Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The scene where Optimus Prime transforms with The Touch playing is still better than the entire Transformers movie, imo.
post #363 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Bit too skinny for my tastes but she's young. I would give her a Cheeseburger

I suspect most guys would be thinking of giving her something from a slightly different junk-food genre: brats, dogs, etc.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #364 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post

I thought grounding some part of the story in actual humans was a good move. I felt nothing when Jazz died, yet because of the boy's relationship with Bumblebee I was sad to see him being 'tortured' in the facility, and injured in the final battle.

Agreed, part of the old series appeal was a "little kid" having friggin giant robots as friends.

As for Spyder, I agree with many things he posts but when he starts hating, he hates to the max . He probably got pissed he couldn't count Frodo's foot hairs in LOTR.

Back to the film,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
the ending leaves it wide open for T2
it can only get better, most origin stories have rocky film translations. Look how many Batman movies came around until we got Begins? Same for Xmen. The first Spiderman was pretty sucky too. Part 2 was way better.

Transformers could have been giant foam suits Power Ranger style. Instead we got a SUMMER movie for everyone.
post #365 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise View Post

darth, his name is barricade.

Ah a new one. Thanks.
Speaking of the cop car,
Spoiler  
I love the way Bay handled "driverless" car/chopper. Truly in "disguise".
post #366 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:

Well, with a 140 Minute running time, the robots were onscreen almost constantly after the first hour, which is still nearly equal or even more than the original animated film's 80-something minutes...

Sometimes, less IS more. They could have/should have scrapped 90% of the worthless, scattered, and boring human plotline and given Starscream and Megatron much, much more than the paltry 2 minutes they each got. As supervillans, they flat-out deserve more. That slight alone was enough to ruin the movie, let alone the myriad of other enormous failures.

darth mentioned the X-Men films. Looks like the candy-ass Bumblebee is the new Scratchy of the Transformer world.
post #367 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Just saw it (DLP). SUCKFEST CITY! 0.5 out of 10, only because my son seemed to enjoy parts of it.

Awful overacting, horrible dialogue, abysmal plot, endlessly drawn-out scenes, and cheesy effects that they tried to conceal with ridiculous camera angles. I nearly fell asleep 2-3 times during the show. Quite honestly, I couldn't have cared less who lived, died, won, or lost...just so long as it finally came to an end.

Contrast this film to the original and it's even more pathetic.

I'm all for having spoilers, but you can't spoil garbage.

"Brains? Grimlock know how to BASH brains. Maybe bash yours!"

"Uhh...You WRONG. And you UGLY, too!"

. . . Grimlock quotes are so versatile
post #368 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 29
It's been a week now since I saw it the first time, and 6 days since the 2nd. I have to say I'm ready to go again this week and see if for a 3rd time. I really liked it, and I know they are making a killing off of me with the ticket sales, but I thought it was great. I really just want to catch it again for the cinematic score during the Autobot arrival sequence. That was just awesome. That, and the Bumble-Bee/Barricade chase was SICK!!!!!!!!!

Big Dumb Mammal
post #369 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

As for Spyder...He probably got pissed he couldn't count Frodo's foot hairs in LOTR.

129 combined hairs.
post #370 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Spyder do you fall asleep at night clutching your fluffy Optimus doll on your original G1 sheets dreaming of a better movie?
post #371 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 View Post

That, and the Bumble-Bee/Barricade chase was SICK!!!!!!!!!

When Barricade jumps and transforms in less than a second and goes right into a car chase, the audience at my screening audibly gasped.

I can't remember the last time that's happened in a movie theater.

All this talk makes me want to go again!
post #372 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Contrast this film to the original and it's even more pathetic.

You are one bitter dude, Spyder. I watched G1 two weeks ago and and I think I just wasted 1h30min of my PJ's lamp. Just a trip down memory lane seeing the TFs but that was it. I was hurtin', waiting for it to end.

Quote:

Bit too skinny for my tastes but she's young. I would give her a Cheeseburger

Amen, brother. Give a Big Xtra to Rachael Taylor while you're at it. Bring back curves puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

Quote:

When Barricade jumps and transforms in less than a second and goes right into a car chase, the audience at my screening audibly gasped.

