post #31 of 40 Old 09-15-2017, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchabby View Post
saw this on the weekend and didnt really do much for me. should have maybe had a little less gore and been released as a kids movie, wouldve made more sense.

Best part of the experience was when someone in the audience released a red balloon in the middle of the movie which floated up to the ceiling !
LOL That must have been funny. Were people laughing? I remember one day I went to go see Halloween H2O with my friends and one of the friends took a Micheal Myers Mask. During the movie he went outside and came back in wearing the mask. Everyone in the Theater couldn't stop laughing for like 10min. One of my more memorable days at the movies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 09-15-2017, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 111
By the way saw (IT) at a Dolby Cinema and the Atmos mix was fabulous. One of my top Atmos mixes at the theater. It also had lots of dynamics as most horror films do. Lots of overhead imaging. A must see if sound mixing is your thing. In an Atmos theater of course, preferably a Dolby Cinema if possible.

The movie was fun. The kids had good chemistry and they were cast well. Highly recommended.
post #33 of 40 Old 09-16-2017, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 909
This thing is doing amazing business at the box office. I hope I can see it soon!
BornSlippyZ likes this.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.

post #34 of 40 Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5098 Post(s)
Liked: 11765
Just saw this at the IMAX. Bill Skarsgård nails Pennywise. The audio was great too. Use of surrounds created a really creepy atmosphere. A few times I had to look down my aisle, thought there was something there. If going to see this, I recommend the MAX. Really looking forward to chapter 2.
BornSlippyZ likes this.

post #35 of 40 Old 09-17-2017, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked: 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Just saw this at the IMAX. Bill Skarsgård nails Pennywise. The audio was great too. Use of surrounds created a really creepy atmosphere. A few times I had to look down my aisle, thought there was something there. If going to see this, I recommend the MAX. Really looking forward to chapter 2.

Cool!
I wish I saw it at the IMAX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36 of 40 Old 09-18-2017, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My girl and I were extremely excited to see. She told me about it months before it came out. We counted the days.

Unfortunately I was disappointed by this though when I saw it.

For me in order of best to worst it now goes :

It (Stephen King book)
It (90's mini series)
It (2017 film)

I guess I was spoiled by the book, in which of course the town of Derry and the group of kids are fully explained and well fleshed out. The fictional town of Derry, Maine is immersive in the book and nearly as focused upon as the events of the story.

The 90's movie I thought, despite it's faults, did have an eerieness to it and did feel like a story in a small town that could really exist, and the group of kids did have chemistry.

This new movie to me misses all of that. The clown us excellent. But the town seems like it could be anywhere USA there is none of the atmosphere of the book and 90's film.

And the characters seemed all wrong. Beverly Marsh isn't supposed to get some cool girl. Richie Tozier was supposed to be full of personality and jokes and pranks. I don't think Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things was a great choice to play him. Bill Denbrough was supposed to be the tough cool good guy that the gang looks up to. Instead he was as shakey and nervous and sickly looking as Eddie K in this new movie. And Eddie Kasprak in the book and 90's film was really nerdy sickly and hounded by his overbearing mom. In this new movie they barely glossed over that.

Stephen King did praise this movie but was also quoted saying that if it were up to him this would have been an 8 hour series again.

There was too much to cram into two hours here that for a fan of the book and original series this just felt rushed. And the characters were not enough like in the book and original movie I'm.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
post #37 of 40 Old 09-22-2017, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2401 Post(s)
Liked: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post
This thing is doing amazing business at the box office. I hope I can see it soon!

Wouldn’t mind seeing it.

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #38 of 40 Old 09-22-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Hey Wabo what would you rate it?

post #39 of 40 Old 09-23-2017, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5098 Post(s)
Liked: 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
Hey Wabo what would you rate it?
I liked it, Franin. Thought it was really well done. And the audio was fantastic. Should be great on BD. If you get the chance to see it at your local OzMAX do it. I rate it 3.5/5 cans of Fosters.

post #40 of 40 Old 09-23-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I liked it, Franin. Thought it was really well done. And the audio was fantastic. Should be great on BD. If you get the chance to see it at your local OzMAX do it. I rate it 3.5/5 cans of Fosters.

Excellent, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page