AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Cane View Post

ha, you forgot Universal Soldier

I didn't really consider that a "big" movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 130 Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

After what he did in WarGames, it was inevitable!

LOL!
Nice one...

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #123 of 130 Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Liked: 10
Not really a fan of this one...
post #124 of 130 Old 10-16-2008, 06:46 PM

Horrible! That is just one of many words I have used to describe it. Now I hate people who whine about historical significance of popcorn movies. That being said, I will do just that. I am an archaeologist and this film had as much truth to it as Indy does or the B.C. in the title has for that matter. I rarely have trouble bypassing historical inaccuracies in films but this film is so bad that I could think of nothing else. Seriously, wooly mammoths used to build pyramids, carnivorous birds and Homo sapiens together, metal-tipped spears and my favorite: walking from glaciers to mountain peaks, to jungle (insert birds here), to savannah, to a desert by the sea. Holy crap that was one hell of a walk and considering it only took a few days is even more amazing. I could only nitpick instead of watch the characters on screen, cardboard or not. The CGI was even bad and I figured that would be a high point of the movie. I normally like the stuff Emmerich puts on film but this was just plain horrendous. I am hoping for much better with his next project, 2012. Maybe the Mayans will be flying spaceships, waving American flags and causing global warming. Sorry for the rant but this is a really bad POS.

XBL Gamertag: Shovelbum
PSN ID: Shovelbum
post #125 of 130 Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbn733mt View Post

Sorry for the rant but this is a really bad POS.

Oh no problem, 10,000 BC is actually so bad it has zero chance to even end up in the POS thread!
post #126 of 130 Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Horrible! That is just one of many words I have used to describe it. Now I hate people who whine about historical significance of popcorn movies. That being said, I will do just that. I am an archaeologist and this film had as much truth to it as Indy does or the B.C. in the title has for that matter. I rarely have trouble bypassing historical inaccuracies in films but this film is so bad that I could think of nothing else. Seriously, wooly mammoths used to build pyramids, carnivorous birds and Homo sapiens together, metal-tipped spears and my favorite: walking from glaciers to mountain peaks, to jungle (insert birds here), to savannah, to a desert by the sea. Holy crap that was one hell of a walk and considering it only took a few days is even more amazing. I could only nitpick instead of watch the characters on screen, cardboard or not. The CGI was even bad and I figured that would be a high point of the movie. I normally like the stuff Emmerich puts on film but this was just plain horrendous. I am hoping for much better with his next project, 2012. Maybe the Mayans will be flying spaceships, waving American flags and causing global warming. Sorry for the rant but this is a really bad POS.

That was my reaction too.
Ordinarily, I'll go with Hollywood fantasy films.
This movie is one of the few I couldn't keep down (after watching all the silliness you described so well).
The problem with this shite is that many people out there will think there is some historical accuracy in 10,000 BC.
As an archaologist, you are no doubt aware ignorance springs eternal...

post #127 of 130 Old 10-16-2008, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
It cudda happened...

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #128 of 130 Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

It cudda happened...

LOL!
Yup, it cudda....

post #129 of 130 Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:

So, what are you saying is the movie sucked?
post #130 of 130 Old 10-17-2008, 11:50 AM

I saw the movie at home and even without taking my opinion into consideration, do you know how i know this movies sucked, my two boys (10&12) who have never met an action movie they didnt love, hated the movie. I kind lied, they also didnt like HITMAN
Reply Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page