post #421 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertWood
Okay. Have it your way. "Sex with Michael Jackson".
You'd have to be much younger. ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Die thread! DIE!
post #423 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 10:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 10
Since no one but me has any interest or any opinion on Michael Jackson, I wonder why the TV talking heads are so obsessed with it?
What a shock Roger Ailes and Rick Kaplan are gonna have once they find out I'm the only one watching?
post #424 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR_IN_LA
Die thread! DIE!
:D

OK I'll add a post that is in agreement with yours that no one should post in this thread.

And also, speaking of clean flix, Michael Jackson was absolutely phenomenal on the Motown 25 TV special in 1983.
post #425 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Bob, I honestly haven't spent 5 minutes of my attention span on the trial. I just don't care.

I do think you underestimate his talent. The Thriller album was truly a global sales phenomenon at the time. All his weirdness really seemed to start percolating after that success. WRT the groupies, they're like any other groupies. I remember the overweight middle aged women swooning over the overweight, middle aged Elvis. That made ZERO sense to me at the time, but in hindsight it wasn't much different from the MJ deal. Except, of course, Elvis only abused drugs and his body. Allegedly.
post #426 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Schauer

And also, while we're on the subject, Michael Jackson was absolutely phenomenal on the Motown 25 TV special in 1983.
Steve, agreed. A local club would show that video back in the 80's, and he blew the roof off the place with that performance. Electric.
post #427 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm waiting for "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit."
post #428 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It sounds like for many there's some sympathy and sadness going on with this.
That (unlike me) many felt Jackson was an exceptional entertainer who was held in especially high regard for his talent.
But he apparently never had a real childhood which in his case must have twisted his psyche into something pretty tragic. And many are saddened to see this happen.

And for that reason, folks are not all that receptive to people like me wanting to hold this up to ridicule because it appears to be rather cruel.
See, that's what I was after. Opinions. Insight. And you've now provided some.
post #429 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Schauer
I'm waiting for "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit."
If the coffin will rise, I will summarize.
post #430 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliens
ROTFLMAO!

post #431 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It sounds like for many there's some sympathy and sadness going on with this.
That (unlike me) many felt Jackson was an exceptional entertainer who was held in especially high regard for his talent.
But he apparently never had a real childhood which in his case must have twisted his psyche into something pretty tragic. And many are saddened to see this happen.

And for that reason, folks are not all that receptive to people like me wanting to hold this up to ridicule because it appears to be rather cruel.
See, that's what I was after. Opinions. Insight. And you've now provided some.
Sympathy and sadness... not from me. He had a period of time in which he was at the top. I don't idolize performers, other than their ability to perform. They aren't role models (to me, anyway), just entertainers. They are also human, and have the same weaknesses and perversions found in the less talented populace. Their celebrity makes their fall more spectacular for the media to chronicle, and for the lemmings in the audience to follow with bated breath. I do feel bad that anyone could have such issues. Allegedly.
post #432 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 12:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What about the Liz Taylor angle. How odd. And such irony.

If you're old as me then you're aware there was a time when Elizabeth Taylor
was at the top of the heap. Attractive, cool, hip, sophisticated, she was
at the pinnacle of being a celebrity sex symbol.
Taylor and Burton were the Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt of their time.

My God. She's now gone from that to becoming known as the confidant to a pedophile and his chimpanzee.
post #433 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

http://*******.com/d4f79

Just think. If this thread had died you might have missed seeing that.
post #434 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

All I can say is, if they find he did it, and they put Jackson in jail for 15 years ...

Then they should put the boy's mom in jail with him, because that would basically make her a co-conspirator in the crime.

Unlike the OJ Simpson case, I have no idea, as an observer, if Jackson committed these crimes.

I do know that I would never let my kids out of my sight on the Neverland Ranch.
post #435 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
http://*******.com/d4f79

Just think. If this thread had died you might have missed seeing that.
That is hilarious!! He's also got these genuine running shoes up for bid:
http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/f8/f0/ae_1_b.JPG
One of the comments was "are these one way running shoes? Can I get a refund if my girlfriend comes back?"
post #436 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliens
If the boy's too old, the shower might go cold.
post #437 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

If the man likes to spoon, tell him to go walk on the moon
post #438 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

The irony runs deep in one of Jackson’s biggest hits.

