OFFICIAL Matrix: Revolutions theatrical review thread (MEGA SPOILERS!) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 740 Old 10-29-2003, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is the official theatrical review thread for The Matrix: Revolutions. This thread should be considered spoiler ridden. Reading it before you have seen the movie puts your enjoyment of it at risk, so be warned. It is ok to place a spoiler warning before your comments, but not necessary.

If you don't want to know "what happens", don't read the thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 740 Old 11-03-2003, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

This is the full review. Below is the site where it is meant to be read.

http://www.gethiroshima.com/en/gethi...ix_revolutions

PS - I made a few reference errors in my earlier post due to the fact that I could not access the production notes on the CD-ROM. The review below and on GetHiroshima are henceforth fixed.
---------------
By Md. Fuad Zain

Here we are six months later and the world is ready to know its fate, that is the one decided by the Wachowski brothers. Earlier this year, The Matrix Reloaded opened to a lot of fanfare, a lot of hype and a lot of money in the box office. It also opened a big can of digital worms as to what it all means exactly. The Matrix Revolutions, says the Brothers Wachowski, aims to answer all of the fans' questions that had been boiling since May 15th. So here is a recap as to what basically happened in The Matrix Reloaded (and for those who haven't seen it yet, don't read past this point and the next paragraph):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Zion is under threat of destruction by the Machines digging their way down; Neo (Keanu Reeves), humans' only savior, is lying on a metal gurney like freshly-made Jello; and Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) has multiplied in numbers through asexual reproduction.

The start of Revolutions skipped a few storylines and a few hours from when we last saw our heroes. These storylines I believe is included in that Matrix spin-off video game. So for those who finished the game, you get a better sense of the story than I did. Regardless, those storylines are not necessary to enjoy this movie. Neo is still in a coma. He, Trinity (Carrie-Ann Moss), Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) and Link (Harold Perrineau) have taken refuge in the Hammer, captained by Roland (David Roberts). They are looking for Niobe's (Jada Pinkett Smith) ship the Logos and her crew, which have gone missing. Meanwhile, Commander Lock (Harry Lennix) and those inside Zion are preparing for the worse. They are not the only ones who are worried. The Oracle (Mary Alice) have noticed that Agent Smith and his clones are taking over the Matrix and not even the Machine's programs are safe. All hope rests on Neo.

Unlike the first two films, Revolutions doesn't start with a bang. Thankfully so because we need some catching up to do, especially after that cliffhanger in Reloaded. Andy and Larry Wachowski, the writers, filled us in on the facts while still throwing a few twists and turns at us. The answers that Revolutions provide do make complete sense even if you may not like how the story ends. Sifting through the many pseudo-religious references peppered in the movie, I find that the best achievement the Wachowskis have done is making this saga about how things we created or sired inherit our best and worst attributes.

Andy and Larry Wachowski, the directors, direct Revolutions with precision and thoughtfulness. Action sequences are still amazing to watch, particularly the eye-popping fight in Zion. Yet the scenes that resonate most, and what the Wachowskis might prefer us to notice more, are the tender and quiet moments that is the heart of the story. Some had remarked that Reloaded wasted its first thirty minutes showing pointless scenes that slowed the film down. It is clear those scenes in Reloaded that might seem superficial or slow then were necessary in order to make Revolutions work. Clearly, the Wachowski know what they were doing after all.

What else can be said about the perfect cast? There are no other actors we can see these roles belong to except to Reeves, Moss, Fishburne, Weaving and Smith and the brilliant supporting cast of Lennix, Perrineu, Lambert Wilson as Mervengioni, Monica Belluci as Persephone, Collin Chou as Seraph, Nona Gaye as Zee, and Helmut Bakaitis as The Architect. Then there are those who have a few scenes to play in Reloaded that are given more screen time in Revolutions. These actors pull off their roles exceptionally. David Roberts as the beefy Captain Roland provided some of the film's memorable and humorous moments with ease. Nathanial Lees delivers the right balance of bravery and frailty as the battle-hardened Captain Mifune.

