post #151 of 155 Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland
Well, OJ was found innocent by a jury...So I suppose you agree with that verdict, too?
I do. As I've mentioned, the prosecutor did a really lousy job proving the case. That's what the jury is supposed to do. Judge the evidence presented. They are not supposed to decide whether they think he did it or not. They are supposed to decide whether the prosecutor proved the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 155 Old 01-25-2006, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK
The prosecution in the O.J. case proved that, to the exclusion of every other human on the planet, O.J. Simpson was the third person at the murder scene with the two victims.
This is simply wrong. But I would agree that if they'd spent one week trying to prove that, and then closed their case, they probably would have obtained a guilty verdict.
post #153 of 155 Old 01-25-2006, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyk
I do. As I've mentioned, the prosecutor did a really lousy job proving the case. That's what the jury is supposed to do. Judge the evidence presented. They are not supposed to decide whether they think he did it or not. They are supposed to decide whether the prosecutor proved the case.
Well, there is not enough bandwidth to refute that assertion (evidence pointed to not guilty) but jury nullification and a dream defense team of 5 Michael Jordans had far more trumping power than an ideal prosecution case in cheif.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #154 of 155 Old 01-25-2006, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

These discussions of OJ and MCD are interesting. but they're entirely different than the issue of class action suits.

Contrary to the claim made above in the gas tank hypothetical, it's not product liability cases where the lawyers get 95% of the recovery. It's class action suits. And most these things end up getting settled due to the expense of trying them, so what a jury does never really becomes part of the equation.
post #155 of 155 Old 01-25-2006, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 72
This shouldn't be a surprise.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Closed Thread Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page