It’s Close To Midnight And Something Evil’s Lurking In The Dark
Under The Moonlight You See A Sight That Almost Stops Your Heart
You Try To Scream But Terror Takes The Sound Before You Make It
You Start To Freeze As Horror Looks You Right Between The Eyes,
You’re Paralyzed

‘Cause This Is Thriller, Thriller Night
And No One’s Gonna Save You From The Beast About Strike
You Know It’s Thriller, Thriller Night
You’re Fighting For Your Life Inside A Killer, Thriller Tonight

You Hear The Door Slam And Realize There’s Nowhere Left To Run
You Feel The Cold Hand And Wonder If You’ll Ever See The Sun
You Close Your Eyes And Hope That This Is Just Imagination
But All The While You Hear The Creature Creepin’ Up Behind
You’re Out Of Time
post #439 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

"Yesterday an arrest warrant was issued for Michael Jackson and today by mistake cops picked up Diana Ross." —Jay Leno

"Early today Michael met with his priest — not for spiritual advice, they went on a double date." —Jay Leno

"His bail was set at $3 million dollars because he is considered a flight risk. Cause, you know, he could run off anywhere and blend right in." —David Letterman

"After turning himself in yesterday, Michael Jackson was placed in handcuffs. I think he helped his case when he asked 'These are neat, do they come in smaller sizes?" —Jay Leno

"Johnny Cochran died and had a funeral. You know who was at the funeral -- both O.J. Simpson and Michael Jackson. In fact, Michael cornered O.J. and said, 'How do you get stains off a glove?'" --Bill Maher

"A lot of people think Michael may be suicidal. That's the latest theory. Just last night he swallowed an entire bottle of Flintstone Chewables." --Jay Leno

"Michael says he is going to fight these charges tooth and nail — because those are the only real body parts he has left." —Jay Leno

"Michael Jackson was caught on tape saying he was a virgin until he was the age of 32. I mean, is that really shocking? I mean, he was a black man guy 'til he was 35." --Jay Leno

Michael Jackson, late for court again today, you know, because of his bad back. Well, you'd have a bad back too if every conversation you had in your life involved having to bend over and ask, "What's your name?" --Jay Leno

"A lot of people thought Michael Jackson was faking it yesterday but people who know Michael say he does have back problems that flare up from time to time. Like when he's on trial for child molestation." --Jay Leno

"What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Dick Cheney? One has pasty white skin, fake body parts and he's creepy; the other's Michael Jackson." --Jay Leno

"The judge in the Michael Jackson child molestation trial selected 250 candidates for the jury pool, which Jackson himself has selected 20 for the kiddie pool." --Amy Poehler, Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update"

"Michael Jackson turned himself into authorities today and now the court may take away his kids. Don't worry, Michael's working on a deal where he can dangle them on the weekends." —Craig Kilborn

"The saddest part of this Michael Jackson scandal is that all of this could have been avoided if he just stuck to grabbing his own crotch." —Craig Kilborn

"Michael Jackson was arrested yesterday. According to the Santa Barbara Police, Michael Jackson is 5'11 and only weighs 120 pounds. Michael is able to keep his weight down because he only orders off the children's menu." —Conan O'Brien

" I guess they got Michael on that new law — 3 tykes and you're out." —Jay Leno

"Police swarmed all over the Neverland Ranch for 12 hours, about 60 investigators and found a lot of items that needed explaining. Like the wedding photo with Lisa Marie Presley." —David Letterman

"If you've been watching television today, so it begins, the Michael Jackson mini-series kicked off. The glee, the salivation in the news people. The CNN logo had an erection. If you looked closely, the 'N' was standing tall. ... By God people, there is a Medicare bill to debate! If only the Senate molested the Medicare bill." —Jon Stewart

"Yesterday federal agents raided Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara. This isn't good. People are gonna start saying this guy is peculiar. Apparently Michael Jackson was so upset he contacted Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper to get some sedatives." —David Letterman

"I guess they had 60 federal investigators going over the Neverland Ranch property for 12 hours and didn't find anything. But they did turn up OJ's knife." —David Letterman

"Earlier today, police raided the Neverland ranch. Michael Jackson was so upset he dangled himself over a balcony." —Craig Kilborn
post #440 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR_IN_LA

Unlike the OJ Simpson case, I have no idea, as an observer, if Jackson committed these crimes.

I do know that I would never let my kids out of my sight on the Neverland Ranch.
Agreed. Unlike OJ, it would not surprise me if Jackson really was being set up. Jackson is so freaky in the first place, he basically positions himself in the perfect situation for an opportunist. People can really pull out the stops when big money is involved.

And I would never never go to Neverland period.

Bob
post #441 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Neverland: Second star on the right, straight on til morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/870000..._jacko_300.jpg
post #442 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Wouldn't an innocent person have been so pissed off about something like that that he would have fought back instead? I think I would have. Wouldn't you?
If I had the money Jackson does I don't think I would.

Because, even if you know you are inocent, going through the court system is always a gamble. I for one would rather lose a little of my enormous wealth than even taking a risk of going to jail. Money is not nearly as high a priority as maintaining your freedom.

Bob
post #443 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If he is then it's the worst case of crucifying someone since Jesus Christ.
Richard Jewell (falsely accused in the Goodwill Olympic Games bombing in Atlanta) tops my list. What the press and government put that poor fellow through, no money could compensate for. At least Jackson could/can buy his way out, that poor fella became the butt of non-stop jokes and ridicule. Not that I thought highly of the press before, but after that, they were definitely on my sh*t list.
post #444 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That he likes to have these little boys in bed with him "but it's not sexual". But, only a very little small possibility. :D
Don't get me wrong, he is definately a freak show circus act to be sure. But he could be innocent of the charges too.

