Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 116 Old 12-24-2001, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was just curious to see the types of automobiles are among us here. I am thinking it should be a rather interesting range of cars... post whatcha got!!

Me:

2001 Acura Integra GS-R Coupe
Milano Red / Black Leather interior

170hp 1.8 liter 4cyl... 8,000rpm redline
5 speed (of course)

as of right now... 4,715 miles on the odometer.

Wife:
(in April)
2002 Acura RSX
Nighthawk Black Pearl / gray cloth interior

160hp 2.0 liter 4cyl
automatic w/ slushbox (sportshift automatic shifter thingie)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 Old 12-24-2001, 03:24 PM
hob

I drive at top speed at all times outside my disabled apartment at the unbelievable blistering speed of 4.5 M.P.H. My 1999 Electric Mobility model # 310 has 1.5 horse power at the wheels. Utilizing a 4 wheel solid fiberglass and steel chasis except for stearing 'tiller'. The color is cobalt Blue with light grey seat handle bars are basic black. There is a optional bright yellow flag attached to back bumper
this vehicle while engine was gearing down to go up a hill at swift speed of .5 M.P.H.

I was HIT on September 3, 2001 by a 'not so sweet' old lady that was looking at the hood or road, which ever she could see while looking 'under' the steering wheel of her 'tank'. Well it felt like that the 1987 Olsmobile hitting me from behind and pushing my little scooter 20 feet, then then taking off to avoid the accident.

Unfortunately for her she got a red light, while waiting for the green light. I had a healthy young woman bicycle up, get her license number and if she was still waiting, tell her that she hit some one and must go back to scene of road accident. It felt like my disabling road accident in 1985, that's why I don't work.

Reason why she took off, her car was not insured! I got my apartment insurance policy to pay the $1,495 it took to replace parts. I would ike to tell all disabled first class citizens this machine held up well against solid 1987 big heavy oldsmobile ramming vehicle.

Deluxe scooter has hand controls, light, horn, and electric brakes. Equipped with two (2) 12 Volt closed batteries rated at 35 amp hours. Cruising at full speed gives scooter a 'full' 25 mile range before you must connect to on board charger via a 6 foot cord from outlet.

Scooter has following options:

1. 22 inch grey seat

2. front and rear deluxe baskets.

3. 8 inch pneumatic tires.

4. Bright Yellow Flag with 6 foot stick

5. beverage cup holder

Price when new $5,044 including freight,
put together time 20 minutes. Warranty 2 years on motor and chassis. Again I reccommend this model for safe hits, from heavy cars crashing into you while your traveling .5 M.P.H. 4 inches from the curb.

This could have been a fatal accident as this irresponsible driver took off to avoid being charged with accident. Only her coming back from bicylist saved her from hit and run charges. She was cited for driving without insurance, reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions and giving 'out' of date card holding insurance information to the Police. For all of that and safey to rest of the world her drivers license was taken away for good, she could not get any insurance to re-test!

Safe to say the born in 1912. "Little old Lady from Pasadina"~Dean Torrence and Jan Barry. The spunky lady has decided to take advice and has given up driving for good. Police had made it clear she would have to take get car reinsured to take driving test, physical, and eye examination over again, at State Police driving course.

When I buy a new speedier than 4.5 scooter I will again go for strong built scooter from choice Top maker Electric-Mobility!
post #3 of 116 Old 12-24-2001, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

do they make Carbon Fiber wheelchairs??

I would imagine that would be SUPER light... how convenient would that be?
post #4 of 116 Old 12-24-2001, 09:10 PM
hob

I am de man I survived a purposely 'jack knifed' truck to avoid killing 4 children and their parents in June of 1985. It was a no win situation, kill the occupants in the yellow pickumup truck, that I seen in my left frisco mirror. Concrete K-rails for the center divider. I could kill who I found later to be an 89 year old man that backed up his blue toyota towards a missed exit in the 'middle' lane. My truck was dead heading (empty trailer) north on I-95 towards Providence RI.

To pick up a heavy to take back to our breakbulk, but I landed in Norwalk General Hospital, my ankle 'crushed' between the incoming metal of COE (Cab Over Engine) and non giving metal clutch. I also had 4 broken ribs and my left index finger was cut and it still doesn't work. The kids 'parents' waited for the State Police, they gave them the license number and said "If that man is still alive will you thank him for what he did, in order to save our children"?

Then 16 years later another old person that also was unfit to drive looking out at the hood ornament, what else can you see looking out 'under' the steering wheel? I have survived 2 near fatal road accidents, one in Tractor with a empty 45 foot trailer.

The other with a light weight disabled persons vehicle 4 inches from the curb. Ok Santa I just told the truth what am I getting for chistmas?

PVR I have no idea if they use the very expensive kevlar for powered wheelchairs.
All I want is a pair of stinger missles for the next yokel that hits me and takes off. Fire one kaboom, nice thoughts to be typing on Chrstmas Eve huh?

