Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) - June 2017 - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #121 of 134 Old 09-29-2017, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Her last quote basically say's JC can't have an opinion because he's not female. Not exactly an enlighted comment.
I find it hard to take any director seriously in their criticism of a film who's great days of filmmaking go back at least 20 years to T2: Judgement Day. When your only contributions as a director to film in the last 15 years was nothing more then a stupid cowboys and Indians film on visual crack you probably should shut the hell up on criticizing any other movie as to whether it is breaking new ground. James Cameron has sucked for decades as a filmmaker. I could be kind and give him that Titanic was alright, but truthfully his heyday as a director and storyteller goes back to the mid to late 1980's.
Wonder Woman did harken back to the greatest film IMO about superheroes, which is of course Richard Donner's Superman films. Perhaps it was a bit nostaligic, but it also is a film set back in time. James Cameron is a dud.
jeahrens and Mr.G like this.

Sony XBR65X930C / Sony UBP-X800 / Toshiba HD-A3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Onkyo TX-NR807 / Paradigm CC-190/Paradigm Titan Monitor V5/Paradigm Atom Monitor V5/ JBL Studio L8400P 12-Inch Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 134 Old 10-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

I didn't spend much time reading this debate before posting my opinion above. Mainly because I had come over here to post the idiocy of James Cameron's statements, only to find it's been ongoing here already. I harvest deep deep anger at James Cameron in general, so I'm admittedly biased any time I see him make comments. I will never forgive him for being my favorite director in my younger years, and making me wait for over a decade for a movie that I had so built up in my head to be amazing, only to find myself walking out of the theater about halfway through.

But am I to take from Cameron's comments that he somehow thinks Linda Hamilton was not a sex object ? Since when? Linda Hamilton in her youth was a goddess, and transitioned into a smoking hot cougar in her later years.

Truth be told, in another timeline Linda Hamilton would have been a smoking hot kick ass WW.

Last edited by goksucats; 10-01-2017 at 10:33 PM.
post #123 of 134 Old 10-02-2017, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5118 Post(s)
Liked: 11788
Watched this last night. I liked it. That Gal is quite the looker.

post #124 of 134 Old 10-02-2017, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by goksucats View Post
I didn't spend much time reading this debate before posting my opinion above. Mainly because I had come over here to post the idiocy of James Cameron's statements, only to find it's been ongoing here already. I harvest deep deep anger at James Cameron in general, so I'm admittedly biased any time I see him make comments. I will never forgive him for being my favorite director in my younger years, and making me wait for over a decade for a movie that I had so built up in my head to be amazing, only to find myself walking out of the theater about halfway through.

But am I to take from Cameron's comments that he somehow thinks Linda Hamilton was not a sex object ? Since when? Linda Hamilton in her youth was a goddess, and transitioned into a smoking hot cougar in her later years.

Truth be told, in another timeline Linda Hamilton would have been a smoking hot kick ass WW.
So, which movie did you walk out on?
post #125 of 134 Old 10-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
So, which movie did you walk out on?
Avatar. The special effects were beautiful. It's too bad the story was so awful.

Sony XBR65X930C / Sony UBP-X800 / Toshiba HD-A3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Onkyo TX-NR807 / Paradigm CC-190/Paradigm Titan Monitor V5/Paradigm Atom Monitor V5/ JBL Studio L8400P 12-Inch Sub
post #126 of 134 Old 10-02-2017, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3043 Post(s)
Liked: 4209
Quote:

You are obviously going to take what you will from it. As a director, he pisses me off too. But if you actually read what he says, he's basically rolling his eyes over the backslapping the producers of WW did over the "strong woman role model" ideal that they think they came up with, when she's actually no better or worse than any sexualized female role that's come before or after WW. He isn't criticizing the movie as much as he he is criticizing the producers misplaced pride.

They DID cast the unbelievably hot Gal as WW, but they apparently passed over Rosie O'Donnell. Just like the producers of Thor passed over Steve Buscemi for the role of Thor. This really isn't hard.
goksucats likes this.
post #127 of 134 Old 10-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You are obviously going to take what you will from it. As a director, he pisses me off too. But if you actually read what he says, he's basically rolling his eyes over the backslapping the producers of WW did over the "strong woman role model" ideal that they think they came up with, when she's actually no better or worse than any sexualized female role that's come before or after WW. He isn't criticizing the movie as much as he he is criticizing the producers misplaced pride.

They DID cast the unbelievably hot Gal as WW, but they apparently passed over Rosie O'Donnell. Just like the producers of Thor passed over Steve Buscemi for the role of Thor. This really isn't hard.
Well, there is the fact that Rosie can't act. But I get what you're saying, and Steve Buscemi is a fantastic actor, far better then Chris Hemsworth could ever dream of being. I think for me it's more the insinuation that he, himself is above that. When in fact, Linda Hamilton is god damn beautiful. Every bit as much as Gal Gadot.

post #128 of 134 Old 10-04-2017, 03:22 PM

There has to be repercussions for bringing up Rosie O in a Wonder Woman thread. Said persons need to buy us each a 12 pack o' beer so we can wash that image away.

post #129 of 134 Old 10-04-2017, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, there is the fact that Rosie can't act. But I get what you're saying, and Steve Buscemi is a fantastic actor, far better then Chris Hemsworth could ever dream of being. I think for me it's more the insinuation that he, himself is above that. When in fact, Linda Hamilton is god damn beautiful. Every bit as much as Gal Gadot.

I think that's more the norm than not when it comes to "big" Hollywood people. Male or female. Get some yespeople to follow you around for a few years and you start to believe your own bull****.
post #130 of 134 Old 10-04-2017, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
There has to be repercussions for bringing up Rosie O in a Wonder Woman thread. Said persons need to buy us each a 12 pack o' beer so we can wash that image away.

Hah, no! You see, I foisted her on you. Sweet dreams! Now I can sleep.
post #131 of 134 Old 10-05-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Hah, no! You see, I foisted her on you. Sweet dreams! Now I can sleep.
I've been foisted.

post #132 of 134 Old 10-05-2017, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I've been foisted.

shivaji likes this.
post #133 of 134 Old 10-06-2017, 10:51 AM
sb1
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Rented it. Liked it. Could have used about 50 less slow motion jumping scenes.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #134 of 134 Old 10-15-2017, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Wonder Woman 2 Begins Shooting Summer 2018.

Quote:
We've long been hearing that Wonder Woman 2 will be another period piece that takes place in the 1980s, with Princess Diana squaring off against a Soviet threat. That has seemingly been confirmed today by a new production listing. It also confirms the shooting start date.
http://movieweb.com/wonder-woman-2-p...e-summer-2018/

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page