Below the top-billed actors, there are three roles that easily might be overlooked. The first is played by Ian Bliss as Bane. He mimics Agent Smith in tone and manner so perfectly, it feels like Weaving did indeed clone himself. The second is Bernard White who gives a brilliant, soulful performance as Rama Kandra. Lastly it is Mary Alice as the Oracle, who fills in the shoes of the late Gloria Foster with ample grace and mystery. Unfortunately, one can only appreciate Anthony Wong's performance as Ghost in Enter The Matrix as he is not given much to do in Revolutions.

The use of computer graphics imagery (CGI) in The Matrix Trilogy is a given. It's use in The Matrix blew the socks off everyone. Reloaded gave the audience the astounding Mona Lisa Overdrive sequence as well as the jarringly fake Burly Brawl sequence. In Revolutions, it is safe to say that John Gaeta and his visual effects team has finally gotten back their groove. There are still a few minor shots that trained eyes will notice as CGI but overall, their work here is astounding. The highlights are scenes that involve the Machines and their squids. If you thought that Ripley's power loader in Aliens is amazing, then the Zion standoff between the Armored Personal Units and the Sentinels will leave you with your jaws hanging. It definitely redeems Gaeta for his Burly Brawl miscalculations.

The rest of The Matrix veterans has done nothing but deliver the goods. If there's a way to crank up the volume to 11 while watching Revolutions, you would do it. Sound designer and supervising sound editor Dane Davis work is best appreciated loud and in digital surround sound. Don Davis' score has taken a different turn this time around to something more primal and ethereal with his use of Japanese percussions and a rousing choral arrangement. Director of photography Bill Pope again lit and shot Revolutions beautifully, from the flashy nightclub entrance to the rustic Zion corridors. Zach Staenberg as the editor cuts it together so seamlessly that you don't notice the running time.

At best, The Matrix Revolutions, with all of its action sequences, strangely evolved into an involving movie and at worst, it is the final chapter in the sci-fi/action movies that is the Matrix trilogy. It answers most of the questions that were left dangling in Reloaded and it will undoubtedly spawn countless debates henceforth. It also presents a glimpse of our future with artificial intelligence and the choices we make to live with it. Some might envision that the creation of A.I. and Matrix is inevitable. If this is the call of inevitability, we have all this time to work on delaying it.

The Matrix Revolutions
Sci-Fi/Action, Color, 2003
Director: The Wachowski Brothers
Cast: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Hugo Weaving, Jada Pinkett Smith, Harry Lennix, David Roberts, Mary Alice, Monica Belluci, Harold Perrineau, Lambert Wilson, Nathanial Lees, Collin Chou, Nona Gaye, Anthony Wong, Ian Bliss, Bernard White and Helmut Bakaitis.
Language: English.
Sound Format : Dolby Digital, DTS and SDDS
Http://www.thematrix.com/

---------------

fuad

"DonÂt let them tell you who you are is not enough, that itÂs wrong and that you wonÂt find love. DonÂt let them use my life to put your future down, or tell you that happiness canÂt be found."
post #3 of 740 Old 11-03-2003, 04:35 PM

Just two questions:

1. How is it that Smith is able to clone himself, and take over another human's brain?

2. Assuming Neo wins and humans are free, what power source are the machines left with?
post #4 of 740 Old 11-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Smith is just a Virus . As long as the human is connected to the Matrix ( real world program simulator ), Smith can just infect the brain, just like getting worm (blaster) from Microsoft website . lol .

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 568
Just two questions:

1. How is it that Smith is able to clone himself, and take over another human's brain?

2. Assuming Neo wins and humans are free, what power source are the machines left with?

Crestron & AMX Programmer. GUI Designer.
post #5 of 740 Old 11-03-2003, 05:58 PM

So you mean the Architech etc. never thought of incorporating a firewall or norton antivirus? LOL They should have stopped at Matrix 1.
post #6 of 740 Old 11-03-2003, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Official thread opened and merged with Fuad's review. The Official speculation thread will be closed Wednesday evening as it will be redundant.