Well I must say that I just screened "Undersiege" with Steven Seagal, Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey. The Missouri had tomahawk cruise missles 8 of them special with a 260 kiloton nuclear payload, which one officer said 1 million people will reach 10,000 degrees in less than a second, Honolulu was their target to have everyone glow in the dark. Sick thinking but great action from Master Steven Seagal.

Night, night, PVR be good or the coal bucket will be yours, and forget about your two front teeth. Santa took them to eat the cookies your kids left out for him, like we did when we were children. lol :cool:
post #5 of 116 Old 12-26-2001, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My two cars are a 1990 Lexus LS400 and a 2001 Toyota Prius hybrid.
I would like to buy an electric car but they are unavailable.
If I had lived 100 years ago I could have chosen from several electric cars from different manufacturers. :)

Hey Hob, have you read 'The Deep Hot Biosphere - The Myth of Fossil fuels' ?

Frank

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #6 of 116 Old 12-26-2001, 12:44 PM
hob

I would like to read it online if you please, hope you had a nice Christmas for me I typed away at responses to forget I was alone and there would be no visitors.
post #7 of 116 Old 12-26-2001, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Like most books, it's not available online.

You can read some of it here .

Frank

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #8 of 116 Old 12-27-2001, 09:15 AM

96 Pontiac Gran Am. I can think of at least 3 components in my HT that are worth more than my car. I guess we all have our priorities.
post #9 of 116 Old 12-27-2001, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

2001 VW Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg Edition
Black on Black, sunroof, monsoon, Giac v5 chip, PES BOV, PES Cone Filter Intake System, Autotech 2.5 Cat-Back Exhaust, Neuspeed 28 rear/25 front sway bars.... H&R coilovers.. Projekt Zwo Front, 20% tint.. Alpine CDA-7878 In dash CD/mp3 player...More mods coming up soon..
About 230Hp now...

and 2000 VW Golf TDi

And 2002 M3 on order.
post #10 of 116 Old 12-27-2001, 11:44 AM

'87 5.0 mustang with Vortec supercharger and numerous other goodies. 406 rear wheel horsepower.
:cool:
post #11 of 116 Old 12-27-2001, 03:23 PM

I only watch and listen to Japanese products - never DRIVE them! (mainly because I don't fit into them!);)

1998 Dodge Ram
4X4, 360, intense blue, Quadcab

1958 Panhead
74ci, Skyline Blue and White

1946 Indian Chief
74ci, American Beauty Red (straight outta the spray can)
post #12 of 116 Old 12-27-2001, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

2001 Toyota Prius Hybrid Gas/Electric
post #13 of 116 Old 12-27-2001, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
1996 Land Rover Discovery (white)

and

1998 Jeep Wrangler (white/tan top)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
post #14 of 116 Old 12-27-2001, 10:33 PM

I drive a beautiful '89 Mercury Marquis with just over 60,000 easy miles on the odometer. It's a boat but I like the sensation of floating as I glide down the road. Happy New Year to all!

:)

Don
post #15 of 116 Old 12-28-2001, 01:05 AM
hob

A 1946 Indian Chief Motorcyle, by chance does it have the reverse gear that some of thm do, that I have been told that do?
post #16 of 116 Old 12-28-2001, 02:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Funny you ask. As of Friday 14th Dec 2001, I bumb rides. Picture is worth a 1000 words. TOTALLED. Hit the wall head on at 65 MPH.

http://www.freepicturehosting.com/g/110962_1.jpg

Silence is overrated!
post #17 of 116 Old 12-28-2001, 02:53 AM

No reverse on this Indian Hob. I think they made a few for sidecar use. Right now mine has no tranny in it - I've been rebuilding it for a few years!
post #18 of 116 Old 12-28-2001, 07:40 AM
hob

I had about 17 Motorcyles in my life, mostly Hondas, my restoring job a 1926 Stake body the kind that Elliot Ness drove through Al Capones breweries. The truck had a metal snow plow welded to the front which I took off. I got talking to a teacher at a vo-tech school and asked him if his restoration class had some thing to to restore. I showed him pictures of what I had bought for $15, he said now that is what we have never done. I had already got the 'scecs' fom GMC who wanted to buy the restored truck, the teacher agreed that I had the nescessary specifications, I was the engine rebuilder and the class had the wood cab and deck plus sides that fit ito the the deck.

What a grand photo after the completed wood cab and deck and cherry red paint. All the young men were beaming for that photograph we took turns driving it in parades including fire parades since we had used fire engine red for the outside paint cover.

BTW Asunc the truck had a electric starter with 12 Volt positive ground battery that was located under the drivers seat. I finally traded it off for a boat tail rear end Chord, to do some restoring. That is the car that got me my first Corvette a 1963 Split window Classic with Marina Blue paint and a black interior. 327 cubes with stock 265 horsepower 4 speed muncie tranny I did add a Hurst shifter, I had Macco repaint it the original Marina blue, what woman pick up car that was. Asunc it was 'not' a "No go showboat"~The Beach Boys.:)
post #19 of 116 Old 12-30-2001, 12:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
98 Cadillac STS

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here --->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
good times!

post #20 of 116 Old 12-30-2001, 12:31 PM

I switch between a '92 Lexus SC400 and a '00 BMW 740iL. The Bimmer is pretty much my "home theater" away from home car.

