David Gilmour Live in Pompeii - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-26-2017, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 40
David Gilmour Live in Pompeii

Anybody else see the new David Gilmour concert film Live in Pompeii in the theater recently?

Saw it last night and the picture quality was just average, but the surround mix was pretty impressive, definitely felt like I was in the crowd at points.

Incredible setting for a concert and he still has world class guitar chops, his tone and playing are just impeccable. Lots of Floyd classics in the setlist, Sorrow in particular was a big highlight for me.

Looking forward to the BD release this Friday as well!

Aperion Intimus 5T towers, Intimus 6C center, 4B bookshelves and S8-APR, Onkyo TXNR-809
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1992 Post(s)
Liked: 2284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
Anybody else see the new David Gilmour concert film Live in Pompeii in the theater recently?

Saw it last night and the picture quality was just average, but the surround mix was pretty impressive, definitely felt like I was in the crowd at points.

Incredible setting for a concert and he still has world class guitar chops, his tone and playing are just impeccable. Lots of Floyd classics in the setlist, Sorrow in particular was a big highlight for me.

Great to hear! My blu ray copy gets here Fri and Im excited to watch!
post #3 of 5 Old 10-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Saw it in the Theater and truth be told, would have passed on that if I knew the DVD would be released so soon after. Our Theater had great Video and Audio, but the seating was so cramped that it was not enjoyable, couldn`t wait for it to be over. Was weird watching a Concert with a packed audience where no one knew how to act. Not like how we act at a real Concert anyways.

I ordered the deluxe BR package with the added material and Concert T-shirt. Got it on the Friday release date. All in all was a bit pricey but well worth it. The Audio mix is dare I say perfect. The performance itself has its highs and lows and when you have watched "Remember that Night" as often as I have, and I was also lucky enough to see him in Toronto on this tour, I just feel he doesnt nail the newer Rattle That Lock songs like he did in Toronto and with the "On An Island" songs in 2006, but he is 10 years older and at his age I probably shouldn`t complain. He is my favorite Guitarist, so just grateful to have another quality Concert DVD to add to the collection.

Just hearing "Sorrow" alone makes it worth it, the way he plays it gives me chills.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-17-2017, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushhead View Post
Saw it in the Theater and truth be told, would have passed on that if I knew the DVD would be released so soon after. Our Theater had great Video and Audio, but the seating was so cramped that it was not enjoyable, couldn`t wait for it to be over. Was weird watching a Concert with a packed audience where no one knew how to act. Not like how we act at a real Concert anyways.

I ordered the deluxe BR package with the added material and Concert T-shirt. Got it on the Friday release date. All in all was a bit pricey but well worth it. The Audio mix is dare I say perfect. The performance itself has its highs and lows and when you have watched "Remember that Night" as often as I have, and I was also lucky enough to see him in Toronto on this tour, I just feel he doesnt nail the newer Rattle That Lock songs like he did in Toronto and with the "On An Island" songs in 2006, but he is 10 years older and at his age I probably shouldn`t complain. He is my favorite Guitarist, so just grateful to have another quality Concert DVD to add to the collection.

Just hearing "Sorrow" alone makes it worth it, the way he plays it gives me chills.
Sorrow was absolutely the highlight, always liked that song but I would have to say this was the definitive version, incredible!

Aperion Intimus 5T towers, Intimus 6C center, 4B bookshelves and S8-APR, Onkyo TXNR-809
post #5 of 5 Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1992 Post(s)
Liked: 2284
Loved everything about this show/blu ray! I also thought Sorrow was incredible!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page