AVS Forum banner

is this a good idea to fix the Spiderman issue?

234 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  d3code 
#1 ·
So Sony has the right to Spiderman, obvioulsy everybody likes Marvel to gain the rights to Spiderman again , to make sure we get the descent spiderman movies we deserve.

however, logical Sony does not let this go easily which is understandable from a business point. so how to fix this?

let Sony give the spiderman movie rights back to marvel. but give sony the marketing rights of Marvel charchters to use for sony products. this way it is a win - win situation for both.

Sony gets more exposure through their products because they can market marvel charchters on their products. Marvel gets extra exposure through this as well.

this way in the longrun i think it is a better deal for both sides. and most of all for us. so we can see better spiderman movies.

what says you?

#2 ·
The problem imo is that it's only an issue for Marvel - Sony doesn't "have" to do anything. I read an article on THR earlier about this very possibility, since apparently both studios contacted each other. The article also mentioned that The Amazing Spider Man 2 failed to meet expectations... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So I checked... It made 202 million in North America for a 700+ million worldwide gross. Now if that's a flop in 2014 then please Sony hire me I'll gladly direct your next turd.

...Back to the point, Sony has already a (very) successful character with Spider Man, and unless Marvel desperately wants it, I don't see why Sony would even consider giving it back. Sony is already in a win-win situation. And the character is still Marvel's.

On a side note I don't understand why people dislike the latest Spideys with Andrew Garfield. They're much better done than Maguire/Raimi's versions but I guess I'm in a minority.

As for "the fans", I'm not sure studios need to worry so much about their "needs", if movies were made the way "fans" want them, most of them would suck anyway. Studios need to worry about two things, making good movies and making money. If the movie is good, "fans" will follow. In that regard, I don't think The Amazing Spider Man 2 was bad by the way.

#3 ·
the first spiderman movie that sony released was great except for the terrible powerranger goblin.
part 2 with Dr octavious was good.
part 3 was a disseaster.

the first Amazing spiderman movie was ok.
the Amazing spiderman part 2 had the best 3D sequence i had ever seen in a movie.

the problem is not with the effects. how Spiderman moves is incredible well done. however storywise it has been terrible. Marvel will do so much more with the charchter. also i have to say i cant thank sony enough for releasing the movies in the first place. thanks to them comic book movies made a huge spalsh. + it saved Marvel in that regard because they had financial troubles. so therefor i will be forever grateful to sony.

but that said. as a fan i know Marvel will do much better with Spiderman then sony will ever do and that is the problem.

so therefor i came up with the above idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.