Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) - June 2017 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #61 of 134 Old 06-06-2017, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
Also, the ice cream scene originated in one of the comic series and has seen a couple incarnations in versions of the WW franchise.
Thanks, I didn't know that but a quick Google search brought up plenty of references.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/1/157...omic-reference

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 134 Old 06-06-2017, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Hi all,

Saw it Thursday night, and I'm seeing it again tomorrow night. Both times will have been in IMAX 3D with a 4K Christie Laser projector. Not without its flaws, but it's the best DC has offered since TDK. Not saying it's better than TDK, but I think overall, just 10% behind. Gal is not only painfully beautiful, but she pretty much delivered exactly what this character required: a multifaceted character that explores all aspects of her being.

It is feminist message heavy, but it isn't in the way that makes you want to rip your ears off. There's actually a pretty good sense of equality throughout, which is really refreshing.

There is some predictable aspects to the story, which were a little too on the nose, but it didn't quell my enjoyment.

The action is pretty fantastic, with a good deal of originality.

Patty deserves a lot of praise and I'd prefer if she took the sceptre from Snyder from here out for the rest of the DCEU. She seems to understand the genre and storytelling much better than he does.

Cinematography is incredible for the most part, to mediocre for a few others. The sound was impressive and I hope it stays that way for the home release.

Overall, I'd say a B+, but after tomorrow, there might be a little wiggle room for an A-.

The IMAX image didn't have black level issues at all. The image had good detail and deep blacks. Sorry to hear about inconsistencies in Dolby Cinema. I stick to IMAX for this very reason. I'm almost always guaranteed a great experience, from a technical standpoint. Once they had the subs off, but I got free tickets because of it.
femi likes this.
post #63 of 134 Old 06-06-2017, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Thanks, I didn't know that but a quick Google search brought up plenty of references.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/1/157...omic-reference
I must admit that I didn't know it from first hand knowledge. I saw an article like the one you linked.

post #64 of 134 Old 06-06-2017, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 731
So everybody here buying the shiny disk when they come out?

I know I am.
Axememan likes this.
post #65 of 134 Old 06-06-2017, 11:14 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Absolutely positively!
post #66 of 134 Old 06-07-2017, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post
The IMAX image didn't have black level issues at all. The image had good detail and deep blacks.
Did you pay any attention to things like where the black floor was in the 2.35:1 images during the opening star field scene or the campfire scene versus the black bars? I went to an IMAX 3D showing in Bellevue, WA and it had the same raised blacks as the Dolby Cinema showing I went to. The raised blacks were clearly in the source material as they weren't even close to the bars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post
Sorry to hear about inconsistencies in Dolby Cinema. I stick to IMAX for this very reason. I'm almost always guaranteed a great experience, from a technical standpoint.
One of the "problems" with Dolby Cinema is that it is capable of deeper blacks than the digital IMAX projectors, so when the source doesn't allow those deep blacks it is more disappointing.

--Darin
post #67 of 134 Old 06-07-2017, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

I know I am.
The debate for me will be 4K or 3D? I typically prefer 3D (when it's done well, and not for its own sake), but 4K/UHD has made the decision-making process a little more complicated

As for the movie itself, I think Gal being a foreign (i.e. non-Western) actress helped quite a bit in shaping the "fish out of water" scenario. Her innocence/naiveté/optimism felt very natural to me. Patty used Gal's strengths to great effect; she's exceedingly beautiful, obviously, so I'm glad Patty didn't feel the need to beat us over the head with that fact.

The first two acts felt fresh, while the final act fell into your typical comic-book hero, CGI-heavy action-fest. There were portions I felt the CGI looked cringe-worthy fake, the ones involving some of Gal's stunts, in particular. There were some pacing issues (too much exposition at the start), but the film is fairly balanced for the most part. Patty did a wonderful job directing - allowing the characters to carry the story, and not the other way around, which is always difficult in these type of movies.
post #68 of 134 Old 06-07-2017, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
The debate for me will be 4K or 3D? I typically prefer 3D (when it's done well, and not for its own sake), but 4K/UHD has made the decision-making process a little more complicated
Might need to wait for the reviews before deciding.

I agree with what you're saying about Gal. Additional, we haven't seen her in so many movies that it's actor playing another part. It could be real.
post #69 of 134 Old 06-08-2017, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
That's not even a debate I guess I'll settle for the 4K version, this is a long-term investment

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
post #70 of 134 Old 06-08-2017, 10:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 661
I was complaining earlier of the high black level for WW in Dolby Cinema and then digital IMAX 3D, and for Alien: Covenant before that.

