OFFICIAL The Matrix: Reloaded review thread (be advised: SPOILERS inside) - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #421 of 430 Old 09-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Refering to the endless Biblical references of the first movie, it occured to me that maybe Neo is the real-life savior.

The return of Jesus Christ himself.

That is why he is able to perform "miracles" in the real world. No need for a "matrix" in a "matrix". The architect notices the "differences" between Neo and the other anomolies. Maybe the architect forgot or discounted the Christian mythology, which the brothers decided to make the basis of the entire Matrix movies?

I didn't think this through completely but it is a thought that occcured to me after watching the revolutions trailer (and the blue sky really surprised me. I think Revolutions is going to be awesome!).

The Idiot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 430 Old 09-30-2003, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Please place all speculation and posts regarding Revolutions in the new, official thread. Thanks!

OFFICIAL Matrix: Revolutions speculation thread (Spoilers!)
post #423 of 430 Old 10-01-2003, 10:47 AM

Matrix reloaded dvd reviews are popping up all over today due to studio restriction of reviews popping up bfore october 1st.

Apparently the video is squeaky clean

"You can say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one."
--- John Lennon
post #424 of 430 Old 10-01-2003, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just a note: Members who wish to post their own review of the DVD should start a new thread. This thread is only for discussing the movie, thanks!
post #425 of 430 Old 10-27-2003, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Has anyone pointed out the Merovingian's comments in response to Persephone's betrayal? I'm speaking specifically of the scene where he confronts her, Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, and the Keymaker in the Chateau...right after she refers to the location of the lipstick. ;)

If I remember correctly, he says something to the effect of, "HMMMMPH! It is only a game! Just a game!"

I always thought that was interesting, especially in light of everyone's speculation about the nature of the matrix, what will happen, etc.

A "game?" Hmmmm.

Thoughts?
post #426 of 430 Old 10-27-2003, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by hdtv_moron
Refering to the endless Biblical references of the first movie, it occured to me that maybe Neo is the real-life savior.

The return of Jesus Christ himself.
Nope. Neo's not Jewish.

But, then, maybe "Anderson" is a stage name.
post #427 of 430 Old 10-27-2003, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

I thought about that "Game" comment alot also. I think my worst fear is that the end of Revolutions is going to be some people sitting around a game console in the future playing a game called the matrix, in which all the movies have taken place.

Seriously though, I think his comment about the game aspect refers to what the Archetect said about there being 5 versions of "the one" before Neo. I think that all the programs in the Matrix know about the past but people don't. Which is weird because if the "one" is a recurring anamoly wouldn't neo know about the previous matrix's. I don't know.

I do agree with other peoples theories about there being a Matrix inside of a Matrix. That the real world is actually another Matrix. I mean its the only way to explain Neo's powers at the end of Reloaded. Plus, is it possible for a program (Smith) to implant itself into a human body unless it is governed by another program? A program can't survive outside the system. It has to have something else to connect to, like another program or another Matrix. (The Real World).

You could so far to say that maybe Neo is in a way "the matrix" himself. He does have the ability to control machines outside the Known matrix now. I am also trying to figure out what happened at the end of Reloaded to allow him the ability to "feel" machines.

I just want to see the movie. I'm tired of speculation.

Brian

PC Load Letter...What the **** does that mean!?
post #428 of 430 Old 10-27-2003, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 38
:D....I feel so green. It took a second viewing to realize exactly what Merovingian did to the blond in the restaurant. I thought she was poisoned initially. Only when Persephone told him his "face" was'nt kissed, did it register. Don't tell anyone I did'nt know...

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #429 of 430 Old 10-27-2003, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I took the "game" comment to mean that since they were living a in a fake reality, his indiscretions were all part of a game. It wasn't real. But to Persephone, it feels real (his unfaithfulness) and it hurts. On the other hand, that was the point of the Merovingian's speech. It doesn't matter if it is real or not. What matters is how it feels. So his rationalization is undermined by what he said to Neo & co. and Persephone knows this. Notice how Persephone says "I'm sick of all his ********" in the bathroom downstairs.
post #430 of 430 Old 10-28-2003, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by rezzy
:D....I feel so green. It took a second viewing to realize exactly what Merovingian did to the blond in the restaurant. I thought she was poisoned initially. Only when Persephone told him his "face" was'nt kissed, did it register. Don't tell anyone I did'nt know...
You just did!!! :D

That's why Persephone told The Merovingian's stooges that they would find him in the Ladies room.
Closed Thread Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page