Do I need a HDTV component signal amp? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-08-2002, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a HD satellite receiver in my upstairs theater room and I just purchased a HD projection TV downstairs and I want to run video components out to connect to my TV down stairs for HDTV. The run will be about 100 ft. Do I need to amplify these signals?
I do not need a component switcher because I am using the RGB output from the receiver for the Theater projector and I will be using the component output from the HD satellite receiver for the down stairs? (Can switch back and forth thru the remote) I temp set this up with a 55ft run and the signal works but the HD picture is crystal clear but it doesnt have the "" HD PUNCH"" I usually see on a HD picture. The 3 cables (COMPONENT) are homemade with Quadshield RG6 and true 75 ohm RCA connectors. Does anybody know what the max length run is to still receive the "full bandwidth" signal ? What is the limit on HDTV signal length. Where can I get a resonably priced component (HDTV) dist amp for about $200.00? Is this the solution for getting the extra punch for the HDTV picture for downstairs? This satellite system is ExpressVu so an additional HD receiver is not a solution

Any knowledgeable feed back will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2002, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
A component amp would help, but with amplification always comes noise.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-08-2002, 01:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
You seem to be using the proper connectors cable & connectors, a distribution amp (DA) is what's next.

I would try Key Digital & Audio Authority for inexpensive 3 channel HD video DA's. The bandwidth should be at least 35 MHz, and more if you can get it.

It is true that any amp could add video noise, but a properly designed DA, at the length cable you are planning should be transparent to the human eye.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page