I went to see The Mummy in digital IMAX 3D tonight and this might be the worst I've ever seen for a high encoded black level. Those projectors must be capable of so much more, especially since the bars above and below the movie were significantly darker. They could have turned the lights on in the theater and not made the black much worse.

If there is one person in Hollywood who is encoding these movies and choosing horrible blacks I hope they get fired. Maybe they are doing the encodes while they eat their lunch with all the lights on in the room.

I wonder if the Dolby Cinema version of The Mummy is just as bad.

I hope the horror movie It Comes At Night isn't encoded the same way.

--Darin
post #71 of 134 Old 06-11-2017, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgb View Post
Yeah, never understood why they couldn't replicate the quality of the Dark Knight Nolan films....

Because Nolan's approach is WRONG when it comes to Superman and the greater Justice League.

With Batman, because he is fully human and rooted in those limitations, you can make an excellent Batman franchise that is grounded and realistic. You can even deconstruct superhero tropes and make it work.

But with Superman, you can't do that. With Superman, you must REVEL in the tropes of the genre. You must embrace them fully and emphasize the more fantastic elements of the genre to get the feel right. What they tried to do with Man of Steel and with Batman v Superman was transport characters like Superman and Doomsday into a Nolan-esque, ultra grounded setting and it didn't work. Why Wonder Woman worked is precisely because they fully embraced her mythological and fantastical origins and themes. Though the world around Diana was very gray and realistic, Diana herself contrasted starkly by her very enthusiasm and unflappable heroism. She embodied the very essence of the superhero in her film. Her powers were on full display and not muted to "ground" her in the real world. The end result was the Wonder Woman movie that comic book fans had always wanted.

Now that Nolan is no longer producer, David Goyer no longer head writer and Geoff Johns guiding the ship, I feel the DCEU can finally cast off the chains which bound it in mediocrity and finally FLY, as superhero films were meant to.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #72 of 134 Old 06-11-2017, 11:20 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Meanwhile, on the pecuniary interest front.....

"While Universal's release of The Mummy starring Tom Cruise is the #1 movie worldwide, it fell short of its anticipated mark domestically. The Cruise-led feature had to settle for second place, finishing nearly $25 million shy of Wonder Woman's second weekend, as the DC Comics adaptation enjoyed a #1 finish at the weekend box office for a second week in a row.

With an estimated $57 million, Warner Bros. and DC Comics' release of Wonder Woman finished atop the weekend box office for a second week in a row as its domestic cume now totals more than $205 million after just ten days in release. The performance signals a 45% drop compared to the film's massive $103 million debut last weekend. Just to put that drop in perspective, recent DC Films saw significantly larger second weekend dips as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice fell 69% in its second weekend, Suicide Squad dropped 67% and Man of Steel dipped 65%.......

Internationally, Wonder Woman added $58.1 million from 57 markets, brining its international cume to $230.2 million for a global tally that now tops $435 million. The film debuts in Germany next week followed by Spain (June 23) and Japan in August."

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4299&p=.htm
Mr.G likes this.
post #73 of 134 Old 06-11-2017, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp View Post
Did you pay any attention to things like where the black floor was in the 2.35:1 images during the opening star field scene or the campfire scene versus the black bars? I went to an IMAX 3D showing in Bellevue, WA and it had the same raised blacks as the Dolby Cinema showing I went to. The raised blacks were clearly in the source material as they weren't even close to the bars.
One of the "problems" with Dolby Cinema is that it is capable of deeper blacks than the digital IMAX projectors, so when the source doesn't allow those deep blacks it is more disappointing.

--Darin
Hi Darin,

I watched it again, and only noticed elevated blacks during the night scenes, but the lighting was solid enough that it wasn't as distracting as other films I've experienced. Not saying it couldn't be better, but that it wasn't so horrible in the IMAX I was in. This IMAX is an old 70mm auditorium.

David Budo
post #74 of 134 Old 06-12-2017, 06:22 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
Because Nolan's approach is WRONG when it comes to Superman and the greater Justice League.

With Batman, because he is fully human and rooted in those limitations, you can make an excellent Batman franchise that is grounded and realistic. You can even deconstruct superhero tropes and make it work.

But with Superman, you can't do that. With Superman, you must REVEL in the tropes of the genre. You must embrace them fully and emphasize the more fantastic elements of the genre to get the feel right. What they tried to do with Man of Steel and with Batman v Superman was transport characters like Superman and Doomsday into a Nolan-esque, ultra grounded setting and it didn't work. Why Wonder Woman worked is precisely because they fully embraced her mythological and fantastical origins and themes. Though the world around Diana was very gray and realistic, Diana herself contrasted starkly by her very enthusiasm and unflappable heroism. She embodied the very essence of the superhero in her film. Her powers were on full display and not muted to "ground" her in the real world. The end result was the Wonder Woman movie that comic book fans had always wanted.