My audience reacted exactly the same! When the hard rock music kicked in and the chase began......holy crap......I heard a a guy a couple seats over my shoulder gasp.
post #373 of 571 Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post

I watched G1 two weeks ago and and I think I just wasted 1h30min of my PJ's lamp.

No kiddin. Ironically, now I want to sit through it again just to look for homages/references from the live-action movie
post #374 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Those few seconds were AWESOME....... If only we had seen more of the battle.
post #375 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

I can't remember the last time that's happened in a movie theater.

All this talk makes me want to go again!

Please refresh my memory: Who/what was Barricade (an autobot? a decepticon?), what "vehicle" was he, and when did this transformation occur?
post #376 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by eweiss View Post

Please refresh my memory: Who/what was Barricade (an autobot? a decepticon?), what "vehicle" was he, and when did this transformation occur?

He is a Decepticon, the Police cruiser, It was when him and Bumble bee first meet and had the chase seen out of the cloud of dust I believe.
post #377 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise View Post

well taste is all subjective I mean the original was cheezy in it's own way but many fans of the series felt that the movie didn't crap all over their child memories. As for bumblebee VW refused to let the movie use the beetle as a "war machine" same thing for porsche and Jazz. Also they aren't that incredibly different:

I'm back..

coming from an artist's perspective , I can tell you that the `original' drawing of Optimus is way too simplistic due to the fact that it is from a serial cartoon. Most characters in serial comics were drawn much more simplistically due to time constraints (YOU never see this in comic books but in hand drawn cartoon movies). THe movie version is obviously `over the top' looking but who would've done OP as simplistically as the original cartoon's pic?

If that's your main gripe with the movie it's kind of weak Spyder-man.

So muc for seeing it today..I will eventually!
post #378 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

...If that's your main gripe with the movie it's kind of weak Spyder-man.

No, my main gripe was this movie was about people, not TRANSFORMERS. TRANSFORMERS has always been, and should always be, about TRANSFORMERS, not horny teens, somehow indestructible soldiers, or goofy agents. At least we got 45 whole minutes devoted to the super-amazing, incredibly powerful, awe-inspiring, gasp-inducing, splendorific wonder of the GPX radio.

As for the cars, I take back what I said. Crappy, uninspired cars were perfect for a crappy, uninspired movie. Go GM!
post #379 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I gotcha...when the first trailer came out everyone thought the entire movie would focus on `the humans'..
post #380 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

No, my main gripe was this movie was about people, not TRANSFORMERS. TRANSFORMERS has always been, and should always be, about TRANSFORMERS, not horny teens, somehow indestructible soldiers, or goofy agents. At least we got 45 whole minutes devoted to the super-amazing, incredibly powerful, awe-inspiring, gasp-inducing, splendorific wonder of the GPX radio.

As for the cars, I take back what I said. Crappy, uninspired cars were perfect for a crappy, uninspired movie. Go GM!

Filming TRANSFORMERS is expensive.

They are poor at best at hitting their mark, constantly dropping lines and carry an entourage larger than Mariah Carrey. I've read that in Ironhides trailer, he requires PREMIUM gas. What a primadonna

It's cheaper to stock up on no-names and T & A because nobody cares about their acting ability.
post #381 of 571 Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc View Post

...I've read that in Ironhides trailer, he requires PREMIUM gas. What a primadonna...

Nice.

I can only imagine what RC would have earned. Sadly she was bypassed for an average female humanoid.
post #382 of 571 Old 07-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Saw it yesterday, it's a fun summer movie, but that's all. Script was awful, the same no talents are writing the new Star Trek movie, that doesn't bode well for that project at all.
CGI was good, but unconvincing most of the time.
post #383 of 571 Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

Saw it yesterday, it's a fun summer movie, but that's all. Script was awful, the same no talents are writing the new Star Trek movie, that doesn't bode well for that project at all.
CGI was good, but unconvincing most of the time.

I always had respect for Turtorro and his relation to the Cohens but after this performance "Dejesus" will be stripped off of his bowling shirt. The real success of the movie to me was when leaving the theatre and into the parkade I waited for this bright orange Saturn to transform.

