AVS Forum banner

In an Era of Streaming, Cinema Is Under Attack

334 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sb1 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Hate to say it but cinema is their own worst enemy.

I can either pay up to $12 a ticket, not get the best seating, suffer through many adverts, stupid shows and promos, have to listen others blabbing and/or blabbing on their phones, get ripped off buying anything or I can spend $16 for the BD (less, maybe for Netflix/Amazon Prime) and get all the comforts of home whilst doing so, without having to leave home.

Now why would I want to go out again?....

Seggers

Reactions: steve1106 and sb1
#4 ·
Not to mention, often times we have better audio and piq quality in our home theater systems. Movie theaters are pretty much last century technology.

#5 ·
When Hollywood starts making better movies I'll go see them. The quality of movies in recent years has proven to me that it's too risky to devote the time/money to go see a movie at the theater. If I have to suffer through a crappy film I'd like to know it didn't cost that much and I can switch movies from the comfort of my chair. Which sucks, because I actually like the theater experience (with a good movie).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.