Bring on the reviews! :D
post #7 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Well a couple of critics today - and they have no say in whether I watch and/or enjoy a movie or not - are likening the acting to Star Wars Episode II. Sheesh, that is not a very favorable comparison. I guess we'll see later.
post #8 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
TELL US MORE!!

Your review doesn't really tell us the plot and story point by point. This is a SPOILER thread so go ahead and Tell Us All, including how the speculations and earlier spoiler threads do or do not tell us the truth, e.g., do both Neo and Trinity die; are they both really just programs; etc.
post #9 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 08:51 AM

Ok, just got back from the 9AM show.

Overall, the action scenes weren't as good as Reloaded. The nightclub scene was much quicker than I was expecting. It was cool, but just when I thought it was going to really get good, it's over.

Where are the Twins???!!!

What happened to Merovingian??!!

Is Neo dying or alive at the end?

Seraph worked for Merovingian?

I need more time to think it over, but Reloaded and Revolutions just make me realize how good the original Matrix was the first time.
post #10 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

SUCKS! BIG TIME! Yes, it answered most of the question and I HATE the answers!

Man, most of the dialog seems copied from StarWars 1&2 combined! Amazing!

The Matrix: 5 stars
Reload: 3.5 stars
this: 0.5 star!

regards,

Li On

:(
post #11 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hmmm, I just got back from it myself. I liked it. The attack on Zion was worth the ticket price alone. This last movie answered a lot of questions but left a few on the table. I'm ok with that though. It was a great ride.

Cary
post #12 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by eweiss
TELL US MORE!!

Your review doesn't really tell us the plot and story point by point. This is a SPOILER thread so go ahead and Tell Us All, including how the speculations and earlier spoiler threads do or do not tell us the truth, e.g., do both Neo and Trinity die; are they both really just programs; etc.
In most of my reviews, I usually stick to the first 20 minutes of the movie and sometimes less than that. That's because I hate reading reviews where more than an hour's worth of footage is being detailed. All I give is what I think is enough.

I used to give plot points that were given away in the trailers but these days trailers give away too much.

fuad

"DonÂt let them tell you who you are is not enough, that itÂs wrong and that you wonÂt find love. DonÂt let them use my life to put your future down, or tell you that happiness canÂt be found."
post #13 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WRX5Spd
Where are the Twins???!!!

Spoiler  
I believe since they failed their mission, they were deleted. But Agent Smith might have easily assimilated them since we last saw them get blown up.

Quote:
What happened to Merovingian??!!
Spoiler  
I believe that he too is afraid of Agent Smith. If this is true, this plot point should have been shown somewhere before the Club Hell encounter.

Quote:
Is Neo dying or alive at the end?
Spoiler  
Neo I believe is dead. 1 Neo plus -1 (Agent Smith) equals 0.

Quote:
Seraph worked for Merovingian?
Spoiler  
Maybe before. Not since The Matrix he hasn't.

Quote:
I need more time to think it over, but Reloaded and Revolutions just make me realize how good the original Matrix was the first time.
Spoiler  
Perhaps. But you do realize that Revolutions doesn't exactly close the book on the Matrix. It might actually be a new beginning and a start of other sequels.

fuad

post #14 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 10:08 AM

Another question:

How is Neo able to kill Smith by allowing him to assimilate Neo? And what says Smith doesn't come back again like he did at the end of the first Matrix?

I know, set up for the next movie....
post #15 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, now cool down a bit and think it over:

Trinity dead. Leo returned to the Source. Zion destroyed. Matrix reloaded.

As dictated by the Architect in the Reload. Now the movie seems feel better.

Now bring on the "real" Revolutions. Or I'm still in the "no spoon" tray? LOL!

regards,

Li On
post #16 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just got to work after taking the morning off to see Revolutions. My take...the best action movie I have ever seen. It is a bit lite on the philosophical banter of Reloaded, which some may see as a blessing, where as I liked Reloaded most of the series. It is very much a pheonomenal piece of film making, has more heart than any of the previous movies. The important questions are answered, still many are not. Fine movie...now I need to see it again.