Bob
post #445 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio
LIMBAUGH:

I would submit to you that people on the left are religious, too. Their God is just different. The left has a different God. There's a religious left in this country.
And, the religious left in this country hates and despises the God of Christianity and Catholicism and whatever else. They despise it because they fear it, because it's a threat, because that God has moral absolutes. That God has right and wrong, that God doesn't deal in nuance, that God doesn't deal in gray area, that God says, 'This is right and that is wrong.

Feminism is just a way for ugly women to get into the mainstream of America.

(on Abu Ghraib scandal) You know, if you look at -- if you, really, if you look at these pictures, I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage, yeah, and get an NEA grant for something like this.

Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river

(commenting on the death of Jerry Garcia)Just another dead doper. And a dirt bag

Kurt Cobain died of a drug-induced suicide, I just -- he was a worthless shred of human debris

I'm doing what I was born to do. That's host. You're doing what you were born to do. That's listen.

They (Democrats) celebrate privately this attack in Spain (commenting on the Madrid commuter train bombing)

We had a typically snooty, silly little liberal on the phone who wanted to take potshots at me for daring, daring to say that some of the 9/11 family members are close to becoming or have become Democrat operatives
I don’t know where you cut and pasted this from, but the only one I recognize is the ‘born to listen’ comment. I’m telling you right now I seriously question your veracity, and I wouldn’t trust you as far as I could throw you with a broken arm.

And also you can take the religious comments and stuff them where they are allowed… any place but here. I think you are a “seminar–poster†without a conservative bone in your body…

Emergency, everybody to get from street.
post #446 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by archiguy
Oh c'mon Paul, just listen to him for 15 minutes! I don't think he can actually go that long without vilifying liberals (a word he almost single-handedly turned into a right-wing epithet) in general, Democrats in particular, and Hillary Clinton specifically. I'm only half-kidding.
You did not give me one example of this:

>>>His legacy will be the poisonous atmosphere of "debate" where one side shouts down and berates the other.

Vilifying liberals, as you have called it, is not even close to shouting someone down during a debate, and you know it, too.

Limbaugh didn't turn the country against you guys. I hesitate to tell you... but that is the problem on your side... looking for excuses, anything but the truth, which is that you went way too far and now there is a big time backlash. People aren't brainwashed... Limbaugh and Fox News tapped an existing vein, and it’s going to take you guys decades, if ever, to recover.

Personally, I hope the left keeps throwing pies and making excuses for their losses, and please hold tight to Al Frankin and Michael Moore and that fricken billionaire behind Moveon.org.

post #447 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
I tried my best to get this thread beyond all that, Paul. And I thought I had succeeded. But it is your thread. So if that's where you now want it to go again, then you're the boss. But do you really? It's all been said by both sides. Is there really anything to be gained by rehashing that all over again?
You’re kidding me, right? After the last several pages? This thread is now so screwed up it doesn’t matter anyway at this point. I am very disappointed with my experience here. I’m just a little pissed off right now.

post #448 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Get used to it, Paul. :)

History will judge the two administrations of G. W. Bush. The total control of the Republicans have had every opportunity to make sweeping changes for the good of the country in their (supposedly) idealistic fashion. What will their legacy be??

Edit: Removed a possible incendiary remark.

I'm afraid many on the starboard side have become pathological because of the Clinton presidency and have started to believe their own crap they spewed during that time. Bush 1 and Clinton, I think, are beginning to recognize this and are, maybe, trying to heal the country before it's too late.

Ed

P.S. I'm sure Gannon's videos are "cleaned up" for conservative viewing. :)
post #449 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PainterPaul
Limbaugh didn't turn the country against you guys. I hesitate to tell you... but that is the problem on your side... looking for excuses, anything but the truth, which is that you went way too far and now there is a big time backlash. People aren't brainwashed... Limbaugh and Fox News tapped an existing vein, and it’s going to take you guys decades, if ever, to recover.
You may indeed be correct. I have often wondered what would have happened to our country if Richard Nixon could have concealed himself better not having to resign. Because of him, republicans took a terrible beating and have taken this long to fully recover.

But it is soon to be a moot issue anyway because our country is in serious decline right now. I totally agree with Robert Wood, that Republicans and Democrats are only wasting time and effort fighting with one another.

Nero is fiddling while the city burns down.

Bob
post #450 of 450 Old 05-06-2005, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

If you want to debate politics, go here: http://www.protestwarrior.com/ I used to go there from time to time before the election.

I apologize for taking the bate… it was just one of those days.

I am not responding/communicating re covert or overt references to political comments any more. It is against the rules and I again apologize. I value this forum for its HT related information… why I came here to begin with.

I feel like an ass and will try to set a better example in the future…

Edit: Now for a big fat margarita; what I should have done when I got home! <smile>

Closed Thread Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page