Now that Nolan is no longer producer, David Goyer no longer head writer and Geoff Johns guiding the ship, I feel the DCEU can finally cast off the chains which bound it in mediocrity and finally FLY, as superhero films were meant to.
Nice analysis!

You either "get" superhero-ism or you don't

Your commentary highlights why I never really "got into" Superman (comics, various TV incarnations) other than the 50's Reeves as a toddler and the 70's Reeves (Superman 1 and 2 at least). Too infallible, too powerful and invincible, too many powers- basically the sum total capability of all other heroes with super human capabilities. How do you make a compelling story around that without continously resorting to other Krypton natives or derivatives and Kryptonite? I find the current Thor incarnation the equivalent (alien from a distant planet), but makes for better stories. I'm one of the few that liked the Green Lantern Reynolds movie, as more sci-fi tech related source of power and backstory.

I tend to like the heros that are either 100% human or with reasonable power limits + tech add ons- Batman, Green Arrow, Iron Man, Daredevil, even the Spiderman's of the world, with mechanical web shooters, not the Toby-esque genetic mutation wrist. Just somewhat stronger, more agile, well trained, etc. Basically Bond/Indy type heros or with some fluke enhancement.

Last edited by Rgb; 06-12-2017 at 06:35 AM.
post #75 of 134 Old 06-12-2017, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgb View Post
Nice analysis!

You either "get" superhero-ism or you don't

Your commentary highlights why I never really "got into" Superman (comics, various TV incarnations) other than the 50's Reeves as a toddler and the 70's Reeves (Superman 1 and 2 at least). Too infallible, too powerful and invincible, too many powers- basically the sum total capability of all other heroes with super human capabilities. How do you make a compelling story around that without continously resorting to other Krypton natives or derivatives and Kryptonite? I find the current Thor incarnation the equivalent (alien from a distant planet), but makes for better stories. I'm one of the few that liked the Green Lantern Reynolds movie, as more sci-fi tech related source of power and backstory.

I tend to like the heros that are either 100% human or with reasonable power limits + tech add ons- Batman, Green Arrow, Iron Man, Daredevil, even the Spiderman's of the world, with mechanical web shooters, not the Toby-esque genetic mutation wrist. Just somewhat stronger, more agile, well trained, etc. Basically Bond/Indy type heros or with some fluke enhancement.
Superman is an interesting case. He is a cosmic level hero so he shoukd be handling cosmic level threats, like Green Lantern or the Silver Surfer. But because he loves his adopted Earth and humanity so much, he chooses to stay close to home and tackle the smaller issues.

So as a consequence, the vast majority of the foes that Superman faces are no threat to him. They arent supposed to be. Supermans theme is that he embodies hope and hope should be unfailing.

Supermans challenges lie in balancing his secret identity, his love life and his hero persona. It lies in him keeping his true identity a secret, and the shenannigans that result when he is at risk of being exposed.

It lies in him trying to protect and care for the ones he loves while also being a shephard of all humanity. One of Superman's major flaws is that he cannot be everywhere at once, but often his attention is demanded in many places simultaneously. How does he solve this delimma? There is a reason why his nemesis is a genius rather than a bruiser on his own physical level, because Lex Luther can conceive of schemes that play on Supermans emotions and weaknesses. "There is a nuclear bomb set to go off in New Deli. Even with your speed and vision, it will take some time to find and dispose of it. And your pal Jimmy Olsen is exactly 2 minutes away from being executed. I will not tell you where. Who to save Kal El? You must choose. Hundreds of thousands of Hindu lives or your pal little Jimmy. Let us see if you are truly as selfless as the media claims you to be." THAT is how you challenge Superman.

And occasionally he will fail. Lets say he saves Jimmy inside the 2 minutes, theb flies at top speed to New Deli and searches the entire town in seconds, but fails to find the bomb. Luther lied. The bomb explodes in a small town outside of Bangaledesh. Only a thousand are killed. But now Superman is rocked with guilt that he took the time to save the life of his pal and others suffered for his selfishness. His confidence shaken, he now must face condemnation at the hands of the media.

SUPEMAN FAILS TO STOP BOMB IN INDIA. HUNDREDS DEAD.