Bricktop
post #17 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess Li On was expecting another two hour snore fest like Reloaded. The simple fact is this movie rocked. Two hours of balls to the wall action. Only the people who have over thought the Matrix and worked themselves up into a frenzy over speculation will be disappointed. Grab your popcorn and enjoy this one!

T.
post #18 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, the Dallas Observer http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues...l/1/index.html just published their review in print:

Revolutions runs a playful joyride through a nifty vision of hell
BY GREGORY WEINKAUF

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/16348/1/image.gif
Wait a minute...you mean Keanu Reeves isn't a machine? Who knew?

The Matrix Revolutions
Directed By: Wachowski brothers
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss and Hugo Weaving
Written By: Wachowski brothers

A not terribly long time ago in an uninhabitable galaxy called Burbank, a generally astute movie studio founded by four Polish siblings alienated a young hotshot filmmaker. The studio was Warner Bros., and the project was a cold, disturbing, highly stylized vision of a mechanized future called THX-1138. Not wholly original, but pretty cool overall, yet studio know-it-alls created a load of friction for the movie and its maker. Hardly surprisingly, the kid didn't court them with his next sci-fi romp, a little yarn called Star Wars. The following year, wizened executive asses likely met boot.

Jump ahead a couple of decades and you'd witness more Polish brothers, Andy and Larry Wachowski, both also hotshots, traipsing onto the Warners lot with a similarly themed property camouflaged in black leather. They called their particular humanity-vs.-technology dealie The Matrix. What emerged was basically a Joel Silver bang-bang picture wrapped in an unusually clever discourse on the nature of reality. Its dork-becomes-God story line blew a few minds and made a pretty penny. Suddenly Warners was back on the sci-fi map, and it was trilogy time again.

Now here we are at the purported "end" of the franchise, with The Matrix Revolutions. The first movie's tasty mystique is now fairly well blown, its once-fresh stylistic chops appropriated into every sort of motion picture. Then last spring, the religiously anticipated follow-up, The Matrix Reloaded, inspired glee and dismay in equal measure with its ripping action sequences and blathering "We sorta went to college" plot. Studio coffers swelled to bursting while strange new characters spoke in riddles, and plenty of curious heads were scratched--not because the thing was inscrutably brilliant, but because it was such a whimsically whacked mess compared with the tight 1999 film.

What remains in Revolutions is to depict the final battle between Earth's hopelessly outnumbered conscious humans and the monstrous machines that have seized control. The result is visually slick, almost shockingly simpleminded, kinda redundant and only adequately satisfying. Alas, for their dramatic wrap-up the Wachowskis' storytelling now feels less intriguing than merely dutiful. At about two brisk, tidy hours, with a huge gob of loose ends either hastily knotted or just snipped--Keymaker? Twins? Hello?--their biggest success here is to whet our epic appetite for The Return of the King.

Revolutions was complete and certainly functional, with whopping herds of digitally animated robot squids to keep things hopping, but narratively so remarkably unremarkable that it often felt like a gagless gag reel. The newly inserted rebel Kid (Clayton Watson) is so obviously positioned for further franchise exploration that he's nearly a joke in himself. But just so you're clear on this perspective, I also think that the "Zion rave" from Reloaded ranks among the most unpardonably stupid sequences in cinema history. If you dug that--poor, misguided puppy--you may also enjoy Revolutions' even dumberer "S&M club" sequence, which could only inspire more laughter if it included Leslie Nielsen in nipple clamps. Obviously, this silly stuff's a matter of taste, or lack thereof.

As for the story, it's exactly what you probably expect, more or less. Han Solo and Princess Leia struggle to help Luke Skywalker confront his shadow side in order to...um...whoops, wrong decade. Make that: Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne, flat) and Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss, flatter) struggle to help Neo (Keanu Reeves, goes without saying) confront his shadow side in order to, you know, save the world. Since humanity isn't going to find out what happens to a supposed Messiah until Mel Gibson's The Passion of Christ emerges in a few months, the wondrous notion that Neo is "The One" shrouds Revolutions in rich, captivating mystery. If you're 12.

