Universal Pictures has announced release dates for studio's biggest films of 2008 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-10-2007, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Universals 2008 Big Slate
Universal Pictures Sets 2008 Tentpoles
Source: Universal Pictures
February 10, 2007

Quote:

Universal Pictures has announced release dates for some of the studio's biggest films in 2008.

The studio will release graphic novel adaptation Wanted, starring James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman, on March 28, 2008. The movie is currently in that spot by itself.

Universal has moved The Incredible Hulk away from Disney/Pixar's WALL E and up two weeks to June 13, 2008. There is also no competition on that date yet.

On July 11, 2008, Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz are expected to return for The Mummy 3. It is currently scheduled up against Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder, which DreamWorks also just moved into that spot.

A week later, on July 18, the studio has put Mamma Mia!, the big screen version of the musical to star Meryl Streep. It will face Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight.

Sequel Hellboy 2: The Golden Army has been targeted for August 1, 2008 with no competition yet.

Then, on November 14, 2008, Universal is looking to release The Wolfman, starring Benicio Del Toro.

Other high profile release date updates for 2008 include: Vin Diesel sci-fi thriller, Babylon A.D., coming February 29; the Fourth Installment of the Indiana Jones Adventures, booked for May 22; and Mike Myers' The Love Guru, aiming for a June 20 release.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-10-2007, 06:59 PM

los seres

There was some discussion last year on (The Digital Bits) about (Benicio Del Toro) playing The Wolfman so I guess that's still in the production stages before it moves over to post production.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-14-2007, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For the Mummy3 Bello to take over for Weisz.
Variety
Quote:
Maria Bello will replace Rachel Weisz in the third installment of "The Mummy."

She joins Brendan Fraser, Luke Ford, Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh in the Rob Cohen-directed film for Universal Pictures.

Bello will play Evelyn Carnahan O'Connell, the adventuress played in the first two films by Weisz. After Weisz declined to reprise, Cohen and the studio cast a wide net for a replacement.

Scripted by "Smallville" creators Miles Millar and Alfred Gough, the film brings the O'Connells and their full-grown son (Ford) to the forbidden tombs of China and the Himalayas, where they battle a shape-shifting mummy, a former Chinese emperor (Li) cursed by a wizard (Yeoh).

post #4 of 9 Old 05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Rob Cohen? Gawd help us all. If I was indifferent to the notion of a Mummy 3 before I'm filled with fear and loathing now.

Don't taze me, bro!!
post #5 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

I think Universal will get themselves in trouble proclaming the release of Indiana Jones 4, since Paramount owns that franchise.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post

I think Universal will get themselves in trouble proclaming the release of Indiana Jones 4, since Paramount owns that franchise.

Since they didn't, alls well "Other high profile release date updates for 2008 include".
post #7 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

I see - I got the impression that the last sentence was a 'continuation' of the high profile Universal releases for 2008 - not other studioreleases. Thx
post #8 of 9 Old 05-17-2007, 07:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 48
Rob Cohen is worse than Stephen Sommers. THE MUMMY 3 is going to be another one of Cohen's big balls of suck.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
post #9 of 9 Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Jet Li in Mummy 3 ... I don't get it.
What do they wake up a 3000 year old ancient chinese warrior?

edit: I guess they do

Maria Bello will replace Rachel Weisz in the third installment of "The Mummy."

She joins Brendan Fraser, Luke Ford, Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh in the Rob Cohen-directed film for Universal Pictures.

Bello will play Evelyn Carnahan O'Connell, the adventuress played in the first two films by Weisz. After Weisz declined to reprise, Cohen and the studio cast a wide net for a replacement.

Scripted by "Smallville" creators Miles Millar and Alfred Gough, the film brings the O'Connells and their full-grown son (Ford) to the forbidden tombs of China and the Himalayas, where they battle a shape-shifting mummy, a former Chinese emperor (Li) cursed by a wizard (Yeoh).

Loganed - A long time ago.
My DVD Collection
My Build Thread - "under construction"
PSN: AtsymSknyfs
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page