Check it out below and let me know what you think.

Michael's Millennium Edition 740iL

Mike D.
post #21 of 116 Old 12-30-2001, 01:03 PM
hob

What kind of job do you have to be able to afford cars like you described every 2 years. Woohoo are you a semi-millionaire,
I would like to know how to make much money to be able to keep up in latest HT gear. Be able to change cars every other year aurthurvino can you let us know your secret money making ways? We won't tell we might take the same money making route.:)
post #22 of 116 Old 12-30-2001, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

I guess I am the only one stuck driving a minivan. 2000 Honda Odessey. Of course its loaded with electronics just like my living room. Macintosh 6 chl Amp w/ Boston Acoustic Pro Component speakers, JL sub, MD changer (should have waited for CDRs, but thats the price you pay for always being first) and sony head unit.
post #23 of 116 Old 12-30-2001, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

1998 Nissan Maxima
2000 Suzuki Bandit Motorcycle
post #24 of 116 Old 12-31-2001, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

1999 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sport
1993 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 Standard Cab Pickup

(The latter is oh-so-handy for runs to Home Depot and landscape nursuries, not to mention the Sunshine State's occasional "high water" days!;) And after a hurricane it goes over downed palm trees better than the Merc, too!)

The other household wheels:

My partner's 1997 Audi A8 4.2 quattro. (How do you say "land yacht" in German?)

HiDefDave

WPTV/WFLX West Palm Beach, FL

post #25 of 116 Old 01-01-2002, 09:43 AM

A variety of cars for a variety of purposes.

2001 Dodge Durango for hauling stuff to and from the grandkids.

My wife has a '91 Cadillac Deville that refuses to die and serves her well.

My pride and joy is my 1995 Impala SS (one of the finest cars The General ever produced). It has over 100,000 miles on it and now, for the most part, I only use it on special occasions.

The last "special" occasion was driving it out to L.A. right after 9-11 when air travel was tough (to say the least) to attend the HTF California meet. The car was amazing. It got over 25 mpg while I travelled cross country with, how shall I put this, "the wind beneath my wings." Handling was superb and the ride was smooth as silk and totally relaxing (I drove alone.)

Lots of great stories and memories regarding this trip, not the least of which was a visit with Gary Reber of WideScreen Review where we all drove over to a local winery in a caravan, including my Impala SS and his customized Impala SS (with about $80,000 in modifications including a kick-a DTS sound system.)

Ironically, as we discussed, in the long run my car, which has all stock parts - or has stock parts in storage where I made modifications - will be worth more when these cars become classics in 12 years since "stock" is essential to provide value to collectors. I'll never part with this fine 2ton+, 8 cylinder vehicle, no matter what else I might own.

Here's a shot of my "Black Beauty" in front of my brother's house in Hollywood (actually Hancock Park, LA).

http://home.att.net/~tfowkes/graphics/Impala37a.JPG

RAF
D
emented Video Dude since 1997
Computer Maven since 1956
"PITA" since 1942

post #26 of 116 Old 01-02-2002, 08:05 PM

How bout that? My first post the the AVS forum is about my car? Who woulda thunk it? But only because I see two other Toyota Prius here ...wow! With me as the third that makes us the "Mode" response right now. that's amazing!

Ken Lim
post #27 of 116 Old 01-02-2002, 08:31 PM

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe

Check out my cool mobile MP3 player install at http://www.geocities.com/neo35faq

Jarred

post #28 of 116 Old 01-02-2002, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

My other baby besides my HT is a Mercedes Benz AMG C43... at an average of 12 MPG (don't believe what the invoice says) and so far 6500 miles per year... it will probably out last me.

I almost bought its newer brother but the brilliant racing minds at AMG decided not to include a spare tire and after having blown out 3 tires alone this year... I decided how much faster do I really need to go... what is 50 more horsepower anyway?
post #29 of 116 Old 01-03-2002, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I am only 22, and I am a student still:mad: so for now I drive a 1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
It has 46,000 miles on it, and it is currently sleeping for the winter:(

My Winter car, well is in my Basement: A Mitsubishi 55907 Diamond HDTV:)

Hey Iam young, and I still drive the parents cars during the winter;)

Fred

Fred M. DeGrandis Jr.
post #30 of 116 Old 01-03-2002, 05:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Let's see, when I'm not working I drive a 2000 Toyota Camry.

For work I drive a Dodge Caravan, packed out with three digital cameras with DVCAM and betacam SP backs, 6 1Kw lights with a 4 place dedo kit and full audio field production gear. Portable blue screen, tripods with remote servo controls. And all the stuff included in most 1 ton grip trucks. So, you might say I drive a Sony, at least that's where $3000 a month in payments go. LOL

Don Landis
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page