AVS Forum banner

Russell Crowe movies?

1K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  shivaji 
#1 · (Edited)

Robin Hood (2010)

I was goin through my DVDs & BDs recently and noticed I had several films starring Mr. Crowe, including Gladiator, Master and Commander, and Robin Hood. So I guess I must like his acting. Wondered if anyone else has had a similar revelation, and could recommend some other recent Crowe flicks.

See less See more
#3 ·
I love those 3 movies. I would add The Insider to the list, a fantastic film with Pacino and him at their best. And a mesmerizing soundtrack.

I also like American Gangster, Body Of Lies, of course L.A. Confidential... I guess I'm a fan. :)

For me Russell Crowe is one fo those actors who can truly carry and even elevate a mediocre film to something rather enjoyable (Proof Of Life, Noah).

Reactions: ADU and shivaji
#7 ·
For me Russell Crowe is one fo those actors who can truly carry and even elevate a mediocre film to something rather enjoyable (Proof Of Life, Noah).
Well put. And I agree.

Watched a bit of Robin Hood last night, and some of Master & Commander this morning while getting ready for work. And I think he also brings a little bit of an "everyman" quality to his roles, which makes them more relatable.

I'm not sayin he's a bad-lookin dude. Be he's got some rough edges... like most of us. And even when he's playin the captain of a warship, he still comes across as a guy you wouldn't mind having a beer or game of darts with in a pub. I have greater difficulty relating to some of the other "prettier" leading men these days. (Will Ferrell might be another exception. :) )

I saw Noah on Blu-ray as well, not too long ago. Still not sure what I think of it, and wouldn't mind hearing some other opinions. Proof of Life is another pretty decent little film that I used to own on DVD, and had completely forgotten about. I enjoyed Meg in that as well.

A Beautiful Mind is also good. Haven't seen that one mentioned yet. Many thanks for all the suggestions so far.

#14 ·
Regarding revelations, I had similar with Gerard Butler. I think he's a bit under the radar in a lot of stuff. London Has Fallen is dope af, Chasing Mavericks is amazing, not to mention 300.

Sent From A Payphone Under A Bridge

Reactions: ADU
#19 ·
I still keep hoping for a Master & Commander series, but I guess that is out of the question considering the difficulty reported with the filming of that movie.

I could stand a lot more of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.