Originally Posted by pbmax542
I think they all look this bad. I here that the standard def copy on the back of the HD-DVD looks okay. I also read that the two-disc collectors addition looks fine. Though, I have not seen this first hand.
I have the two disc collectors edition, and well, you can see the results up there ^
The scene in the playground with harry and dudley is by far the worst looking segment in the film. It's literally like watching it on youtube, if not worse.
I've determined that the problem is one of the below:
1) All DVD's of this movie look this bad, but some people just don't notice because they sit 20 feet away from their TV.
2) Not all copies of the DVD have good transfers, or a "few" (as in several hundred) bad ones got out.
3) Best buy is now selling pirated DVD's disguised as the legit thing (funny, but not likely)
4) This movie just does not look well with certain DVD player / Television combinations
5) Everybody reporting this issue has something wrong with their TV.
6) I don't think it's a ploy to get people to upgrade to BDVD/HDDVD. If it were, all of the discs would be this bad. It appears only a small percentage of them are bad (go read reviews on amazon). Then again, these people could be the same people as #1.