Closed Thread

post #31 of 33 Old 01-03-2001, 09:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rachael,

Your eminence of the obscure, we need to get Chilly Willy on the big disc or little. I am disappointed in your lack of recognition of one of the best shorts. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif If that synapse ever hits you, it will be like a bolt of recollection. I have no idea why I remember the food lines though....

Tim

Tim
Selling Anthem PVA7.
STABILITY + Superior audio (SC09-TX) + Incredible picture (VPL-VW200) + good integration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 01-04-2001, 02:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Knocksville TN, capitol por republica de Polezannia
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Tim, the Drive-In DVD came today! I had pre-ordered it from Ken Cranes last summer. I supposedly cancelled it, when I tried to get it from Amazon. Well, Cranes shipped it to me! So, I quickly cancelled Amazon. So be it, the price was nearly the same.

There are some shorts you'd see at da drive-in. A ten minute countdown to the feature. Ads for the food at the concession stand. There's a preview of the original WASP WOMAN movie. There's a Betty Boop and a Popeye cartoon. I watched THE SCREAMING SKULL, it's cheesey! It's an American International production, I think that sez it all. The package says Vol.1, so I'm counting on more editions.

Tim, I've never seen Chilly Willy or Pink Panther on LD or DVD. I wish! You are, of course, Hungry Jack, right Ma? I bet there's a Hungry Jack at your house too! Is that the right commercial?

Eric, I'm waiting for THE PARTY. Should I order out for Indian food to go with it? Best'est cats!

------------------

Rachael,la gata del disco Grande

In real life I am Dot Mongur champion of the International Pacman Federation. I don't play the game, I operate it.....no dot is safe from me....

post #33 of 33 Old 01-04-2001, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rachael,
Drive in never took off here at all. In fact its only been a few years since drive 'through' was accepted. Thats how old fashioned we are here. Stiff upper lip and all that, I suppose. (Thats drive through Mac not indian)
I agree, you must have a pile of Chicken Tikka masala, pilav rice and some nam bread in order to go the full distance with the party.
best wishes
Eric

ISF, THX & HAA Certified
AV Talk Founder
Closed Thread Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page