Now, bringing balance to the force, it must be said that setting your mind on "12" is a perfectly reasonable way to enjoy Revolutions. It's fun and rudimentary and hellzapoppin' to observe. Linking immediately to Reloaded, we commence with Neo--rhyming with and increasingly resembling Captain EO--trapped in a subway tunnel purgatory created by the haggard Trainman (Bruce Spence), who's a minion of the delightfully nasty Merovingian (Lambert Wilson), who is still savoring the sweet pomegranates of Persephone (Monica Bellucci). While loitering between the illusory Matrix and the scorched earth of the real world, the ever more supernaturally endowed Neo meets an East Indian family who all turn out to be computer programs, learns that "love" and "karma" are just words, then gets busted back to life by Trinity and Co. Also returning to consciousness is a rebel crewman named Bane (Ian Bliss), who sports a diabolical Van Dyke beard. Enough said there.

The rest of the movie concerns the underground city of Zion being attacked by massive drilling machines and those squidlike Sentinels, which were clearly modeled after the probe droid from The Empire Strikes Back. In turn, the nervous denizens of Zion fight back using the bulky, anthropomorphized "loaders" swiped from Aliens, complete with a bulging-biceps Marine chick purloined from same. During all this, the tribunal from Star Trek/Wars meets to pontificate while Neo realizes that he must fly to the machine city, unarmed but accompanied by the excessively dedicated Trinity, to meet his destiny amid a bunch of leftover bug-droids from Runaway. Meanwhile, the no-longer-fascinating Morpheus approves the piloting skills of Niobe (Jada Pinkett Smith) as their hovercraft swerves through challenging post-industrial tunnels very possibly inspired by those enigmatic Wachowskis playing Vanguard at some Chicagoland bowling alley 20 years ago.

Is it worth seeing this third and supposedly final chapter? Like you wouldn't. Yeah, there's plenty that's cool about it. A lot fewer handguns, some more cool stunts via fight choreographer Yuen Wo Ping, plus that dank, rainy atmosphere that makes jacking into the Matrix a lot more appealing than, say, shopping in the real world. The finest scenes involve the new Oracle (Mary Alice) and the very Hollywood agent-like Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving), adding touching resignation and rage to a movie that's otherwise half cartoon, half rapacious sci-fi feeding frenzy. But for a cyberpunk Tron knockoff in Blade's duds following Omega Man's path to a Hulk-like aura of self-discovery, it's a reasonably enjoyable ride, offering a thoughtful-enough sense of closure. If you're 12.
post #19 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Li On
Ok, now cool down a bit and think it over:

Trinity dead. Leo returned to the Source. Zion destroyed. Matrix reloaded.

As dictated by the Architect in the Reload. Now the movie seems feel better.

Now bring on the "real" Revolutions. Or I'm still in the "no spoon" tray? LOL!

regards,

Li On
You know, I'd still put the above with spoiler tags... BTW, who is Leo?

Spoiler  
Zion is pummeled a bit and maybe a little bit defenseless but certainly not destroyed. Human and Machine now have a working peace treaty, thanks to Neo and Trinity. In a sense, it brings full circle the cruel act of violence that was inflicted on the machines at the end of The Second Renaissance Part 1.

The Matrix is reloaded but with a new caveat. Those who know they are in the Matrix, will be let go. The Machine world will hold on to their human harvest as best as they can because they still need batteries. Humans and Machines must now figure out how to undo the darken sky. The part where the Logos break through the dark sky and to the untouched stratosphere is the best part of Revolutions for me as it says that Earth is still salvageable.

The Oracle gave half truths and half lies because Neo, Trinity and Morpheus need to hear it to make it all work. That is why the phrase "We did it" really resonate to me for it took a lot of sacrifice (including the death of the Keymaker) to get to the end.

fuad

post #20 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

C'mon, guys. Leave out the spoiler tags.

