Anyone going to Coachella? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-26-2007, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sort of on topic, what about live music? Super-excited, this is my first time. If you are going, what band/DJ are ya most excited about? Have you been before or is this your first time? I'm most excited to see Infected Mushroom. I'm a little sad the chemical brothers aren't there. I heard that there will be a performance based on my favorite book/CD (Wild Animus) there, sort of performance art, but it'll be taking place in the crowd, very much looking forward to that, should be some randy weird horny-ram costumes and stuff. The CD "Wild Animus" is up on imeem now as well as a contest to win free tix to Coachella.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedozhips View Post

Sort of on topic, what about live music? Super-excited, this is my first time. If you are going, what band/DJ are ya most excited about? Have you been before or is this your first time? I'm most excited to see Infected Mushroom. I'm a little sad the chemical brothers aren't there. I heard that there will be a performance based on my favorite book/CD (Wild Animus) there, sort of performance art, but it'll be taking place in the crowd, very much looking forward to that, should be some randy weird horny-ram costumes and stuff. The CD "Wild Animus" is up on imeem now as well as a contest to win free tix to Coachella.

Only 1 band worth seeing.... Can you say RAGE???? I wish I lived near California.

T

username should now be "ThumperYZ69"
post #3 of 6 Old 04-27-2007, 11:59 AM

Liked: 12
Only 1 band worth seeing? I hope you're kidding. After looking at the schedule, I see so many that I would love to see! The only problem would be deciding which stage to go to since there are some great bands playing at the same time...

I wish I was going, but unfortunately, it's not easy getting babysitting for 3 days.

Benjamin King

Sic Transit Gloria

post #4 of 6 Old 04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminKing View Post

Only 1 band worth seeing? I hope you're kidding. After looking at the schedule, I see so many that I would love to see! The only problem would be deciding which stage to go to since there are some great bands playing at the same time...

I wish I was going, but unfortunately, it's not easy getting babysitting for 3 days.

Actually I was just shootin' my mouth off. But now that I look closer at the lineup I really mean what I said. *None* worth seeing except RATM.

T

username should now be "ThumperYZ69"
post #5 of 6 Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

I dunno, I thought RATM was good, but Infected Mushroom and Paul Van Dyk are more my thing. Coachella started more as an electronic music based festival and I wish I'd gone to it back in that day, because now it seemed much more rock 'n' roll ish and that's not my thing really. I did see the Wild Animus dancers which was cool, liked how they interacted with the audience. I also saw some other small art/performance stuff that I liked, nice that they provide a venue for smaller acts. I spent a lot of time running back and forth because there was so much going on and I wanted to catch it all!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Huge RATM fan here. Saw them back in 93' at lollapalooza. Was happy to see them get back together at Coachella. Hopefully they will release another album soon. Wishful thinking.

The main reason for my post was, I went to a RHCP concert in January and was absolutely amazed how much energy these guys still have. They have to pushing their 40's. IMO - They easy should have won album of year but the Dixie Chicks took that honor.
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page