Atlas Shrugged III: Who Is John Galt? (2014) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Atlas Shrugged III: Who Is John Galt? (2014)

Yesterday, as the end credits rolled for Atlas Shrugged III: Who Is John Galt? I took a certain satisfaction in having watched all three episodes of the trilogy on their individual "theatrical release limited opening weekends" without once having been tempted to run screaming from the theater (a feat which I was unable to replicate later the same day while watching an off-air tape of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 . . . score one for AS3:WIJG?)

Reading Atlas Shrugged was something of a rite-of-passage during my college years and with Rand's philosophy an iconic--albeit essentially irrelevant--part of my youth, watching the 'big screen interpretation' of the book was basically a 'bucket list' thing!

I found Atlas Shrugged Parts I and II enjoyable enough dramatizations of Rand's positions on politics and economics, and the 'somewhat heavy handed' delivery of her message actually added some (unintentional?) humor . . . but subtlety is entirely absent from Atlas Shrugged Part III, and you get the feeling that the script outline was simply "Cast member states: 'Capitalism good. Government Bad.' Repeat until end of movie." There are some nice scenic shots of mountain ranges, and most of remaining content consists of some slightly juvenile drama that would only be mildly out of place on the Hallmark Channel.

Make sure you do not see this movie by accident, only by conscious decision . . . and you might consider prophylactic consumption of alcohol before you enter the theater!

One and One-half Stars (because even 'decent p0rn' deserves One Star!)

"Could have been much worse!"

_

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

Last edited by SoundChex; Today at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Bummer, I also enjoyed the first two, though my particular fickle finger blame points equally in both directions, plus a few more. I thought that they were well done, though I was disappointed at the complete cast change between the two. I'll check it out anyway, just to form my own opinion I guess.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old Today, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I hope the third continued the tradition of a completely cast.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page