Hmmm. . . Transformers 2: Transmission Failure, sponsored by Saturn.
post #384 of 571 Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc View Post

I always had respect for Turtorro and his relation to the Cohens but after this performance "Dejesus" will be stripped off of his bowling shirt. The real success of the movie to me was when leaving the theatre and into the parkade I waited for this bright orange Saturn to transform.

Hmmm. . . Transformers 2: Transmission Failure, sponsored by Saturn.

Transform into what? A reliable vehicle?
post #385 of 571 Old 07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Advanced Member

>>> Also, there's NO reason we need spoiler tags in this thread. This is a movie discussion thread and the movie is out. If you come in here thinking we're not talking about the movie when it clearly states it in the title you're being silly.

This is the: DVD Movie, Concerts, and Music Discussion and Reviews' part of AVS.

Particularly please note the DVD Movie part opposed to what's currently playing in theatres.

I'm not being silly right now, and for those who read this after the DVD is released wont be silly either, to expect spoilers where appropriate. You should edit-out your spoiler for the benefit of those who follow.

Emergency, everybody to get from street.
post #386 of 571 Old 07-11-2007, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Yikes! Saw this today. I thought I was going to see Transformers not some X-Files wanna be flick. Thought this was terrible.

post #387 of 571 Old 07-12-2007, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Xifles??DId u really see it??

I finally was able to go see it y'day @ 9:40 A.M> NO crowd whatsoever due to the earl showing.

Rating: 8/10

WHY?

First hour was terrible due to the human elements ...THeaction/battle sequences were all top notch but overall the hour was not very good. 5/10

2nd hour had quite possibly the best action climax I've seen next to LOTR:ROTK.10/10 for that one.

The script was dumb as was expected but the CG was unbelievable except in one or two l shots(The standaround long shot after the climax was the most obviously `blue screen' bumble)!

THIS will be one unbelievably good HD or BR dvd audio and videowise..the pic was flawless...not soft or grainy at all!

THe coolest thing I've ever seen in a theatre ahs to be the freeway scene wehre PRime locked down the brakes, slid and u got got a full screen very detailed transformation.

THe transformations sequences were left out of the trailer for obvious reasons...they were the coolest thing about the entire movie.

THe script AND the DUMB Camaro `upgrade' were the worst (Spyder 6969?) el;ements in the movie...some of the human storylines were terrible (the two black guys comes to mind)

Overall I loved it simply based on the action in the 2nd hour...YES, it's a `mindless summer blockbuster but I don't see how anyone could not think the CG in the film was not great...

LASTLY someone tell BAY that Christopher Nolan wants his Batman begins score back! THe score frequently sounded way too close to a BB remix!!

Quote:
this score has reminiscents of BATMAN BEGINS but so what, another great score itself.

post #388 of 571 Old 07-12-2007, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterPaul View Post

>>> Also, there's NO reason we need spoiler tags in this thread. This is a movie discussion thread and the movie is out. If you come in here thinking we're not talking about the movie when it clearly states it in the title you're being silly.

This is the: DVD Movie, Concerts, and Music Discussion and Reviews' part of AVS.

Particularly please note the DVD Movie part opposed to what's currently playing in theatres.

I'm not being silly right now, and for those who read this after the DVD is released wont be silly either, to expect spoilers where appropriate. You should edit-out your spoiler for the benefit of those who follow.

9/10 M'boards have similar setups with spoilers in the heading,etc...sorry but they do.

Transformer's add on:

I agree with the Agent Simmons rips...total waste of time in the film...along with `the cube'.
post #389 of 571 Old 07-12-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

I finally was able to go see it y'day @ 9:40 A.M> NO crowd whatsoever due to the earl showing...

So, if a guy named Earl shows the film, nobody shows up? He must be the worst projectionist ever.
post #390 of 571 Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

it was at the best theatre in Oklahoma CIty...I intentionally went to the early show to avoid a crowd...downside is 375+ people would've made the bass more intense...great LFE/surround demo stuff from the 40 minute or so climax! (From freeway to finish!) I loved the fact that.....Starscream wasn't talking OR WHINING like the cartoons...he was much cooler than the cartoon version's . I'm clueless on using spoiler tags!
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page