
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...order-audience

_______

It helps too to know about the film director's previous work. And also to know that The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2 (more are coming too), did very very good @ the box office...yes, big numbers for relatively low budgets. Actually they are among the best ever grossing horror flicks of all time.

If you take the time to read the links, watch the trailers, read some reviews, explore the true stories, ...all that jazz; or you can get extremely bored and quit very fast, or you can get lost in a huge pile of crap. ...The other possibility is that you can be swayed into believing some of it and get addicted...a little.

But no matter what you believe or not, my last word of the film's overall impression is totally honest: That's movie entertainment! ... The Conjuring (2013)
_________

This franchise is doing very well, from the young director of Saw (2004) and Insidious (2011) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013) and Furious 7 (2015) and The Conjuring 2 (2016).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conjuring_(franchise)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wan#Filmography

Last edited by NorthSky; 07-08-2016 at 10:36 PM.
post #1075 of 1146 Old 07-10-2016, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

ID4

Quote:
post #1076 of 1146 Old 07-12-2016, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

I started playing chess @ around age 14-15. And I kept playing more and more through my college years, and it became part of an art apprentissage of the brain (learning strategy, moves, memory). My best friend from the seventies was a champ and participating in tournaments. I have tons of stories about chess, amazing stories. For another time perhaps. I'm not a great player, I just love the game. It's another world, a quiet one. It goes perfectly fine with the arts.

Anyway, couple nights ago I watched Pawn Sacrifice (2014)

"It is based on the true story of Bobby Fischer's challenge against top Soviet chess grandmasters during the Cold War and culminating in the 1972 World Chess Championship match versus Boris Spassky in Reykjavik, Iceland. It was directed by Edward Zwick and written by Steven Knight. The film stars Tobey Maguire as Bobby Fischer, Liev Schreiber as Boris Spassky, Lily Rabe as Joan Fischer, and Peter Sarsgaard as William Lombardy."

It drew me back in my past, in peaceful/concentrated memories. ...In coffee houses where sometimes music was playing live, in hotel halls where my friend was ranked high enough to compete in major tournaments. It's a good film, in particular if you like the game and you played it for many years. But it's quiet; it's not like Deadpool or 13 Hours.

If you like chess you will like this film.
Overall: 79

For people who don't know Bobby Fisher; he is considered the greatest chess grandmaster who ever existed by many other chess masters and grandmasters.
Chess is about strategy, memorization, nerves, brain, coolness, ...all the things to destroy your opponent's king...and your opponent's orientation.
Bobby Fisher was a master @ that art. He melted his opponents in ways that they believed that they had very bad headaches and that they needed to see a doctor!
If you like chess you know some already. And if you don't know much about chess and about Fisher's life: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ndgame/302634/
_______

Last night I have been checking chess moves. No movies, just chess moves, and this morning too. That's how addicting this movie was; it plunged me back where once I was, with the timing clock, speed games, best games reading, all that chess jazz. Movies do that to us sometimes, certainly to me.
I've seen people consumed by chess, but no one like Bobby Fisher. He had zero fear in the game; it's others who feared him.
I've seen in real life mature adults in their forties, fifties, sixties cried like babies after being defeated by kids less than ten-years old!
I've seen grown-up adults walking like zombies totally lost in 'surreality' after losing a chess game. If you are a chess player, or was one, like enough to have been @ it intensively, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you have participated or assisted to some major chess tournaments, you have seen a world of deep internal concentration. ...And the results of what's come with it for some...more or less.
I love golf, I love jazz, I love opera, I love cinema, I love chess.
_______

That second video just above is game number six (1972 tournament), and represented with special emphasis in the film Pawn Sacrifice.
It was the pivotal point of that tournament.

The first video is also an incredible game when Fisher was only 13.
______

In audio (music) we often say it's not the destination, it's the journey. In chess Bobby Fisher was and still is the best (even after he died in January 2008). His chess revolution keeps evolving today.
@ the end was he crazy or paranoid or something else mentally describable? Well, he was not your typical corner street guy. A genius he certainly was.
Let's put it this way; he put chess on the world map like no one else ever, before, during, and after him...to this day.
ellisr63 likes this.
post #1077 of 1146 Old 07-14-2016, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The Purge ,last night in 3D
post #1078 of 1146 Old 07-14-2016, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Or even better : The Conjuring II in 3D. Absolutly AMAZING
post #1079 of 1146 Old 07-14-2016, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Revenant

Quote:
post #1080 of 1146 Old 07-14-2016, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

I watched 'Green Room' last night, in 2D:

That's it, that was the first and last time I saw it. It's about 63 in my cinema book. ...Dark and violent. ... Ku Klux Klan
...Not family oriented.
_______

* R.I.P. Anton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page