That's when you hit Superman with a Kryptonian or alien overlord like Doomsday which Superman now has to face with shaken confidence in his abilities. But by the end of the battle, his dedication to protect humanity is reaffirmed and humanities confidence in his ability to protect them is restored.

There are ways of breaking a godlike being, even when you cannot pierce their flesh or break their bones.
David F and Mikazaru like this.

post #76 of 134 Old 06-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 223
...and the 2-places-at-once dilemma gets old as fast as the YAKF (Yet Another Kryptonian Foe) meme...

Yes, even the Joker did the simultaneous dilemma thing in TDK, but that Joker will be tough to best in cinema
post #77 of 134 Old 06-19-2017, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

'Cars 3' Speeds to Weekend #1 as 'Wonder Woman' Tops $570M Worldwide

Quote:
Second place belongs to Wonder Woman, which dropped a mere 30% for an outstanding $40.7 million, which puts its domestic cume just shy of $275 million. This is the second largest third weekend ever for WB, just behind the $42.6 million for The Dark Knight and ahead of the $35.7 million for The Dark Knight Rises. Additionally, the film went into the weekend outpacing Man of Steel after 14 days in release and it is also now overtaken Suicide Squad, which had grossed $262.4 million after 17 days, which is impressive to say the least considering Wonder Woman debuted with $62.7 million less than Suicide Squad. If you'd like to drill deeper, you can compare all four of the DC Extended Universe titles right here.

Internationally, Wonder Woman delivered an estimated $39.5 million from 62 markets, bringing the international cume to $297.2 million, pushing the film's worldwide total to $571.8 million. This puts Wonder Woman's international cume ahead of films such as The Wolverine ($282.2m), Thor ($268.2m) and Iron Man ($266.7m). Openings this weekend included an estimated $3.2 million debut in Germany, a $982k opening in the Netherlands and a $810k release in Norway.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4300&p=.htm
RUR likes this.

post #78 of 134 Old 06-21-2017, 11:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post
Thought it was a very good movie, though the dialog between Pine and Gadot in the last act could've been better, with less spluttering by Pine. Still, everyone was clapping after the end.

The Justice League teaser or trailer or whatever the heck it was, shown before WW began, left me cold.
Lots of spluttering throughout between Pine and Gadot. I give the movie a B- but it is the best DC movie since Nolan's TDK which isn't saying a ton.

Bad: See spluttering above. Characters who don't seem to do anything -- perhaps their stories are on the cutting room floor. Pine's character was frustrating and seemed to make decisions only to advance the plot. Fairly boring and useless first act. Fight scene towards the end that seems similar to Superman v. Zod -- just a bunch of huge events that don't make much sense.

Good: Gadot is perfectly cast. Filmed very well. Gadot's fight scenes with humans done very well. Lots of work on costumes and scenes to make it look like WWI. Really good WW theme music.

A movie you could see again if you had the ability to ff through bad parts. The Marvel films have more of an easy going nature to them and their characters seem like people you'd like to see again. Not so with DC which is too overblown.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #79 of 134 Old 06-24-2017, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Another day and another milestone. This time for director Patty Jenkins.

Quote:
With at least $615 million worldwide, it has surpassed the global gross of Phyllida Lloyd’s Mamma Mia!, which earned $609m in 2008 (and sans 3D). That means Wonder Woman is the biggest-grossing live-action movie ever from a solo female director. And once it gets past $665m, it’ll best Jennifer Yuh Nelson’s (still awesome) Kung Fu Panda 2 to be the biggest movie ever from a solo female director. I’m not counting Frozen ($1.2 billion) because it was directed both by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck. In terms of domestic milestones, it passed Catherine Hardwicke’s (still charming) Twilight ($191m in 2008) ages ago, but once it hits $309m it will have the adjusted record too, besting Amy Heckerling’s Look Who’s Talking ($140m in 1989/$308m in 2017).
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#59dfe5c63978

post #80 of 134 Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Warner signed Jenkins for this one movie only. She's gonna get paid paid when they beg her to direct the next installment.
post #81 of 134 Old 06-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Another day and another milestone. This time for director Patty Jenkins.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#59dfe5c63978
Are you all cool with this constant mention of the director's gender? Just thinking out loud...

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Grumpy-ol-man is so last century term. There is Viagra, go have a life again!
post #82 of 134 Old 06-24-2017, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberlogy View Post
Are you all cool with this constant mention of the director's gender? Just thinking out loud...
Given the small number of female directors and the fact that superheroes are usually "male-territory", I'd say yes, it's worth mentioning. When there are more and more of them, it will be less significant, but for now, the movie is kind of making history in large part because it's good, it's very successful, it's directed by a female and the lead character is a female, in a genre otherwise dominated by testosterone...
post #83 of 134 Old 06-24-2017, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1934 Post(s)
Liked: 2839
Watched it in a regular theater. Excellent overall production with a just a couple of sloppy edits; period Selfridge's was a nice touch.