We're adults. We know what we're reading in this thread. We know that we've been warned that there are spoilers here.

It's 11/5. The movie is here.

Make it easy on us. Don't use the spoiler tag.
post #21 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Well I have to agree with Dennis Miller that the Matrix is "porn for nerds".

There are 3 guys sitting outside our theatre (its 10 degrees outside) waiting for the show tonight.
post #22 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by susan7566

There are 3 guys sitting outside our theatre (its 10 degrees outside) waiting for the show tonight.
So, instead of "Trekkies," what do we call these MATRIX groupies/junkies:

Neophytes?
Neons?
Wachowski Scruffs?

If you freeze to death in 10 degree weather while waiting to see THE MATRIX, would that be a case of matricide?
post #23 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Nope, thinning of the weak members so the herd can improve. Just nature in action.

In-Walls! Manufacturers Please Speak Out.
post #24 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

USA Today renders its negative verdict:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...x-review_x.htm

And based on 63 reviews, rottentomatoes http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheM...tions-1127201/ gives it a .... 38%?!?!

That means it's a HUGE STINKER!!
post #25 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Revolutions should not be viewed as a separate movie. It is the third act of Reloaded. If you look at it as a separate movie I suppose it would appear that the Wachowski's abandoned all the philosophical mumbo jumbo of the first two movies for mindless Saturday matinee fun. However, if you view Revolutions as the third act of a movie full of philosophy it plays out perfectly.
Did people really think that the humans and machines were going to sit down and play chess or have a dance off to decide the outcome of the war? I think the movie the Matrix geeks envisioned would have been boring as hell.

I think Revolutions put Reloaded into context making it more interesting to watch and provided a satisfying ending to the trilogy. Remember, at some point you have to stop asking questions and just kick some ass.

T.
post #26 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My $.02,

While I liked Revolutions it seemed to overfluffed with too much story and lovey/dovey-ness than it needed to have. Hated the ending. The action as to be expected was the shiznit, but you had to wait long stretches for most of it. Sadly Merovingian's role was minor as was Persophone's (! Damnit!). The twins were absent all together....which I dind't know.

Overall I'd give it a B- or 3.5 outta 5.

Troy

Now that's how you supposed to drive!

Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X

post #27 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd say it was decent, not as good as the first but a lot better than the second installment. They tie things up pretty well, it still suffers from horrible dialog and wooden acting but I guess that's the style they wanted. The story however winds up pretty nicely. I would give it 6/10 (5 meaning worth watching, 10 being the perfect movie)
post #28 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by susan7566

Dennis Miller?....phftt!
I have'nt seen Revolutions yet, and I'm still keeping hope for a prequel! BTW, I never listen to movie critics personally.

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #29 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 02:44 PM

I really liked this movie. It definitely does not deserve the critical panning it is receiving. IMO, there are too many folks that are not sci-fi fans attempting to review a movie that is definitely straight up science fiction.

I found the acting to be on par with the first two of the trilogy and the action scences are far more epic than have been attempted in anything to come to the silver screen in the past couple of years. ESPECIALLY for a sci-fi movie.

I had a great time with this installment. Granted the film is not perfect. However, I feel that many of the bad reviews this film (and Reloaded for that matter) is receiving is because
the climax of these films are not gift wrapped in a cute box that is easy to digest.

These films require imagination. If you do not have any and want someone to tell you everything concerning everything, Reloaded and Revolutions are not for you.

Great movie. ***/****
post #30 of 740 Old 11-05-2003, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
This is a movie I think people will be divided on just because of how it ended. Personally I loved the movie. I got exactly what I wanted out of it, and I thought it had to end the way it did (thought I don't understand how neo beat smith). There was no way the humans were going to win the war and if they did then what? Where the hell would everyone live? What would they eat and do? We needed the machines and they needed us.

I really wasn't expecting the deaths of 2 of the main charachters, but I was kind of moved by it.

Closed Thread Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page