As mentioned audio quality was superb. Didn't enjoy vertical banding that occasionally appeared on scenes with a white background; later read on thread it was a film recording.

Punk seated in same row lit his cell phone one to many times, so he was tossed. Will pass on the sequel w/Aflac.

Last edited by bmcn; 06-24-2017 at 02:47 PM.
post #84 of 134 Old 06-24-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
Given the small number of female directors and the fact that superheroes are usually "male-territory", I'd say yes, it's worth mentioning. When there are more and more of them, it will be less significant, but for now, the movie is kind of making history in large part because it's good, it's very successful, it's directed by a female and the lead character is a female, in a genre otherwise dominated by testosterone...
I've got nothing against the story or the lead role but the inconsistency by the organizations that promote equal treatment is hard not to notice.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Grumpy-ol-man is so last century term. There is Viagra, go have a life again!
post #85 of 134 Old 06-25-2017, 11:12 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

'Wonder Woman' Surpasses 'Batman v Superman' Domestically

"As for WB's Wonder Woman, it continues to live up to its protagonist's name, dropping only 39% in its fourth weekend in release. The film is now just shy of $320 million domestically and is now out-pacing all three of the previous DC Extended Universe releases as it now passes Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which had brought in $311.3 million after the same number of days in release. To that point, Wonder Woman has already outgrossed the entire domestic run for Man of Steel, is ~$7 million away from outgrossing the domestic run for Suicide Squad and will surpass Batman v Superman's $330.4 million run over the next few days, which will make it the third largest DC Comics adaptation domestically, behind only The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Internationally, Wonder Woman brought in an estimated $20.5 million from 65 markets as the overseas cume currently stands at $334.5 million. The film is still behind the three previous DC releases internationally, but it is just $42.5 million behind Man of Steel. This weekend it released in Spain where it brought in an estimated $2.2 million and it still has yet to be released in Japan, where it will premiere on August 25. Overall, Wonder Woman has now topped $635 million worldwide as it currently stands as the sixth largest DC Comics adaptation of all-time worldwide."

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4301&p=.htm
post #86 of 134 Old 06-26-2017, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberlogy View Post
It's an important milestone sure. But I think at this juncture the emphasis should be focussed on her talent rather than upon her gender.

post #87 of 134 Old 06-26-2017, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUR View Post
'Wonder Woman' Surpasses 'Batman v Superman' Domestically

"As for WB's Wonder Woman, it continues to live up to its protagonist's name, dropping only 39% in its fourth weekend in release. The film is now just shy of $320 million domestically and is now out-pacing all three of the previous DC Extended Universe releases as it now passes Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which had brought in $311.3 million after the same number of days in release. To that point, Wonder Woman has already outgrossed the entire domestic run for Man of Steel, is ~$7 million away from outgrossing the domestic run for Suicide Squad and will surpass Batman v Superman's $330.4 million run over the next few days, which will make it the third largest DC Comics adaptation domestically, behind only The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Internationally, Wonder Woman brought in an estimated $20.5 million from 65 markets as the overseas cume currently stands at $334.5 million. The film is still behind the three previous DC releases internationally, but it is just $42.5 million behind Man of Steel. This weekend it released in Spain where it brought in an estimated $2.2 million and it still has yet to be released in Japan, where it will premiere on August 25. Overall, Wonder Woman has now topped $635 million worldwide as it currently stands as the sixth largest DC Comics adaptation of all-time worldwide."

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4301&p=.htm
And movie studios always used to think female lead superhero movies wouldnt sell. They just had to have the right heroine and a good script. I wonder how foolish all the studios feel now knowing they left this resource untapped for so long....

post #88 of 134 Old 06-26-2017, 06:52 AM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
And movie studios always used to think female lead superhero movies wouldnt sell. They just had to have the right heroine and a good script. I wonder how foolish all the studios feel now knowing they left this resource untapped for so long....
Next checkpoint: Captain Marvel, March 2019
post #89 of 134 Old 06-26-2017, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. As a husband and father to two grown daughters I feel a certain satisfaction when a female is successful in a predominantly male field.

post #90 of 134 Old 06-26-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. As a husband and father to two grown daughters I feel a certain satisfaction when a female is successful in a predominantly male field.
That's fine and dandy. I was referring to the inconsistent actions from those who are all for equal treatment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page